Get rewarded with One Key
Miekevdmerwe
Cape Town Central, South Africa

Not too bad

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Feb 3, 2013
The hostel looked really modern and new but location and staying facilities was average. The breakfast only starts at 7 and for most of the mornings my tour picked me up at 7 so I couldn't eat any breakfast while I was staying there. They have a nice kitchen and living area with a tv and movies to watch. There is cutlery and a fridge where you can store your things in the kitchen and they also have a microwave. They don't have a kettle though so it was hard if you wanted to make your own coffee in the morning (as I couldn't drink the coffee they provided because I wasn't paying for breakfast.) The sleeping was okay. I had a bunker bed that made a very big noise every time I turned around and if I woke up early to get ready for a tour I felt like I woke up the whole room. The nice thing was that where I slept was fairly private and that people couldn't really see me. They also had little lights at your bed so you can just turn them on when you have to get up in the morning so you don't have to put on the main light which was nice.

The bathroom situation was also not too great because the bathrooms is on the one floor and the dorms on another and the living area on another. The bathrooms also didn't really provide anywhere where I could put my clothing while I was showering so it was difficult showering without your clothes getting wet. The one door of the bathroom didn't close properly either. So I felt a bit nervous every time I went in there because I was scared that someone will open it by accident.

The hostel was not easy to find but after staying there for a few days I got the hang of it. All in all it was not bad but not the best either. If you are just looking for a place to crash at an affordable price looking fairly modern and not to far from the main area this is your best bet.
Trip type: Traveled solo
4.3 miles from 3Howw Hostel Khaosan
3.3 miles from 3Howw Hostel Khaosan
4.2 miles from 3Howw Hostel Khaosan
View more hotels in Bangkok
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Clean hostel with good & clean beds, bathrooms and sheets. Very close to Khao Sarn. Breakfast included and value for money. But there are better places if you don't want to spend too much time at Khao Sarn.

Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed January 25, 2013

First of all, 3Howw Hostel is very clean , which for me is very important!

Nice and big bathroom.

It can be a bit expensive if you consider that there are rooms at the price of their dorm, but i'd rather be in a very nice dorm that in a bad room!

It is only 10 minutes walk from Khao San road, and in a quiet street. Just near the hostel there are streets where you will find lots of "street restaurants" with good and cheap thai food in the evening.

There was just one night i didnt sleep well because of some fellow travellers who came back in the middle of the night without caring about the noise they were doing... but well, i can't complain, this is just the lack of respect of some people, nothing to do with the hostel.

Also, there are locks in the room so you can leave you belongings.

I had a good stay there. :)

Room tip: i would advise girls to take the girls' dorm ... only 4 per room so it is more quiet.
1  Thank happyturtle83
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

With hot and cold showers, FLUFFY white towels and wifi, whats not to love about this hostel? Staff were all very helpful with any issues and advce on where/how to go anywhere! I`ll definately be back

2  Thank sashelz
This review is the subjective opinion of an individual traveler and not of Tripadvisor LLC nor of its partners. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Reviewed January 12, 2013

3howw is quite a cool little place, it's got a small seating area downstairs, then a beanbag area up the stairs with a tv and some DVDs to help yourself to, the wifi is brilliant, and the staff are friendly. The beds are big, you get a reading lamp and plug socket, and ac is on all the time. However, I found that if someone slightly moved in the room while I was in bed,it was like an earthquake...if your a light sleeper it's very annoying, the whole bed shook. The majority of people staying here were Asian, nice people, don't get me wrong, but they keep themselves very much to themselves...so I think if your looking to meet a fun crowd, stay somewhere nearer khao San or soi rambuttri, (i spent most of my time here, its a lot nicer than khao San road). I left the hostel one night early as I couldn't bare bangkok any longer, it's far too western, busy and humid.

1  Thank ejgirling1
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I have to say I was a little bit disappointed from this hostel. It has so crazy excellent reviews on booking.com that I thought it must be somehow special. It isn't. I was sleeping in a 4-bed-ladies-only-dorm which was actually quite pricey for what was offered. It was in the 4th floor (no elevator), whereas the bathroom and toilets were in the 2nd floor. The drains of two of the showers (3 in total) were blocked so you had to stand in the used water while having a shower. The bathroom was not very clean in general. In the toilets at the 2nd floor you had no privacy and could hear anybody who was inside or outside. Wifi was not working almost the whole time I was there (5 nights). Breakfast was included for walk in guests only but if you booked online (like I did) you had to pay for the (simple) breakfast if you wanted some. I actually wanted to book by phone by they told me I should book online. The staff was very friendly but most of them couldn't speak English very well and communication wasn't always easy. My room was really clean and quiet and I had an excellent sleep though. That was because I was in the last floor where only few people slept. The location is nice, quite a few nice eateries and restaurants around. Khao San Road is a 10 minutes walk away. All in all I think you can find something better for this price! It's not worth the money but for half of the price I would go there again.

Room tip: As the 4-bed dorms and private rooms are in the 4th (and last) floor I would recommend you to stay there if you want to have it quiet in the night and not wake up from the TV in the living room area or the people coming and going. Only suitable if you don't have problems with climbing stairs though.
Date of stay: December 2012