“Great located”
Review of The NooK Bangkok

The NooK Bangkok
Ranked #253 of 731 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Walking distance from metro and airport train. Nearly in the middle of the shopping district.
Room was very basic with a concrete floor. Window overlooked the roofs. Theese are disadvantages. Except of that everything was fine. Rooms cleaned every day. Fresh towels and complimentary drinking water. LCD on the wall with a Lotus Macau channel (151). Good films if you can't sleep at night :)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I only ended up being at the hotel for about 10 hours but those 10 hours were just fine. The owner is very nice and started off right before I even arrived. He emailed me to let me know how to contact him with my very late arrival and he also emailed me the address in Thai for the taxi driver.

Checkin
I arrived around 1am so the owner had to come down from his room to let me know to the hotel. He checked me in fast and walked me to my room on the fourth floor.

Room
The room is huge and very plain which I liked. Everything is a hard surface so I can imagine if you are loud everyone can hear you. My room had 2 beds, small fridge and Armour for clothes. I was pleasantly surprised there was a water and a few sodas in the fridge.

AC
It took a few minutes to cool the room but it worked and stayed cool.

Bed
I thought it was just fine and comfortable under the fluffy blanket. I had a single bed.

TV
The TV in the room is about a 19" TV or so with maybe 20 different channels of different languages.

Bathroom
Very good size bathroom and shower. I did not have a sewage odor coming from mine. No problem with hot water.

Breakfast
I really wish there was a menu of a few items because language was a barrier. I thought I ordered an egg and was given fried rice. The big downside of the breakfast is its in the courtyard that does have a very strong sewage smell. So its not very pleasant sitting there.

Internet
Great speed and free. I was able to use facetime to chat with my family back in the US and it was very quick.

Overall I don't think you can beat the rate for what you get. Very clean and breakfast is a great value. Its down an ally with enough shops close to get snacks and drinks. I would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Hotel is located in the center of Bangkok, as the name suggests very close to the Pratunam Market. The room we had was very spacious, which was a very good idea while you need some space to repack your bags or suitcases before the long journey. The size of the room in this hotel is for sure above the average in Bangkok. The AC worked very good, we had some problems with the Wi-Fi, but the menager quickly fixed it. The bathroom was enough big. It is true that you can feel unpleasant smell from the bathroom. We kept the door closed so it was not such a big problem. Breakfast was OK, nothing to complain. We got special card to open the doors after 23 pm, it was easy solution. Hotel is located just 2 minutes from the main road (7-eleven at the corner) so it's not far and rather quiet. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2013

This hotel does almost everything right.
The room itself is very comfortable and roomy,
The Bed is large and soft.
The shower has a strong current and is roomy, however the shower head does not properly accommodate tall people (I'm 1.94m)
Breakfast includes 3 options, but the waitress doesn't speak English, so find an alternate way to express what you want, otherwise you might get the wrong dish (we did).
The TV works with HDMI input for your laptop to watch movies if you like, or display photos.
Everything was clean and nice, Highly Recommended!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2013

In my eyes this hotel cannot be faulted. The owner who was originally from Belgium was more than helpful with worthwhile tips. The room was clean, the mattress was excellent and towels were changed every day. There was a choice of three menus for breakfast and although a bit strange for Europeans was good and adequate. TV had all the usual channels. Will recommend to all my friends.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 4 nights at the Nook. About 10 mins walk from Ratchathewi BTS. The bed was really comfortable! The room is spacious and clean. Friendly and helpful staff by the name of "Bird".

Breakfast was okay. Not much choice just fried rice, fried noodle, and toast with jam.

Book a taxi to dreamworld (theme park) through hotel, purchase ticket from the hotel for 800 Baht per person excluding go-cart rides.

The hotel is about 10 mins walk to Siam paragon. shortcut: just cross over the traffic and walk straight ahead along the same soi. About 5 mins to Platinum mall etc. Great location for shoppers!

Cons:
- stench coming from the toilet, probably due to the poor drainage. Hope the hotel could do something about it?
- No cable channel. :(

Overall, enjoyed my stay at the Nook, great location, helpful staff. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We chose the Nook Pratunam due to its central location in Bangkok.

While the room was clean, it constantly smelled faintly of sewage as the toilet seemed a little clogged (despite asking housekeeping & maintenance to take a look at it a couple of times.)

The staff, while friendly, also weren't best equipped to advise us on the best things to see in the area or how to get from anywhere interesting from the hotel.

Not great value for what was paid, but the central location was pretty sweet.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family