“The best option before and after MBK”

ibis Bangkok Siam Hotel
Ranked #156 of 868 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore, Singapore
“The best option before and after MBK”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Definitely excellent location when you want to shop till death at MBK.
Easy access to National Stadium.
Very close to that jewel of Jim Thompson house.
Breakfast is better at Mercure and both hotels should merge breakfast and find a price solution.
The pillows are really the best of Bangkok.
A must!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
SimoneMI2, General Manager at ibis Bangkok Siam Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Emmanuel B,
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay at the ibis Bangkok Siam.
As you say, "excellent location" and I think everyone agrees with you about the great location if you would like to shop til you drop.

I will look in to your suggestion about the breakfast, but we currently do allow the ibis guest to use the restaurant in the Mercure at the Mercure breakfast price.

Thank you for the great comment about the pillows :)

I hope that you will come again soon to the ibis Bangkok Siam.

Mercure and ibis Bangkok Siam hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed February 28, 2013

It was a wonderful experience in this hotel. We stayed for two nights. Good location and so comfortable that I kinda reluctant leave the room... Lol! The hotel room is clean and new! That's what I like best! The second that I like best, 3-5 minutes walking distance to MBK and Tokyu. The hotel is directly infront of the BTS National Stadium. One stop train station to BTS Siam and two stops to BTS Ploen Chit. The reception service is efficient although service may be delayed abit when there were many check-in during the peak time...

The only thing I don't like is the drainage smell at the lobby. Do not know where the smell came from. It definitely not giving warm welcome to the guests. >.<

In overall, I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
SimoneMI2, General Manager at ibis Bangkok Siam Hotel, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear yippy75,

I am glad that you like our brand new hotel and its great location.
We are currently investigating the odor that sometimes happens and hopefully should rectify this as soon as possible.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Ibis Siam on your next stay in Bangkok.
Mercure and ibis Bangkok Siam Hotels
nanjing
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Beside the BTS station,and near the CBD in Bangkok.If you want to go shopping,you can walk to many big shoppingmall in 15 mins.
The bathroom is very small,and the hot water has some problem sometimes.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore
Reviewed February 28, 2013

upon arrival at 1 pm, being a gold member, I was told to come back at 2 pm to check in. the tone of the staff wasn't pleasant as if I owed her a living. there was no smile, just a tired and rude face. I introduced 3 friends to stay in 3 rooms during this period. I was embarrassed at the service. my friends were also treated unpleasantly. the room, breakfast though average, definitely better than the service of staff. the location was good, next to bts.

1 Thank bobby468
SimoneMI2, General Manager at ibis Bangkok Siam Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Bobby468,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay at the ibis Bangkok Siam.
I am very sorry to hear that you did not receive the good service from our staff that we expect.
We will endeavor to rectify this with the team to ensure that it is improved.

I hope that you will visit us again in the future and thank you for recommending the hotel to your friends.

Mercure and ibis Bangkok Siam
Paris, France
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I believe most comment before satisfy with hotel location and I agreed with them.I just want to add it was great deal when stay at Ibis Siam Bangkok. Reasonable price, few minute walk to MBK mall, Siam Art Center, Siam Discovery, Siam Center, Siam Paragon, Siam Square and Hard Rock Cafe Bangkok. Also no need to worries about public transport because National Stadium BTS just in front of ibis, easily can get cab or tuk tuk within that area. My opinion I will rate this hotel almost perfect.

Room Tip: I believe almost Ibis Bangkok Siam hotel provide great view to Bangkok City from room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Rayong, Thailand
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Hotel very new, so I still have smell of paint in hotel, but not in room. Parking space didn't have secruity guard for take care your car. Room smaller than other Ibis in Thailand and you can hear door close/open from other room. It make me sleep not well.

They had great location you can walk to shopping mall or take 10 min by taxi to china town.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed in this hotel with my friend for 4 nights during 22 to 26 in February. Overall, all things are good, especially its location as it's just next to BTS National Stadium Station. You can get to several attractions by BTS and MRT conveniently. All staff are friendly. Room is clean and tidy. There is a bar next to this hotel opens 24 hours a day and 7 days a week so you can get a drink anytime.

However, there were three things made my stay imperfect. First of all, it's good that Internet is free but its transmission speed is just too horribly slow in my room. I couldn't load a photo in 30s by using my iPhone. And, the Internet is always cut. Using hotel computers are free for half an hour but its connection and tranmission speed are much much much worse than those in my room. I couldn't load a website such as Yahoo in a minute and thus, I couldn't do my Online Flight Check-in.

Secondly, on the third or forth day during my stay, a housekeeping people knocked my door between 9am to 9:30am asking for tidying up my room. The official check-out time of the hotel is 12pm and I don't understand why they would knock my door for this. I understand that some people might have checked-out very early so that they could clean up the room as soon as possible in order to let people who checks in early get the room earlier (before the official check-in time) but I think they need to make sure which room is vacant and dirty.

The last thing is room check-out. My friend made two international calls. Upon departure, Front Desk Staff showed us the bill and then asked me to settle it. I don't understand why they insisted asking me to settle it by cash as I told them for two times that I would like to use credit card. I know it's a small amount but it doesn't mean I couldn't do it by credit card.

Other than these three things, this hotel is perfect. If my friends go to Bangkok, I will introduce this hotel to them. Thanks Duty Manger (Sorry I forgot your name) for fixing my friend's mobile phone!!

Room Tip: Try not to get a room near the lift as its sound is a bit noisy!!