“Perfect dinner, delicious food, and amazing beer!”
Review of G's Bangkok

G's Bangkok
Ranked #44 of 10,959 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: German, Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Silom
“Perfect dinner, delicious food, and amazing beer!”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

This my first review I write on tripadvisor ever! I never felt like doing that until this day. Genuine restaurant like G's have to be supported. This guy deserves it to have a lot of customers compared with so many unfriendly restaurants...

I only went to G's because I read all the good reviews this restaurant got on Trip Advisor. I kind of thought thats too good to be true - otherwise how can so many people like this guy with his restaurant if it wasn't awesome?!

The restaurant is hidden in a little shady and red-lighted street - but that makes it even more special. Mister G opened the door personally, invited me in and got me a perfect table. This guy really loves what he's doing, the chats with the guests are not business plan, they r completely genuine! If you look into this guy's eyes and how he's treating his customers and employees you constantly have a smile on ur face.

To sum up! This restaurant is a MUST! Go there, enjoy the unique atmosphere in there and try his new "Frühlingsbock-Bier"!

• Visited August 2013

• Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Amazing Service, amazing character, and amazing quality”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

G's Bangkok is a hidden gem amidst the seedy alley of patpong's sex show's and cheap trinkets. Right from the get-go, G himself opens the doors for us, ushers us inside and gets to know us a bit better. A limited but well chosen beer collection accompanies the food perfectly and comes out in a quick, well presented fashion. Without G the evening would not be the same. You're not really payinf for just food when you come here, you're paying for the owners company and his great personality. At the end of our meal, G noticed that it had started raining and promptly gave us an umbrella to use! This is service you will never get anywhere else.

1 Thank Ryan C
Bangkok
“Best German Restaurant in Bangkok”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We went to G's because we saw review on tripadvisor. We found the location is a bit strange but the restaurant is very cozy and well decorated. The owner is very friendly and he has very good imported German beers. The portion size is HUGE and all dishes are a proper self-made. We will defo go back to this restaurant again!

2 Thank Mindy1985
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Great place with a very kind owner!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Before leaving Bangkok I've decided to visit G's and I had a great experience. It was a little bit difficult to find the restaurant as they are many clubs around and it was also starting to rain. You should try to look or ask for Foodland as this is a big grocery store besides the place.

The owner came to my table and explained the dishes and the beers that he had in his menu and also told a little about his story in Thailand. I've had the beef goulash, which was amazing, and tried two different beers. The total price was 760 bahts, which is a little bit expensive if you compare with local Thai places, but I believe that is a fair price to have western beer and food in Bangkok!

2 Thank Olavo_Vaz
Bangkok
“UNIQUE GERMAN RESTAURANT”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

G's Bangkok is a unique German restaurant what serves as well Thaifood.
Located at Patpong Nightmarket and a great place to stop after browsing all the stands
at Patpong. Located next to FOODLAND SUpermarket its easy to find. Ask Guido the owner
for daily speacial. I had a great Gulasch and the have largest selection of German biers I seen in Bangkok .

2 Thank Franz D