“Beautiful, modern. And so close to MBK”

Mercure Bangkok Siam
Ranked #97 of 880 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We checked In after a long flight from a, the check in was easy and the staff are very efficient. We stayed on the 27th floor, our room was beautiful. The bed was so comfy and all the rooms amenities were very modern and lovely.
Ill edge location as I could leave hubby at the hotel whilst I ventured to mbk shopping centre and WOW it is amazing. It takes around 4 minutes to walk there.. It's a must do.
We were only in bangkok a short time but I would totally stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
SimoneHMI2, General Manager at Mercure Bangkok Siam, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear ameliaroche,
Thank you for your 5 star review regarding your recent stay at the Mercure Bangkok Siam.
It is always a pleasure to read when our guests have such an enjoyable stay with us and I am happy that you managed to find the time to do some shopping across the road at MBK mall.
I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Bangkok.
Simone Hansen
General Manager- Mercure and ibis Bangkok Siam

There are newer reviews for Mercure Bangkok Siam

Reviewed July 26, 2013

This is a standard 3 stars hotel with good location. Hotel next to BTS National stadium, very convenience. Tiny hotel with everything available inside your room, clean and tidy. If you looking for a good location hotel around Bangkok city, this is the one in regardless to its facility and quality.

Dear Chan W,
Thank you for taking the time post your review regarding your recent stay with us and I am happy to read that you found the hotel very convenient for your stay in Bangkok.
The opinion of our guests is important to us and we will continue to strive to improve the service and facilities.
I hope that we can welcome you back again soon.
Simone Hansen
General Manager- Mercure and ibis Bangkok Siam

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights with a package deal that includes breakfast, one free SIM card and free daily BTS train passes for two persons. Great value for money! It's location is especially appreciated as it is barely one minute walk from the National Stadium train station. With the train pass, walking to MBK and Siam station is also a breeze as it is very convenient by the sky walkway (bridge connecting all the major shopping malls in Siam. Hotel room is clean and new since it is newly renovated. Staff is well trained and friendly. The only negative comment I have is on the breakfast selection as the dishes were exactly the same throughout the three days. Will be great if the breakfast can be improved. Other than that, no complaints and I will definitely come back again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Sebastien S, Manager at Mercure Bangkok Siam, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Dear Riding0npegasus,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Mercure Bangkok Siam.

I am pleased to hear that you love our location and enjoyed our room and service. I am sorry that you did not find the breakfast as satisfying. We always try to improve our standards and quality and we will take your feedback on our meeting with Food and Beverage department.

We hope to have the pleasure of your return visit very soon!

Sebastien Salmon
Executive Assistant Manager - Mercure and ibis Bangkok Siam Hotels

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Chose this hotel due to its location and it is very new.
Everything in room is clean and new. The
Location is awesome as it basically right infront of BTS National Stadium station.
And it is really near to all famous shopping mail like Siam discovery, Siam center, Siam paragon, Mbk.
Avoid taking taxi back to hotel If possible as traffic here is horrible at most hour.
Not much choice of food surrounding especially breakfast.
Service is good and staff are friendly. they even placed a birthday cake & card in the room on my bf birthday. Feel so warm with such a small surprise

Reviewed July 22, 2013

If your in Bangkok to shop then this is the hotel for you. Directly opposite MBK and alongside Discovery Siam (high end shopping). Food Halls in the MBK were fantastic with the tepinaki just divine. Walk out the front door of the hotel and upstairs to the sky rail which will take you the the weekend Markets. Jim Thompson's house is the first street to the right and worth the visit. (expensive to buy scarves but a good look at a Thai house). Courtesy carts pick up at the end of the street and take you / bring back every 15 minutes although it is only a 10 minute walk. Hotel itself wonderful beds... especially for a new hotel. Room lovely new and clean couldnt fault it. Nothing in the form of mini bar in the fridge but a deli eitherside of the hotel to buy your drink of choice. Service good - nothing too much trouble. Breakfast yum. Varied each day and lots of choice and from 6-10am. The Soya milk was the real mcoy. Would I stay again... definitely! and we are all going to buy the thick mattress covers which made the bed a lovely sleep. Oh and plenty of pillow choices / thickness to choose from. Need to bring your own clothing line as no where to hang and inhouse laundry takes 2 days. Didnt use spa - great food massage place to the right of hotel on same street. Always busy.

Room Tip: Were supposed to have Delux room but both floors closed as new hotel. Ended up with a standard as n...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The hotel is situated at convenient location near BTS Station. Several shopping malls are nearby. Friendly and pleasant hotel staff. Good experience in our stay. Concierge staff are very helpful and provided useful information for your destination such as how much for taxi fee. Of course, they will arrange a taxi for you outside the hotel. Most important, the taxi driver charge your taxi fare according to meter not agreed payment.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is the 2nd time that I have submitted the review as I have corrected some typos and added some details about wifi problem.

I stayed in room 2308 of the hotel for 2 nights on 16-18/7/2013. I have just checked out and am now on the Airport Rail.

The location of the hotel is excellent. It is right next to the National Stadium skytrain station and opposite to MBK. Major shopping area is accessible by bridge.

At check-in, a letter personally signed by the general manger was handed to me, saying the property is still very new and he apologizes in advance for any imperfections that may expect.

The room is clean, new and comfortable. You can literally smell the new paint at the lobby. However, as mentioned in previews before, residual paint is still found on the window. (I got a room with large window on 23/F).

For toiletries, there are only shower gel, shampoo, body lotion, toothpaste/toothbrush, and shower cap. It is disappointing I have to bring my own ear buds and shaver. There are no slippers in the room as well!! Rather disappointing for a 4-star hotel but these are minor problems.

Glitch was also found at the shower door. It couldn't be completely closed during shower. Water won't spill as it is really a tiny gap and the mist shower is really soft and comfortable.

I also found no information for room service and TV. For the TV, there are about 100 stations to choose with. However there is no TV guide. You gotta switch 100 stations from bottom to top to see what the TV is offering.

For the room service menu, I thought mine was missing. After calling the front desk, someone brought the menu to my room but he couldn't leave it to me as there is only ONE menu available at his disposal. I couldn't believe this.

Having ordered 2 bottled beer from the room service, he couldn't leave me a bottle opener as he, again, had only ONE opener. Amazing!!

There is no wired LAN access in-room. The hotel is equipped with unencrypted wifi access throughout the property. I could see 2 Cisco routers on the ceiling in front of the doors of my adjacent rooms. I have a fair quality access to the wifi in the toilet (near the corridor) while at the far end of the big window, the connection was very weak and unstable. Sometimes I have to use my own 3G internet access. I used to bring my own pocket router for stable and encrypted wifi access in hotels. I bought it with me as usual but found it of no use in this hotel.

For other food I ordered, the medium rare Australian tenderloin turned out well well done. Though it was still ok but they ruined a great piece.

On the first morning, I found the anti-theft lock had moved when I woke up. To my astonishment, do not disturb sign was hung on the door and a hotel staff could try to open my door??? (Key card is used for the door and I am sure it is hotel staff) It pretty freaked me out.

It was generally a pleasant stay I must say. The hotel staff speaks good English. They were sincere and friendly!

For the downside, it is no wonder why the GM has to give out personally signed letters to customers at check-in.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo