“A must-see”

and up
Muay Thai Kickboxing with Ringside Seats and Private Transfer
Ranked #61 of 587 things to do in Bangkok
More attraction details
Owner description: Rajadamnern stadium became Thailand national heritage along with the sport of Muay Thai. We are located on the legendary and historical avenue of Bangkok : which surrounded by famous tourist attraction and landmark
Reviewed December 26, 2013

If you leave Bangkok without seeing a muay thai match, you really haven't experienced the city! My husband and I at the last minute decided to attend a fight after a long day at the temples - we are so happy we did. While the tickets were more expensive than we anticipated (they charge tourists more but they seat you in the front row), we had a fun time at this historic stadium watching this popular sport; watching the locals cheer them on and bet behind cages was entertaining as well. Make sure to leave yourselves enough time for travel - what should have been a ten minute ride from our hotel was at least an hour due to the terrible traffic!!!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We went in an ordinary night, without researching about the fights. Stadium was empty and they charged much more for us than for locals. We watched very light weight fights, and even children fall and get carried out by the doctor. Kind of scary to see kids fight and I don´t agree. So yes, I would go again, but only on adults fight nights.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

If you want to get an authentic feel for Thai boxing, this is the place to go. be prepared for the sights and sounds that can only be experienced in person.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Built in the 1940's this historic Thai boxing stadium is fantastic. It's only credible nemesis being the Legendary Lumpinee Stadium. The Raja, is another great Muay Thai Boxing Stadium. Again buy your tickets at the stadium itself don't be hustled by the touts. You can buy tickets for 1000, 1500 and 2000 Baht VIP/Ring Side. Again we opted for the true experience at 1500 and sitting with the locals. Everyone is very friendly and eager to help you out at the stadium. The stadium had AC and can get fairly cold which is a good thing while in Bangkok. Again a fantastic experience and once in a lifetime. Very much recommended.

6  Thank Ralph S
Reviewed August 11, 2013

If your a fight fan, then you'll really enjoy Rajadamnern. It's the sibling to Lumphini. I went to Rajadamnern because of it's proximity to my Hotel. When I arrived I was elated to find that there was a special event happening - a superfight with Saenchai. Because of this the prices were doubled. I sat ringside because, hey, how many times will I be in Bangkok? The price was 3,000 Baht (about $97 USD). Yup, not cheap, but worth every single penny. You are right next to the ring, under the lights. You get a great sense of the crowd's energy and chanting. I happened to sit next to the musicians who play the cool, eerie music throughout the event. So glad I went.

I made a video showing some highlights.

2  Thank tgates209