“was expecting something better...”

Fatty's Bar & Diner
Ranked #575 of 12,102 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed October 5, 2013

After reading so many good reviews, I decided to go with my family. The place was difficult to find. When finally seated we had long time waiting for the waitress to take the order, we were for the burgers expecting something like the burger on there pictures and I was a bit disapointed, the lettuce they had in my hamburger, was a old wacky lettuce, no fresh at all. My wife' fries were submerged in oil and she just passed my kid burger was ok.
Could be and it was a busy day or we were not lucky...
I think I will give them a second chance since I am a hamburger lover and I am looking for the best hamburger in Bangkok...

1  Thank Octaviosky

Reviewed October 5, 2013

If you are getting sick of eating chicken rice, fried rice and pad thai, this place is great to come and get some all American classics. Jalapeno poppers, Reuben Sandwich, Hotdogs. Everything is made like you would get it at a diner in the States. Owners are friendly and they've got live music on the weekends and here and there throughout the week. Location might be a bit tricky but they're on Google Maps and very easy to get to from the Phra Ram 9 MRT station. Recommend!

2  Thank M1027
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

This was my fourth visit and thr fourth amazing meal I've had. The P.S. is something to write home about. It's a hearty serving of pastatrami on Rye bread with swiss (?) Cheese and horseradish sauce. Wowie!! This thing hit the spot and then some. I wish I had ordered two or three more so I could keep them for tomorrow's breakfast and lunch.
The only complaint I have about the place is the bike shop next store. Fatty's needs to expand over into that space so they can have a bigger dining and band area.

2  Thank Matt M
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I had a GREAT time it was really fun and the food was amazing the only down side was the bathroom was dirty

2  Thank SlateTadpole27
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

I went there tonight with my wife and it was awful. First, the place is not very sexy (well, we were there to eat good hamburgers). Second, the hamburgers were not good! Good food is the right harmony of good (and fresh) products, but this seems far from being true there. What left on my tongue after having a burger was a bad taste and bad feeling. For me, there are of course better hamburger places in Bangkok, Burger King is better than it

3  Thank Kangfarangset
fattysbaranddiner, Owner at Fatty's Bar & Diner, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Terrible and awful? That seems a bit over the top, considering the fact that you both cleaned your plates and said it was OK. We understand that not everyone out there will have a good time here. That's fine. There's no need to suffer through an awful burger just to make sure you hated it. Any unsatisfied customers, please keep this in mind. If you are displeased with your meal or experience here, please speak up and we will gladly do our best to fix the problem or comp your meal and let you be on your way with less of a bad feeling, at the very least.

The chef was here and he will stand behind his product. The same product that was graciously enjoyed by all the patrons of Fatty's last night. We have never made any claims to have the best anything here in town. We do our best for our little community, and that works for us. You're right about us having a lot of friends that have reviewed us in various publications. Those people are friends of Fatty's Bar & Diner because they came to our little bar looking for something different, something to call their own and they found it.

Like Abraham Lincoln once said, “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

We might as well put down on record what we always say to our customers. We are not much of a restaurant. We have a small bar with a deep fryer, a grill, a few small tables, no staff and no candles.

Yours sincerely,