“Interesting Impressive Surprising”

Yunomori Onsen & Spa Bangkok
Ranked #25 of 456 Spas & Wellness in Bangkok
More attraction details
Owner description: Yunomori Japanese Onsen & Spa Bangkok Yunomori is the first authentic Japanese Onsen and Spa in Thailand, and it brings ancient Japanese Onsen bathing culture together with traditional Thai massage techniques to create a uniquely relaxing experience. Bathe in healing water sourced directly from the thermal springs of Wat Wangkanai. The temperatures and mineral content of these sacred waters detoxify and relax the body, making it supremely receptive to the holistic Thai massage skills of our Spa’s expert therapists. Yunomori is a retreat from the hectic nature of city life. Whether you need to escape for an hour or a day, our Onsen, Spa, Cafe, and Beauty Clinic will nurture you back to perfect health.
Hong Kong
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Interesting Impressive Surprising”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Yet ...

Somebody recommended me going to this unusual spa. First of all, a Japanese-style onsen/spa in the capital of Thailand. Interesting. And the prices on its webpage are remarkably cheap. And, I think that, if such a price, no loss even if not good. We then booked a 2-hr aroma oil massage.

The spa is an isolate building by itself, i.e., not in the middle of a multi-storey building. Impressive. The deco is impressive: bamboo on the outside, wooden materials inside. Jap paintings etc hanged on walls. We arrived at noon and the lobby was a bit noisy - a lack of serenity, which is something we appreciate in spa. But not a big flaw.

Staff could not be friendlier. Love it. The core topic: the massage. The two masseurs performed well. We were asked of the details: which parts of our bodies should be focused, the intensity of the massage, a choice of 3 oils to choose from. We were later led to the private room on the 2nd level.

The room appears to be spotlessly clean. Appreciated. Then, I saw the nice surprise on the wall ----- please see the attached pic here and test your eyesight.

I do not have a cockroach-phobia. I am not complaining. Very unexpected to find a small companion during our massage. But ... it's Japanese-standard cleanliness, right?
I think the Jap owner may die of shame. Ha ha ha ...

Visited August 2014

• Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Depends on the masseur you get!”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

An average place that is not too easy to find (our cab driver had to make many rounds in the area before he found it despite the instructions from our hotel and the full address of the spa). It is a huge place, very clean and polite service. But I think it lacks ambience. For example, I do not see any plant/ floral arrangement nor hear any music. It was just awfully quiet with only mutters and whispers from the people at the spa.

The onsen was ok, they had 1 jacuzzi pool and 3 hot tubs of varying temperatures. The massage room was clean and basic. But my masseur was very good. We opted for a 90 min massage and 30 min herbal compress. She was consistent throughout and very skillful. I feel rested and relaxed after the session.

That said, the treatment was quite expensive considering that it is Bangkok. We paid 1,800 THB. each. But if u get a good masseur that it's worth the price tag. May revisit again.

Visited August 2014
Perth, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Affordable onsen in Bangkok”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

A beautiful place to go with great onsen experience. Staff are very polite and look after me well while I was there. I enjoyed onsen and foot massage so much. Price is a bit high for local but for traveller, I have to say that you would not get anything like this. Place is nice and clean and great relaxation. I love it and will tell all my friends who are coming for holiday.

Visited July 2014
Mildura, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Treat yourself with affordable decadence”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Everything about this place is luxurious and although it may not be considered "cheap" for Thai standards, as an Australian I would never be able to experience this kind of pampering at home so I am really glad I spoiled myself a little here. You begin by choosing what you would like off the menu (I went the whole hog and got the scrub, massage and herbal compress) I was directed to the spa room to wash, receive my locker and kimono gown and to spend some time in the mineral pools. All of the facilities were of a fantastic standard and I felt like a roman princess. My therapist was divine and although English was hard for her she was welcoming and friendly and very professional. During the treatment I thought I almost could take any more pleasure, it was so enjoyable. Once finished there is an area where you can prepare yourself for the outside world again, with hairdryers, mirrors, hair ties etc. Such a delicious experience.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank 14Lexi14
Shanghai Region, China
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Very relaxing place in a busy city”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

We've been a couple of times and it's always a great place to go for a break from the buzz of Bangkok. Many families there - people with their children or elderly parents. Men and women have totally separate facilities and the staff will give you a lesson in onsen etiquette. (no swimsuits). Towels are provided.

They also have ice cold Asahi! The baths are hot - you will likely only be an hour max in the onset itself.

The massages are fantastic - but busy. Book ahead. The place is very large but popular.

Visited June 2014