Vio.com
Etrip
StayForLong
Hotels.com
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 22, 2017

Short version: Stay "AWAY" from this Hotel.

Long version: My wife and I got to this hotel in Bangkok around 10am, our check-in time at this (pre booked) hotel was 2pm. Although I had requested an early check-in while making the reservation 2 weeks in advance but the hotel never bothered to reply.
We got to the hotel around 10am, the front desk lady seemed like she either hated her job or our faces. She wasn't courteous at all, wasn't welcoming or smiling and was speaking the bare minimum to get her message through. We were told the check-in will be at 2pm but we can leave our stuff in the 2nd floor lobby and come back when it's time. The hotel has 30 flights of really narrow stairs and nowhere in the reservation it was mentioned that there is no bell boy and neither did that front desk lady bothered to tell us. We walked upstairs and saw bunch of housekeeping girls in the lobby servicing the rooms, I asked one of them if she or someone in the staff can bring our luggage upstairs. She didn't say anything but went downstairs and then brought our luggage up. This is a small hotel, it has only 8 rooms in one building and probably 8 in the other 30m away building that i didn't see. As far i could see other than 1, all rooms were vacant and already serviced but the front desk lady was just not interested in giving us a room early. Well anyways we got ready and came downstairs, I asked the front desk lady that I am leaving all my luggage behind in the lobby will it be safe?, she tells me if you are so worried then take it with you. I (very respectfully) asked, I am fine with leaving my luggage behind but will it be safe? and this time she says very rudely how many times do I have to tell you. I was surprised by her reaction and again very respectfully said lady your job is customer service and you are definitely not providing that right now. I can ask you something 10times and you should answer me 10times because that's your job. Point to note: It wasn't like she was busy or there were a lot of guests standing in line. She was literally just sitting and watching some funny YouTube video out loud on the computer that she didn't even bother muting or pausing while she talked to us and all her attention was towards that video. After I gave her a customer service realization check, she tells me we have 10 cameras in this hotel and if my staff or anyone steals from guests luggage, we'll have footage. I said very good then but this is the first time you are telling me this so stop being rude. She looks at my face and tells me 'Shut Up!'. I have traveled the world and stayed in luxurious hotels to small hotels & AirBnBs but never have I ever heard someone at the front desk of a hotel say 'Shut Up' to me. I was stumped and totally lost it after that, i asked, "Did you just say Shut Up to me?" and she (without showing any regret) said, "Yes I did". At that point i got really furious and said I want to speak to your manager, she says my name is Yay Yay and that's the number of my manager on the wall. Go talk to anyone you want, I don't care. I shouted at her and said don't you dare talk to me like this and she said, "You Indian people always create problems." Although i have no relation to India (but even if i did that's not the point), i said lady I am not Indian, I am from the US. She says, "I don't care what your nationality is and if you are not Indian, your parents must be or grandparents must be. You all are the same." My blood was boiling and at that point. Other members of the staff gathered up and she tells them this Indian customer is creating a scene. I see an older white couple walking into the hotel that she greeted, i saw them go up the stairs, i asked them very nicely that if they were staying in this hotel when they said Yes. I told them what she did to me to inquire if they have been treated the same, they replied nopes we didn't have any problem. So I realized that this front desk lady is probably a racist and only likes Thai and White people. Anyone who doesn't look White, she treats them like filth. As soon as the couple went upstairs she tells me "You Have a Big Mouth". I said okay then I will reach out to millions of people over the Internet and let them know how you treat guests in this hotel and I will also talk to your manager. She stayed indifferent and didn't care at all. I stepped outside the hotel and called her Manager. I explained him what had just happened and most surprisingly the manager says I will have to look into it, maybe you were not polite with my staff. I was blown away at first but then realized why the front desk lady was so indifferent because she knew her manager is going to take her side. I told the manager to go watch the CCTV footage and listen to what she said to me. He calls me back after half an hour and complaints that why did i shout and why did i talk to that other couple and why did i make the hotel staff carry my luggage upstairs when they have no bell boy. I clarified the manager very respectfully that if someone is going to be rude to me, tell me to shut up, makes racist comments then ofcourse I wont just keep smiling. Plus I had no idea that the weird hotel does not take your luggage up the stairs when there is no elevator. The manager then admits that the front desk lady is not the politest person to do the job but i was at fault too. I was in a state of shock that how low this manager is going to go to defend a disgruntled staff member. The Manager then had the audacity to tell me that now the staff doesn't like you so you won't get good customer service, i would recommend that you should go to another hotel. I was surprised that instead of bringing his own own house in order, he is asking the customer to leave. I then said No, I am going to stay (i only had 1 night stay anyways) and i want to witness how your staff treats me (because i wanted the entire world to know through TripAdvisor).

We came back later in the afternoon, we were assigned a room by another front desk person and I thought maybe the manager moved the rude woman to another duty because he realized she is not the best person for the job however the same night when we came back from outside, i saw her again at the front desk. She didn't bother saying hello or welcome to us and totally ignored us as we walked in.

My biggest dilemma that while i was complaining to that lady about her job and her unprofessionalism, she was making personal attacks in return by Telling me to Shut Up, Making racist comments, Telling me that I have a big mouth etc and her manager noticed that i created a scene and talked to another guest but failed to point out or discipline the personal attacks a member of his staff was making.

The manager might reply to this review and tell an entirely irrelevant story (i have seen that in many cases) but please note I am no amateur reviewer. I am a level 4 TripAdvisor contributor, i have traveled the world and have never witnessed anything like this.

If you condemn racism in any shape or form then please stay away from this hotel. They are rude arrogant people who do not deserve your business, plus their hotel rooms are small and tacky.

There are many small good value hotels in the same area that you can stay in. This hotel does not have anything significant or nice about it.

Please be aware!!!

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank TJ_Khizri
Reviewed September 13, 2017

Loved this place. It's small, well kept and clean, very friendly staff, great cafe next door, and the place is close to the flower market and pier, Royal Palace, and across the road to the Pho Wat (temple.) An excellent place to stay and is close to the river. Highly recommend.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2017

Thatien Village hotel is a very nice place well located in historical city (but far from BTS and MRT). Quiet place, very nice and big rooms with terrace , near the river at Tha tien
Perfect to visit Wat Pho , Wat Arun and Royal Palace
Hotel is not expensive and very original

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 12, 2017 via mobile

We came here to save us from the rain outside a had a good time.
Great location opposite Wat Pho with good cold herb teas, selection of coffees, ice-cream and some Thai dishes. Free WiFi and cheap prices.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 20, 2017 via mobile

Hotel is located next to Wat Pho and few minutes walking to the Grand Pałace and boat pier. Rooms are nice and clean, with comfy bed. Wifi works well. Staff is nice and helpful. The only cons are that the area is lively until the closing of the temple-after that all eateries etc are closed so you need to think about your dinner ahead;) also, because of main tourist attractions proximity, it may get hard (but not impossible) to catch a taxi with driver willing to use a taxometer... Anyway, hotel itself is great!

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank KasicA a