The Continent Hotel Bangkok by Compass Hospitality
Ranked #109 of 896 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

I stayed with my girlfriend from 1 to 8 October in the continent room booked direct from the hotel website. Very nice view from my room at the 27 floor. Staffs are very friendly and most of them speak good English. We enjoyed taking the 3min walk to the BTS station connecting Terminal 21 and Robinson. Only minus point was too much chlorine in swimming pool and eyes could be quite painful without the goggles.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Silvanus K
GMThecontinenthotel, General Manager at The Continent Hotel Bangkok by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear Silvanus K,
Greetings from The Continent Hotel, Bangkok!
Thanks for your nice review.
We are sorry for the pool issue, actually the hotel' pool is salted water pool and has no chlorine.
We are glad that you had enjoyable stay with your girlfriend and we wish to see you again.
My best regards,
Zaki Baz

Write a ReviewReviews (1,724)

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Only stayed 1 night so I'll write a short review
Love the location, just across Terminal 21. Soi Cowboy is just behind the hotel.
Lots of affordable food nearby.
I left some medicine back home, and found a helpful drug store on the left side of the hotel exit.
Unfortunately I was dissappointed with the bellboy. I asked for a metered taxi to the airport.
As I was entering the taxi the bellboy said "meter no problem" . I noticed later that the taxi meter was off. I was short on time and fortunately the taxi driver wasn't asking for insane amount of money.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank nudechef

Dear nudechef,
Greetings from The Continent Hotel, Bangkok!
Thanks for your kind review.
I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the hotel location, and services.
Please accept my apology for the taxi arrangement. As the hotel policy we ask just taximeter to drive our guests to anywhere, and we always recommend the hotel limousine due to the best safety and the quality. All the staff will be well re-trained to insure the best of our guests convenient.
Thanks again for your kind review, and we look forward to your next visit.
My best regards,

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I have stayed here twice so far and I love it. Just around the corner from the night life at Soi Cowboy and down the road from Nana Plaza, the location is perfect. A short walk from Asok BTS station too.

The service is a bit slow there but that is fairly typical of Thailand in general. When you make your booking over the net, you provide them with all your details, e-mail address, home address, e.t.c. and then when you check in, they will ask you to provide ALL this information AGAIN manually (??). I just say no.

Overall I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Eventful_Thor,
Greetings from The Continent Hotel, Bangkok!
Many thanks for your kind review.
Thanks for the complement. We are so happy to know that you love our hotel.
For some online bookings the hotel does not receive all details, so we ask our guests to write again.
All the very best.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

This is a nice hotel,nice staff,good food,lovely decor. The hotel is well appointed and set in a good location with Asoke BST just 200 metres away, BUT even on the 27th Floor the noise from ground level including the BST (Sky Train) is unbelievable, this continues right through the night,even with the curtains shut the noise and vibration are very noticable.
In fairness to the Hotel staff they offerred to move me, but a swift recky to another room on another floor soon told me that this would make no differrence at all, so I stayed put. This and the overly loud background music (Most of which is banal Techno crap more fitting to a night club than a hotel) is the only other annoyance.
The room size are under for an Asian hotel,quite small more like a European hotel.
Some staff are ok but most tend to make it up as they go along,it seems the manager and Fairy were the only two that were switched on.

Room Tip: For the same rate you could find a much better hotel
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Dear Paul E,
Greetings from The Continent Hotel, Bangkok!
Thanks for your kind review.
Sorry for the bad experience that you had with us during your stay.
Your room has been fixed and no noise anymore. For sure, higher floor is better due to Bangkok is very busy city.
Lobby and corridor music will be turned off at 11pm and ON at 11am and it will be very well controlled to avoid noise or any inconvenient for our guests.
Thanks for your valuable comments and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.
Best regards,

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Perfectly adequate, but scope for improvement; manager needs to intervene for some easy fixes.

Continent Hotel in Bangkok is well located at the Asoke intersection right next to Sky Train access stairs. Staff are friendly and motivated. Décor is modern and tasteful, but I suspect it will quickly date.

Rooms are small but well appointed. Lights switches are clearly labeled and easy to locate. Curtains are proper blackout but I struggled to get my room dark though; the room and bathroom night lights, flashing phone charge indicator, red thermostat and iPod clock radio all needed extinguishing. Neither my iPod classic nor iPhone 4 would work on the dock. Rooms feature a marvelous large TV, but the signal is reduced so the image is not sharp. A listing of the TV stations would be useful.

Room 1702 shower smelt slightly moldy and the water pressure, while adequate, didn’t deliver the luxurious hot shower I’d have preferred. Towels are plentiful, thick and high quality.

The mini bar coffee facility and bathroom amenity draws were helpfully left ajar on arrival. Locating them would be a challenge otherwise.

Despite three attempts and clearly offering to pay, I was defeated in having a morning newspaper delivered to my room both mornings I was there. Ridiculous for a hotel so well located for business customers.

Breakfast is typical hotel buffet style, the venue is the impressive main restaurant with floor to ceiling windows but the loud jazz music seems inappropriate at breakfast time and somewhat spoilt my enjoyment. Like hotels the world over the toaster is awful, after passing my bread through two excruciatingly slow cycles, rescuing it twice from the slide it was still pale and completely untoasted. Why not just have the staff bring us toast? Oh, and the yoghurt is completely lost amongst the salad dressings. All effortless things to solve. Hint, try sitting in the small alcove in the corner.

There are only two guest elevators, so allow time for them to arrive. Card access is required and guests seem to struggle with the confusing button layout for selecting the floors. Outside guests are welcome to the restaurants and bar.

Free throttled Internet is a welcome touch and faster access is available for a fee.

In balance a hotel worth considering for your Bangkok stay, but there is so much choice here. Intervention from the manager could make the hotel even better and help differentiate it from the competitors.

Continent team, let us know here when you have attended to these minor issues and I’ll try you again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Standard room size and may not be big enough for guests who are shopaholics...they may need to manage the room space accordingly. Superb location, right next to Asok BTS and a few minutes walk to Terminal 21 mall. As for bathroom toiletries (shower gel, shampoo), do bring your own. Generally a clean and tidy hotel with friendly staff! Will stay there again the next round.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 6, 2013

My first experience with this hotel in Bangkok. Very impressed by the hotel staff and hotel rooms.

Staffs like Ice, Gy, Eve, Faii and Mac are well commended for their good altitude, friendliness and being helpful.

I will defintely recommend this to others and will choose this hotel for my future stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business