ibis Bangkok Siam Hotel
Ranked #153 of 890 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Totally enjoyed the stay at the ibis Bangkok Siam. The hotel is almost next to the National Stadium BTS and you don't need the cab if you are travelling light. The airport has a city train connection to Phaya Thai station...and from there, you can change to the BTS train direct to the hotel doorstep.

The front desk staff told me the hotel was opened in Dec 2012. I like the staff casual T-shirt attire and their friendly check-in process...so different from the fake smile & stiff upper-lip type of 4 and 5-star hotels.

The front desk staff gave me a room on the 15th floor with nice view of the sport stadium & MBK shopping centre opposite.

I was there on business trip but purposely choose this hotel to be away from the biz people & convention crowd. 3 thumbs up for ibis Bangkok Siam!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
SimoneMI2, General Manager at ibis Bangkok Siam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Dear BBlops,
Thank you for your 5 star review regarding your recent stay at the ibis Bangkok Siam. I am very happy to read that you had such a great stay and enjoyed the friendly staff and great view from your room.
I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel soon.
General Manager - Mercure and ibis Bangkok Siam Hotels

Write a ReviewReviews (1,553)

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Walking distance to MBK and the train station. The room and bathroom is clean; although slightly small. They provide free wifi but it keeps logging off on its own. However, the signal strength is pretty acceptable.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Syafiah J
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Choose this hotel for its location and Wifi. Wifi was not working in our room and in the lobby. When we asked for help we were told to go to an internet cafe ....Very bad smell in the looby of Ibis....apparently recurrent issue as per the other comments...Front Office staff very rude and it is clear that this hotel needs a Manager in charge and a happy team to serve the guests .We tried to use the Wifi in the lobby of the Mercure but the Bell staff told us that its not working and that it is a recurrent problem.Will never visit here again ...Try the hostel next door with WI Fi and very helpfull and charming staff ( On your right hand when going out of the Ibis and just next to the BTS staircase... )

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
SimoneMI2, General Manager at ibis Bangkok Siam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Dear philfrancleslie,
I am very sorry to hear that you did not have an enjoyable stay with us and I sincerely apologise.
Our staff are usually helpful and friendly and yes we have had some problems with our Wi-Fi from time to time that we are always continuing to try to improve, even now we increased our bandwidth to help with the connections.
Again, my apologies and I will share your comments with our team in order that we can continue to improve our standard of service and facilities.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I booked a 3 night stay at IBIS Bangkok Siam via Agoda.com as I was told that this hotel was recently opened in December 2012. This hotel is reachable via the National Stadium BTS - just make a switch from Siam Station which is just about 2 stops from Phaya Thai if you're taking the Airport Link from Suvarnabhumi Airport. Therefore, if you'd like to do a great deal of shopping at MBK - I'd think that this would definitely be the most ideal location as MBK is just steps away - well, it's actually on the opposite side of the hotel! From here - it's also very convenient to take a slow stroll down to Siam Discovery Centre, Siam Square, Siam Paragon and even Central World. Actually, I've done a lot of mileages thru walking throughout my 4 days' stay in Bangkok!

Now, on the hotel room - it was relatively small but it was sufficient for me as I was traveling alone! The shower area though has a little problem as it's in the "shape of a diamond" and stretching yourself fully is not quite possible if you're on the bigger side. Wifi password was given during check-in so that was good although it's lagging at times. Breakfast is fairly OK just to fill the tummy for the start of the day. However, the only thing that bothers me was the bad noise isolation - it was really bad especially at night when some of the guests came back late and the doors got slammed really hard or else, I could hear the running of water - someone is showering late at night?!

Overall, I'd recommend this hotel for its location and clean room.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the lift lobby
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank singledigit
SimoneMI2, General Manager at ibis Bangkok Siam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear singledigit,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your recent stay with us as it is always great to receive such positive feedback about our new hotel.
I am sorry that the noise caused you some disruption during your stay and we continue to look at ways that we can reduce this.
Again, thank you for sharing and I hope that we can welcome you back to the ibis Bangkok Siam on your next trip to Thailand.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Like most of the reviews this hotel is located in a great spot. You can walk to a lot of places and its also easy to grab a cab. The hotel was very clean and the staff were very helpful, especially the ones assisting to get you a cab.

The rooms are small, so it's good for short stays in Bangkok.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

I stay 1 night in this hotel, the location is very strategic, i like to stay in this hotel very much. it is new, the furniture is modern, the bath room has the best shower. but during my stay i found many ants in the tables, also i found the water boiler (electric kettle) was full with water before i use it. i think may be they don't clean it properly. but when i travel to bangkok again, i will still stay in this hotel because of the location and the comfort.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
SimoneMI2, General Manager at ibis Bangkok Siam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Dear Sudjana,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us.
I am sorry that you had some problems in the room and I will be sure to brief the housekeeping team to ensure that the water is drained from the kettle each time.
I am glad that overall you enjoyed your stay and look forward to you returning on your next visit to Bangkok.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Location.....location,,,,,location.....This is one of the best hotels to stay in BKK for shopping as the major shopping malls are within walking distance from the hotel ( Siam Centre, Siam Square,Paragon,Central World to name a few).For food lovers there are many famous eateries in these shopping malls too .The hotel is very convenient for guests to travel on the BTS rail line to other parts of the city as the hotel is located next to the National Stadium Station. There is a 7 / 11 store located next to the hotel. The layout in the room is typical of Ibis hotels worldwide...compact but functional. Wifi is free. The spread for the breakfast spread is average. As the hotel has just started operations a few months ago,the beddings and furniture are still new. Service in Ibis hotels are usually good but I would rate the service provided by the front desk staff as excellent.They are young but full of enthusiasm to serve hotel guests. This hotel is good value for money and I would stay in this hotel again when I am in the mood for a shopping spree.

Dear chan_pup,
Thank you for your 5 star review and it is so positive for the team to receive such comments about the hotel and the staff.
I hope that you can come and visit us again soon.