Mercure Bangkok Siam
Trip.com
$121
$77
2,372 results
All reviewsnational stadium btsprivilege loungeopposite mbkbts stationthe ground floorwalking distance to mbkexcellent locationaccor hotelsrooftop pooljim thompson housegreat view of the cityconvenient locationconvenience storeexecutive roomstayed for nightsupon checkcentral world
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 22, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
SimoneHMI2, General Manager at Mercure Bangkok Siam, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Good Value, great location, Small but very nice room and swimming pool, and helpful staff.
Walk 5 mins to MBK, Tokyo, Siam Center and Tesco Lotus. Walk 1 min to BTS National Stadium Station and 7-11.
I will come again for sure because you can't find the one better than Mercure Bangkok Siam.

1  Thank Thomas Y

Dear Thomas Y,
I was very happy to read that the Mercure Bangkok Siam is your first choice of accommodation when in Bangkok.
Thank you for the positive feedback and I hope that your next stay will be as enjoyable as your last one.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed in the “Privilege” rooms which were clean, fresh and nicely appointed, but at 25 square metres just a little too small for 2 persons in my opinion.

The pros:
1. The location is excellent with very easy access to the vast array of shops and dining options at MBK and Discovery.
2. The BTS is only a few metres away and there is also a 711 just outside the front door for those last-minute bits and pieces.
3. City-wide views are spectacular, especially from the rooftop pool area.
4. The pool area is very pleasant.
5. Access to the Privilege Lounge is well worth the extra tariff.

The cons:
1. The need to use 2 separate lifts to reach the upper floors is a nuisance, especially when you are laden with luggage.
2. I had pre-booked (and prepaid) for 2 rooms but we could not gain access to the 2nd room until around 4.20PM, after a wait of over 2 hours. There was no particular explanation forthcoming and frankly this was downright unsatisfactory.
3. The wifi is quite slow and subject to more dropouts than is usual in Bangkok.
4. My key card was deactivated TWICE in 24 hours (yet another minor inconvenience, but a nuisance nevertheless) for some inexplicable reason. This required me to make 2 trips to the reception desk to grumble and although the card was readily re-activated there was not a hint of apology or even an explanation.
5. On our date of departure we proceeded to the ground floor at the appointed time to hook up with our pre-booked transport. After a 35-40 minute wait it looked like our transport was not coming and I emailed the company asking for an explanation. At this point one of the bellman approached me to ascertain my name..... it then became clear that our car had been there all the time BUT the bellman had simply informed our driver that there was no record of me being a guest of the Mercure Siam. Luckily the driver cross-checked at his depot and was updated as to the situation. All in all it was an irritating, frustrating fiaisco and a poor conclusion to a so-so hotel experience.

Actually, I am at a loss as to why this hotel seems to be rating so well. While the staff members with who we came in contact were exceedingly and unfailingly pleasant, I have some concerns about the way they execute their duties.

A somewhat risible conclusion to this somewhat silly saga came yesterday when I received an email invitation to complete a survey about my recent stay at the Mercure Bangkok Siam. I followed the necessary link and unbelievably (though maybe not?) the survey was entirely in THAI.................

In conclusion, I probably won't be bothering to renew my Accor Advantage Plus membership when it falls due.

4  Thank brisbanepete001

Dear brisbanepete001,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your recent stay with us and I was shocked to read that you incurred so many problems during your stay and please allow me to apologise.
I have sent all your feedback to our whole team in order that we can improve in these areas and I again apologise for any inconvenience this caused you and your family during your stay.
I will investigate how come you were sent the Guest Satisfaction Survey in Thai, as I have not heard of this happening before.
I understand your frustrations, however I do hope that the experience in one hotel does not impact your decision on whether to remain an Accor Advantage Plus member with all our other great Accor hotels available for your benefits.
Again, thank you for submitting your feedback and I hope that we can continue to welcome you back to our Accor hotels in the future.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

The hotel location is really the main asset of this hotel. Close to all the shopping malls. The check in was smooth and the only thing that could have been better would have been to inform us about the key card in the lift. Room was great. Well designed, practical and clean. Confortable bed. I really liked the shower. We had the room service on the night of our arrival and it was good value/quality. The only big inconvenience that we faced is that none of the taxi driver that we had, knew about the hotel. Maybe bad luck. It was especially difficult when we came from the airport as even thought we tried to call the hotel (phone number from their website) we end up with the Accor Reservation Center and no one answer. So it is impossible to contact the hotel directly. The internet connection (free) isn't very fast. Anyway, happy stay and will be back if we have the opportunity.

Room Tip: The rooms starts on the18 floor so you are sure to get a nice view over the city.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nico0013fr
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I booked this hotel because I have Le Club Accor Platinum Status, however when I arrived at check-in I was informed that they do not HONOR ANY of the accommodations. The front desk said that because I booked through a 3rd party website, they would not honor anything--not even late checkout. I choose to pay an extra $20/day to stay at this hotel assuming the benefits of Accor Le Club Platinum would get me an availability based upgrade or at least lounge access

I am Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, and some status with Best Western. I must say that Accor Le Club status means NOTHING in terms of value added amenities for frequent guests.

This hotel is PACKED full of CHINESE AND INDIAN tour groups. There are only 2 elevators, that go up to the 9th floor check-in. Also the Internet is poor and you cannot Skype. When I informed the front desk, they blamed my computer (I work in IT).

Stay staying at Erawan's other properties that are more properly managed by Marriott or Hyatt for a better experience.

The Pillows and Bed were of good quality tho. However the shower spray is unconventional. My wife hated it--I liked it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
9  Thank mattfs218
SimoneHMI2, General Manager at Mercure Bangkok Siam, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear mattfs218,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and very sorry that you were not satisfied with the facilities offered to you during your stay with us.
We do value our all our Le Club members and especially Platinum card holders, however to earn the points through the program the reservation should be booked via the Accor distribution channels as stated on the website.
Platinum members do receive certain privileges and are entitled to complimentary upgrades in Sofitel, Pullman and MGallery hotels subject to availability.
I am sorry that we were not able to accommodate your request on this occasion as it was the weekend and we are fully booked.
At the time of your stay we do not have any groups staying in the hotel and we do appreciate all our guests from many countries staying with us.
I am happy to read that you enjoy staying at some of our other Erawan hotels and hope that we can welcome you back to the Mercure Bangkok again soon.