“Superb Location, but...” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #159 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Jakarta
“Superb Location, but...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Like any other reviews, this hotel's location is superb. BTS National Stadium, Siam Discovery, MBK, Siam Center, Siam Paragon are all within walking distance. Not to mention a new 7/11 next door has just opened.

Room is packed as any other Ibis hotel. The bathroom is very cramped, even for an Asian like me.

Do make sure your room preference when you check in. I booked a twin bed on Accor's website, but somehow I got a double bed. I complained but they said the twin-bed room are all full and only available the next day. This is pretty funny since I booked a twin-bed room directly from Accor's website (3 months in advance!) and I checked in at 11 am that day. But it was too much of a hassle to move to another room again the next day, so I have no other option but to accept whatever is available.

When you leave the room, do check again if the door is properly locked. Mine's somehow couldn't be locked (good thing we checked!), and so we called operator and wait for it to be fixed (it took some time and involved a lot of door-banging). This shouldn't happen to a new hotel, it's only 3 months old anyway. And i don't want to think about what might happen if we didn't notice it.

Overall it is acceptable but you have to double check a lot of things.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ubimerah
SimoneMI2, General Manager at Ibis Bangkok Siam, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Dear ubrmerah,
Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay at the ibis Bangkok Siam.
I am sorry to hear that we were not able to provide you with the room type that you requested.
We are always trying to improve our services and facilities in the hotel, and we have noted from yours and other guest comments regarding the wifi and smell. We are on process to correct these items, however the door not locking is certainly a problem. I would be grateful that if you read this reply if you can forward me the room number to me so that I can ensure that this was followed up by our maintenance team. My email is Simone.Hansen@accor.com

Again, thank you for sharing and we do hope that we can welcome you back to the ibis Bangkok Siam at a later time.
General Manager - Mercure and ibis Bangkok Siam Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Europe
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

perfect stay for a low profile accomodation. great bed, great location. all you need for a clean and safe and budget friendly stay. internet can be slow and the rooms are not very sound proofed - but all over. great place for a city trip. stay again for sure

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

2 Thank rsflyer
SimoneMI2, General Manager at Ibis Bangkok Siam, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear rsflyer,
Thank you for sharing your positive feedback about your recent stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Bangkok.
Tauranga, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

The staff were helpful and cordial, although there seemed to be a lack of internal communication: I had arranged a late check-out the day before and on the day of check-out received two calls asking when I was planning to go...
Also, while waiting outside for a sight seeing bus, a big rat ran across the seating area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

2 Thank petmat65
Dear petmat65,
Thank you for your positive comments regarding our location.
However I am sorry to hear about the communication issue regarding your late departure. I will be sure to pass on your feedback to the Front Office team for improvement.
Regarding the rat, I apologise for this as we do not usually have any problems, I have informed our pest control management company to check and address the issue.

I hope that we can welcome you back to the ibis Siam on your next trip to Bangkok.
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

Checking In:
1) Fast and efficient.
2) Managed to give us 3 rooms beside each other

Room:
1) Clean and brightly lit. Laminate flooring which is good as it is less dusty as compared to carpetted flooring.
2) Small bathroom with minimum amenities, only shower cap and soup dispenser. Dental kit is available upon request
3) Small cupboard but still manageable since there was only 2 of us in the room.
4) 2 bottles of drinking water and coffee making facilities available
5) Though wall may not be sound proof (noise could be heard from next room), it poses no hindrance to us
5) We like the high beds in Ibis Siam and it was very comfortable.

Room Service:
1) There is no in room dining menu.
2) If you want ice, it is chargeable at 20 baht per bucket.

Location:
1) Very convenient. Like what other reviewers has said, NATIONAL STADIUM station is directly outside the hotel.
2) Within walking distance to MBK, Siam Square, Siam Paragon. We have even tried walking to Platinum Mall which took us about 20 mins. By the way, we went to Bo Boe market at 4am from the hotel via tuk-tuk, its about 60 baht. You can take taxi and it will be cheaper due to the close proximity. Bo Bae market is worth a visit!
3) Do try out the food stalls outside the hotel. We simply love the iced milk tea.

Last but not least, there is a bellman worth mentioning. He is Mr Vitthaya L.
He was very helpful and took the extra mile in making our stay in Ibis Siam a memorable one.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kayeriser
Dear Kayeriser,
Thank you for your great feedback about your recent stay with us and the good tips for things to see and do around the hotel.
I am sorry to hear that you had a couple of hiccups during your stay and I will discuss the ice request with our team.
We will be sure to pass on your feedback to Khun Vitthaya and recognise his Excellent Service with our reward program.
I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel soon.
Mumbai
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

The best part of this hotel is the proximity to National Stadium BTS station, you have the access to the whole city easily coz of it. The rooms are compact but relevant for a business traveller like me who would be out most of the time, sound proofing needs to be improved as you tend to hear doors opening & closing of other rooms & may be many more sound sometimes. I stayed for 4 nights, on the last night while pulling the curtain down to close, curtain fell down completely but as I was tired I ignored it, at around 0630 HRS the room became too bright & finally I couldn't get sleep anymore, I complained to the reception & they sent 2 technicians who tried fixing it up for 45 minutes but it didnt work so I finally told them to leave as I had to pack & check out, the curtain set up needs to be improved as it dint seems to have been fixed properly & feels too fragile, over all it was a good & satisfactory stay and I would definitely recommend for a business traveller...

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank TraceGrace
SimoneMI2, General Manager at Ibis Bangkok Siam, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear TraceGrace,
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us.
I am sorry to hear that you had an issue with the blind in the room. This matter was reported to management the following morning and we repaired this immediately, however I aplogise that we were unable to fix it for you when it occurred.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the ibis Siam on your next business trip to Bangkok.
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

The location of the hotel is very convienent right next to BTS National Stadium and opposite MBK. Some side stalls along the way.
Not sure about the breakfast as i have booked for room only. However, the breakfast is served right next to the reception and it's very opened where everyone walked passed could see guests having tehir breakfast. You coudl hear the next door TV and talking. The toiletries are very basic.
My only displeasure is a foul smell as you step into the lobby reception area. It is the same strange smell of a dead rat which I reviewed during my stay in Ibis Paris gare de L'est 10eme.
Overall a clean hotel and the room is not exactly that small but the size of the toilet bath will a challenge to bigger built guest.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank zippysin
Dear zippysin,
Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay with us in February.
As some previous comments we do have some limitations for breakfast space for the ibis, however if our guests prefer they can choose a more private breakfast at the Mercure restaurant on the 8th floor and the breakfast price is 350THB ++ per person.
We have also received and are aware that sometimes we have an unpleasant smell in the lobby and we have been checking all areas of the hotel to ensure that this is fixed.
I hope that we get the chance to welcome you back to the ibis Bangkok Siam on a future stay.
Hong Kong
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

good location and hotel is very new as it was just opened last Dec. Room size is small but if you're out and about Bangkok all day you only need a clean and decent room to sleep at night. we just booked the room only from booking.com so didn't get a chance to try their breakfast. The hotel is very close to National stadium station and MBK , 5 mins walk to Siam.

One thing to mention is that occasionally the hotel lobby had some sewage smell so its kind of unpleasant

Also they don't provide toothbrush and slippers , Bring your own !!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple