“Great location for shopping!”

Mercure Bangkok Siam
Ranked #101 of 863 Hotels in Bangkok
Montreal, Canada
“Great location for shopping!”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for our last day in Bangkok before leaving the country. It is located in the heart of Siam Square. Brand new hotel, very clean with a very comfortable bed. Beautiful rooftop bar.
It's the perfect location if you want to shop, as all the largest shopping malls are just a few minutes walk away.I would recommend it and go back without hesitation.
There is also a pool.
We paid about 75 US dollars.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Claumax8
SimoneMI2, General Manager at Mercure Bangkok Siam, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Claumax8,
Thank you for your 5 star review of our new Mercure Bangkok Siam.
I am happy to read that you had a chance to experience our fantastic roof top bar and swimming pool.
We appreciate your comments and recommendation of our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Bangkok.
General Manager - Mercure and ibis Bangkok Siam Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Stayed for 3nights got upgraded to privilege room as accors platinum member.

Toilettes are not refilled,there's even used toothbrush in the toilet.

Coffee machine without any coffee pods, asked for refill they told me "No have" .

No breakfast/lounge access even for platinum member.

The only plus point is the location,doesn't worth the price.

3 Thank lemontree999
SimoneMI2, General Manager at Mercure Bangkok Siam, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear lemontree999,
I was very upset to read your posting about your recent stay with us and please allow me to apologise.
I will most definitely check in detail the issues that you raise. As a Platinum member we do upgrade our guests where we can, however I am sorry that the room amenities were not replenished.
This is not the service that we aspire to give to our guests and we will make some improvements in order to not allow this to happen again.
I hope that we can welcome you back at a later date to show you how we listen to our guests and improve our services.
Hong Kong
Reviewed June 20, 2013

A newly renovated hotel with comfortable, stylishly-designed rooms in a very convenient location (just next to the National Stadium BTS Station). The necessities are included and the hotel is perfect for couples traveling alone, with more members or even with kids. I was very glad that coffee capsules were provided because of being a member which was really out of my expectation, and that free internet service was available even inside the rooms. Staff were nice, efficient, and extremely helpful. Since I was in a group of 4, I was very glad that the two rooms (one with queen and one with double beds) were arranged next to each other and separated by doors - this allows for our easy communications and interactions. The overall experience was extremely good and really out of my expectation considering the nice rate of the rooms. Highly recommended.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

2 Thank AnnLauHongKong
Dear AnnLauHongKong,
Thank you for your recommendation after your recent stay at the Mercure Bangkok Siam.
I am very happy to read that the hotel and staff exceeded your expectations and I look forward to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to Bangkok.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Stayed here for 3N over a weekend in June, booked 2 rooms, which they had given connecting rooms.

What's Good
1) Great location! Just in front of National Stadium BTS, and 5-10 mins walk from MBK.
2) Clean rooms and nice design, as it is still new, just a few months old. Basic toiletries, hair dryer and also ironing equipment.
3) Green Hotel. They stick to their green commitment by not changing the towels we hung up. Unlike some hotels, the staff change them even if you follow their green instructions.
4) Recep and bellhop staff are polite, and generally helpful.
5) Free WiFi! Especially useful given that these days we have smartphones and tablets. Although the signal can be quite weak.
6) 1 Complimentary drinks for each of us at the hotel bar or restaurant. Nice gesture.

