“Grandslam!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

This was my fourth visit and thr fourth amazing meal I've had. The P.S. is something to write home about. It's a hearty serving of pastatrami on Rye bread with swiss (?) Cheese and horseradish sauce. Wowie!! This thing hit the spot and then some. I wish I had ordered two or three more so I could keep them for tomorrow's breakfast and lunch.
The only complaint I have about the place is the bike shop next store. Fatty's needs to expand over into that space so they can have a bigger dining and band area.

2  Thank Matt M
There are newer reviews for Fatty's Bar & Diner

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I had a GREAT time it was really fun and the food was amazing the only down side was the bathroom was dirty

2  Thank SlateTadpole27
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

I went there tonight with my wife and it was awful. First, the place is not very sexy (well, we were there to eat good hamburgers). Second, the hamburgers were not good! Good food is the right harmony of good (and fresh) products, but this seems far from being true there. What left on my tongue after having a burger was a bad taste and bad feeling. For me, there are of course better hamburger places in Bangkok, Burger King is better than it

3  Thank Kangfarangset
fattysbaranddiner, Owner at Fatty's Bar & Diner, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Terrible and awful? That seems a bit over the top, considering the fact that you both cleaned your plates and said it was OK. We understand that not everyone out there will have a good time here. That's fine. There's no need to suffer through an awful burger just to make sure you hated it. Any unsatisfied customers, please keep this in mind. If you are displeased with your meal or experience here, please speak up and we will gladly do our best to fix the problem or comp your meal and let you be on your way with less of a bad feeling, at the very least.

The chef was here and he will stand behind his product. The same product that was graciously enjoyed by all the patrons of Fatty's last night. We have never made any claims to have the best anything here in town. We do our best for our little community, and that works for us. You're right about us having a lot of friends that have reviewed us in various publications. Those people are friends of Fatty's Bar & Diner because they came to our little bar looking for something different, something to call their own and they found it.

Like Abraham Lincoln once said, “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

We might as well put down on record what we always say to our customers. We are not much of a restaurant. We have a small bar with a deep fryer, a grill, a few small tables, no staff and no candles.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Based on all of the Excellent reviews here I found the place to be quite a letdown. The burger was ok, but was kind of bland and I didn't like the fries. I may go back to try one of the sandwiches, but will avoid the fries and the slaw. The loud 50's music didn't help either. Luckily that wasn't all that was played though, and some of the other music was pretty good. They might want to upgrade their restroom. It's looking pretty outdated.

Also, it's more than a 10 minute walk from the station.

1  Thank UGAVII
Reviewed September 27, 2013

finding this spot is not easy (very small sign and kind of hidden) but if you made it you will be totally satisfied and happy!The menu offers great american style dishes, not really expensive!the BBQ and the cream jalapeno burger was probably the best i've ever had!Onion rings, fried ravioli with parmesan cheese, garden salad (blueberry dressing) and the fried jalapeno/cream starters where also great! Friendly american chef (offered us whiskey with hp sauce) and lovely oldschool dekoration even if its more a bar then a restaurant. On some days live music, quiz nights or beerpong tournaments.kitchen closes at 10pm. ATTENTION: only small beer served ;)

2  Thank Fellisi