Mercure Bangkok Siam
  • Restaurant
Happy 3(Bangkok)
  • Pool
2,371 results
All reviewsnational stadium btsprivilege loungeopposite mbkbts stationthe ground floorwalking distance to mbkexcellent locationaccor hotelsrooftop pooljim thompson housegreat view of the cityconvenient locationconvenience storeexecutive roomstayed for nightsupon checkcentral world
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Service was tested on my 2nd stay with this hotel with 3 other friends, having a little celebration , we decided to pop a bottle of champagne before heading out for dinner . We rang for the service, surprised to hear they only got 2 champagne flutes in the whole hotel, both were unclean when sent up. They also charges for the bucket of ice, which i find a little ridiculous for a 4 star hotel.

I am staying at Mercure Siam , which is double the price of the Ibis Siam which is at the lower levels of the building. I hope this hotel can differentiate the 2.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kovit
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Room is clean and well equipped. We have a good view of the city from 22nd floor room. The BRT station is right in front of the hotel, malls and street market is in walking distance.
The staff is very friendly and helpful.
I think the hotel should add some more English TV channel and movies.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Stayed there for 1 night, after stayed for 2 nights at Ibis Bangkok Siam.
Those 2 hotels are located at the same building, right in the center of Bangkok's major shopping district.
It seems that The Mercure is newer (open later) compare to its sister's Ibis Hotel.
It has all the Mercure's standards. The room was nice, bed was comfortable, bathroom was also good.
We got a room with city view, facing MBK, Siam Discovery and Siam Paragon. Great view at night.
The hotel also has a roof top swimming pool (even not so big) with vibrant view of Bangkok city.
The food for the breakfast is also nice. A lot of selection compare to the one at Ibis (yes, you pay what you get)
Staff are friendly and helpful.
If combination of location and 4* service are something that you're looking for, then this hotel is a right choice.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Check in was breezy, but I had to wait for about 2 hours to get my room. Was about 4pm by the time we go into the room. Totally ruined my shopping plan. Needed to clean up my toddler soiled diaper, so we had no choice but to wait. Welcome drink was good thou. We had lunch at Eight. Food is good. Server is so attentive, bought my boy a children set cutlery and plate. Also a box of color pencil and a kid's menu for him to scribble.
Overall stay is enjoyable. The said renovation did not affect us in any way.
Location is superb! Just walk out to the BTS station. To get to the Skywalk, just turn left and walk until you reach the art center. That staircase will lead you to Siam Discovery and it will link you beautifully to all other shopping malls. 5 minutes walk to MBK. Only complain is the nearest 7-11 is too tiny.
Bed is comfy with 4 fluffy pillows.. TV is great with over 50 channels to surf. Wifi connection is fast enough for us to post some pictures and surf net on smartphone. Love the daybed.
Tour counter is available too. We booked a Safari tour. The guide is very good.
Must try : street food! There is this lady who sells toast with butter and sugar. Toasted over charcoal! Yums! Very cheap too. We have it every morning.
Only I wasn't very happy with the late check out request. I was checking it over the counter the night before. But the guy on duty refused to negotiate. He even ignored me after a while. The next day about 10am, before going out, I called the Font Desk again. I was told we can extend until 1pm. So we went out and rush back around 12 to pack and shower etc. At 1pm, Front Desk called and said room is extended until 4pm. :( We could have just stayed at Terminal 21 until 3pm instead of rushing both ways and paying more for the BTS ride.

Side note : I did email again (I did request for late check out already about 2 weeks before my arrival, as I have evening flight), to the person who dealt with me earlier. Only to receive reply at 7pm, on day I check out. Citing they got my email late. I sent the email at about 11pm, the night after the guy at Front desk ignored me. But anyhow, at least there is a reply to my email. But too bad they missed my birthday cake.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
SimoneMI2, General Manager at Mercure Bangkok Siam, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear shannen518,
Thank you for your 5 star review of the hotel, but I am very sorry that you were delayed in getting access to your room, especially with a little one.
I apologise for the miscommunication regarding the late checkout as we do try to accommodate these requests when possible.
Sorry for missing your birthday as well, as usually we do celebrate all our guest's in house birthdays.
I would like to follow up in more detail your comments so if you would be so kind as to email me your date of stay and room number I will check with the team what happened so that we can improve our services.
Simone.HANSEN@accor.com
Thank you again for your positive and construction feedback, it is with comments such as yours that we know the areas that we need to improve.
I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel soon.
Kind regards,
Simone Hansen
General Manager - Mercure and ibis Bangkok Siam Hotels

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Hotel's location is very good and very convenience for shopping. The hotel still new so
there is still painting smell in elevator. I booked with Executive Suite room and in description explained that I can access to executive club but I found that Executive club not yet open for guests. Staff not mentioned on this when I checked in and there is no any complimentary for executive club benefit.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Dear Arambros,
Thank you for your review and I am sorry that at the time you stayed with us in April our Executive Lounge was not open. We have provided additional items to compensate for our guests and I apologise if this was not done for you in this case.
Our Privilege Lounge is now fully opened and I hope that we can welcome you back to try the full services.

Kind regards,