What's Not So Good
1) We booked 2 rooms, indicating 1 room for 2 adults and the other 2 adults + 1 child. Strangely they gave the 2+1 room a twin-bed (2 separate bed) setup plus the sofa as a bed for the child; and the room was a double bed (queen size). In the end, my family had to swapped room with my In-laws, as we wanted our child to sleep with us on the bed. I appreciate that they had made the bed for the child, but to give 2 separate bed for a couple is just weird. Maybe we should have requested to have both double bed next time. Or the hotel could have checked with us.
2) Lighting in the room does not light up the whole room enough. The lights only cover the room entrance, bed and small table area. And we can't leave the entrance light on (for our kid), as it is linked with the bed lights.
3) The complimentary water are in glass bottles (which I understand are part of their green commitment), but it can be dangerous for those travelling with kids. We also cannot bring it out, since it will be heavy and you cannot re-seal the bottle (non-screw cap type).
4) Room keeping standards differ. As we had booked 2 rooms, 1 room had the complimentary coffee and tea refilled, while the other wasn't.
5) Toilet door cannot be locked, which seem to be the design for the newer hotels these days, but it is just not for everyone. And there is a wooden sliding door that separate the shower from the room, but it is OUTSIDE the toilet, so anyone can slide the door while you are showering, and you cannot do anything. This again is especially unfriendly when we have child travelling together. At least my last stay at Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom, the blind is inside the toilet.
6) Buffet breakfast variety is kind of limited, which I would expect better for a 4 star hotel.
7) The Land of Smiles seem to be absent in The Eight restaurant where we had our breakfast. Don't see much smile from the wait staff, and some do not even acknowledge when call upon, though the request was fulfilled. On the 2nd morning, my wife had to take the baby child by herself while a wait staff was standing there looking at her, no offer of assistance. I probably only see 2 wait staff on separate days who are cheery and smiley.
8) I used the gym on the Sunday morning. Though the stated operating time was from 6am, I reached there between 6.45-7am; and the air con and all the exercise machines weren't switched on. I had to switch on the air con and started my exercise in a warm room, as the sun was shinning in from outside the glass walls. And when I wanted to use the treadmill, I had to figure out where was the On/Off switch (no instructions stated). The gym provides free weight, instead of those exercise machine, which I attribute to the small size it occupies. While there are provision of exercise towels, there are no pigeon hole or lockers for guest to store their stuff (like key card or mobile phone) while exercising. I can only place it on the small table just beside the entrance, and I was lucky that I was the only person then, because while using the treadmill, one would not be able to see the table, unless you turn your head and that would be unsafe. And the apparent used towel bin became a dustbin, I didn't know where to leave the towel, except on the ground beside the bin. They need to have 2 bins in this case.
9) Not a good spot to take taxi during peak hour, as jam forms on the road just in front of the hotel. And it seems like most taxi drivers know it as Ibis Siam (because both are in 1 building) more than Mercure Bangkok Siam.

OVERALL
I still think this is a good hotel to stay, given it's location, cleanliness, and generally polite and helpful staff. And it's decent price for being in Bangkok shopping belt.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank WMLee
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Very good location. The BTS National Stadium station is just in front of the entrance. A few minutes to go to the popular shopping area.

Good for value.

Upgraded to executed suit. There's a coffee machine in the room but no coffee capsule. Asked the staff twice finally got re-fill after 2 hours.

Tried the buffet lunch. The quality and choice of food is not that good. There're flies in the salad bar. Though the service is good. Better try the food just on the street outside.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

2 Thank cygnuslenug
Dear cygnuslenug,
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay with us.
I am sorry that there was a misunderstanding about the coffee pod refills and we are continuing to work with our pest control company to reduce the flies in and around the hotel.
Again, thank you for sharing and I hope that we can welcome you back to our hotel again.
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Very unfriendly reception staffs, Bell service ok but too busy and cost delay.
Food quality not good, replacement for empty dishes very slow for breakfast.
Not worth the price they charge for the room, breakfast and lunch. (even I was booked with special discount or 50%)
Definitely will not stay in this hotel again, rather pay a bit more at the Novotel Siam.

2 Thank shiuchng
SimoneMI2, General Manager at Mercure Bangkok Siam, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear shiuchng,
Thank you for your review and I am very sorry that our hotel and service did not match your expectations and please allow me to offer my apologies.
We will definitely take on board your comments in order to improve our services and thank you for bringing these points to my attention.
I hope that you will remain a loyal member and return to one of our Accor hotels on your next visit to Bangkok.
Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Though it is a smaller room, but the good location make up its weak areas since it is opposite MBK and within walking to National Stadium BTS, Also, it is just 10 to 15 minutes walk to Siam Square, Siam Discovery and Siam Paragon. The only issue i have is the pillow is not nice to sleep on.

Didn't try on the breakfast buffet since it did not come with the hotel booking, but there is nearby shop selling food and very good coffee which I went there for breakfast everyday.

Overall, it is a value for money hotel since it is located at the prime area.

1 Thank Ailan_12_13