“The trip was worth it”

Yunomori Onsen & Spa Bangkok
Ranked #23 of 432 Spas & Wellness in Bangkok
More attraction details
Owner description: Yunomori Japanese Onsen & Spa Bangkok Yunomori is the first authentic Japanese Onsen and Spa in Thailand, and it brings ancient Japanese Onsen bathing culture together with traditional Thai massage techniques to create a uniquely relaxing experience. Bathe in healing water sourced directly from the thermal springs of Wat Wangkanai. The temperatures and mineral content of these sacred waters detoxify and relax the body, making it supremely receptive to the holistic Thai massage skills of our Spa’s expert therapists. Yunomori is a retreat from the hectic nature of city life. Whether you need to escape for an hour or a day, our Onsen, Spa, Cafe, and Beauty Clinic will nurture you back to perfect health.
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“The trip was worth it”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

This new spa is huge and my first impression walking in, was that it was really clean and looked very professional. The staff were on hand to show us to the waiting area, kept our bags away and passed us each a form to fill up. The form indicates the strength of massage we preferred and the areas to focus on. My partner and I were shown to the couple room where we'd be having our massage. We had chosen the Aroma Massage which costs 900 baht for 90 mins. The bed was not as soft and comfortable as I'd hoped. The music was a tad too loud. The masseuse however, was amazing. Her strokes were firm and strong and I must say, I was very impressed. It was really good and not painful even though my whole body was aching from all the walking the past 2 days. And unlike Healthland, the masseuse did not ask for a tip. I am definitely coming back here on my next visit.

Visited February 2014

• Thai first
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“American with Body Issues Goes to Japanese Spa”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

So, I'll admit: I didn't know what an Onsen was. I met a guy earlier that day at lunch who was super cool and talked to me about this place that was down the street from my hotel. I was in Bangkok in Jan 2014 during the protests, and this night was a particularly bad one where it was ill-advised to go to places like Silom and Lumpini. So I stuck around Sukhumvit. My friend texted me and told me to arrive at 8pm at the Onsen.

First, it's NOT where Google Maps says it is. It's in a larger shopping center to the south of the intersection marked on Google Maps. But once I found it, the results were both hilarious and relaxing. I felt like the Accidental Tourist, entering and paying and yet still having no idea what to do/where to go/customs to follow. Eventually I ended up in the men's locker room (good thing), where nakedness was simply a state of being.

Being an American from the relatively uptight Northeast, it was a bit unnerving; but what is travel supposed to do but take you out of your comfort zone? I shirked my robes and proceeded to the actual bath-house, where I must admit - it was incredibly relaxing. The different pools and steam rooms really do help soak the stress away; and the social aspect (which, admittedly, is still a bit weird when everyone's "hanging" out), was enjoyable too.

I'd totally do it again, but probably only in Asia where there are less hangups about naked bodies. I could totally see doing this in Japan (where I've never been), but not so much in Washington, DC (where I currently live). But if you have an empty night - or need a chill night - in Bangkok, certainly check this place out.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Dannygdc
Chicago, Illinois, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Don't hesitate. Just go!”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

The onsen experience is unlike any spa-like activity I've done. I'm now making a habit of going once a week or every other. I used the opportunity to take time to reflect and cleanse my mind, body and spirit while bathing in the my natural state. At first, I was worried about being completely nude but after a few minutes, you remember what it was like not to care about being nude in front of others. I feel very safe when at the Onsen. You will see many Japanese business men and some with children. I didn't realize how normal it was. It renews my faith in humanity. You can tell the Japanese guys because they like to chat and they are very comfortable in their bodies of all shapes and sizes. If you don't have six pack abs, you won't be alone. For the experience, the price is worth every Satang. You can take a break in the shaded common area where you can drink an Asahi beer, read the papers provided, have a coffee or snack, smoke, or call your friend and tell them to join you next time. There is also a free tuk tuk service to and from BTS Phrom Pong in front of Emporium shopping center turnabout driveway on the West side of the building.

Visited October 2013
3 Thank lahrsawyer
Uga, Spain
89 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 394 helpful votes
“Relaxing”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I really enjoyed soaking in the soda spa. This place has the usual Japanese style Onsen facilities providing something a little different for those that are looking for a change to the standard Thai relaxing spa.
450 bht for the visit.
Food and beer are available for purchase.
Staff are excellent.

Recommended but only if you are comfortable with communal bathing, if your not go and learn how to be.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank whitepointer
Hong Kong, China
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Japanese Style Hot Spa in Bangkok”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Couldn't believe doing this in Thailand, as visiting an onsen (hot spa) is usually done in colder
Asian countries like Japan and Korea. It's quite relaxing if you don't mind walking around butt naked. They have separate male and female sections so if you go with a friend of the opposite sex, you expect some time apart. The restaurant and lounge areas are common for both sexes, though.

Visited September 2013