“Fab hostel and friendly staff”

3Howw Hostel Khaosan
Ranked #98 of 1,189 Specialty Lodging in Bangkok
London, United Kingdom
“Fab hostel and friendly staff”
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here as a solo female traveller. Staff were fab and couldn't do enough to help - even let me borrow their insect repellent when I turned up with thousands of mozzy bites! Bed was good and room was clean. Chill out area with beanbags was also fab! Would def recommend this to any traveller!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank vj89

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My friend and I stayed at 3Howw during our very first trip. The hostel was very clean and modern, near Khaosan road but far from all the noises :) The staff was very friendly and helpful. There is a very romantic canal on the way back from Khaosan to the hostel. We really enjoyed our stay at 3Howw and we'll definitely come back for this hostel in our next trip to Bangkok!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank PhuongNguyen1411
saskatchewan
Reviewed June 7, 2013

This is by far one of the cleanest hostels I have stayed in while in se Asia. The bathrooms are cleaned regularly and are always stocked, beds are comfortable and they have a nice lounge area to relax. The staff is great, good location and helpful staff. I would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank nicole1286
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I arrived at BKK (Bangkok Suvarnabhumi) on a flight from Istanbul, Turkey on 6th June. I took the city train from the airport as far as Phaya Thai. I then hailed a taxi off the main road and asked him to take me to Thandet Samsen (Soi 4) near Thandet Khaosan and made sure to say "NHA KHA' meaning 'meter fare' in Thai.

The taxi took about 30 mins (depending on traffic) and cost around 100 BHT. I walked up the side street (Soi 4) and found the hostel easily. The hostel is clean and the staff are very friendly and one guy in particular, Mui who is from Myanmar, helped me plan my trip there which I leave for tomorrow. There is free wifi and a hostel computer you can use for free which was great as I had lots of pics to upload from Istanbul.

I was so impressed by the place that I have booked a room for my girlfriend and I on return from Myanmar.

If you only in Bangkok for a short time I would thoroughly recommend staying here as it's centrally located but very quiet (unlike the hostels on Khaosan)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Henry F
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We booked our accomodation through Agoda.com a month earlier but unfortunately the reservation system of the hostel wasn't in sync with that of Agoda.com. but i can't discredit the hostel for that because for all we know, the error might be more on Agoda.com. Better yet, if you are going to book a month in advance, call/e-mail the hostel to confirm verbally. So instead of staying in a deluxe room with our own bathroom, we were asked (nicely) to stay for a night in a 10-person room (i don't know what to call that kind of set-up haha) and consequently utilize the communal shower room and restrooms. Since i am not that nice, i asked for a refund & gladly they agreed to give me a 300-Baht refund. Yay! :)

The deluxe room was very clean and cozy (probably mainly because of the lightsource). The shower and toilet area is also well-maintained complete with shampoo and liquid body soap dispensers. There is a television (slim screen) but unfortunately they had a problem with their cable provider. And also, there was no refrigerator so you can't keep drinks (yogurts and water) cool for a very long time and that is sad especially for people like me who easily thirsts for cold water in the middle of my sleep.

The hostel is near Phra Athit pier (N13), a 15-20 minute walk. It is also near Khao San road and to a number of streetfood stalls so food is never really a problem.

And during our stay (May 28-June 1, yeah we're leaving tomorrow already too bad) they were having a promotion with their 'light buffet breakfast which is for 80 Baht' so we had our breakfasts for free. I like the round/flower-shaped biscuits which had a thick sweet tamarind filling! I think i ate a lot of those hahaha :)

Overall, 3 Howw Hostel is a really good place to stay in a foreign land when you still want to feel like you're just home.

P.S. They have free wifi (just asked for the password which they change weekly) and you'll have to wear the cloth slippers they provided and deposit your shoes, slippers and such at a drawer before the stairs. And i hope they fix their tv service provider issues soon and add refrigerators in their deluxe rooms, and they'll definitely get a 5-star rating from me anytime =)

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Vincent B
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We stayed here for four nights in May 2013, in a double room with a private bathroom.

This is the nicest hostel I have ever stayed in! It's down a small 'soi' (lane), with very few guesthouses and hostel around. As a result, you can really get a feel for Thai life... It made Bangkok so much more authentic for me. I was such a treat to be staying in a place where you could observe what felt like real Thailand.... I really did not expect to find this in Bangkok. The street is also really quiet, but it's only a 10 minute walk from the Khaosan Road, and there are plenty of restaurants just a few minutes walk away.

The hostel itself was modern, clean, and quiet. The rooms are much nicer than hotel rooms, and there is a nice communal area with beanbags and a TV. The place seemed as though it was always being cleaned...! Even though we didn't use the communal showering facilities, they looked spotless, as did every other area.

We really loved our stay here and could have easily stayed longer. I would recommend to anyone who visits Bangkok.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gaby0712
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I like how clean it was and the service was great!! Very kind peopel and very helpful, if there ever was a problem :) I've been there before and it hasn't changed, still nice as ever and for a good price too! I will definitely return again since it is also close to the taxi and tuk tuk's :)

• Stayed May 2013