WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of G's Bangkok

G's Bangkok
Ranked #21 of 10,373 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: German, European, Asian, Thai, Central European
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Silom
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic! Most welcoming experience in Bangkok so far!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

Walked in an immediately greeted by a warm welcome and relaxed atmosphere. Food was amazing, we have Thai but German looked amazing too! One of the few places I could get a nice cold glass of white wine and my husband many beers! Highly recommended

• Visited June 2013

• Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
A TripAdvisor Member
“Culinary ecstacy with a smile”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

I have just finished a meal at this lovely restaurant and I can honestly say that quality and quantity go hand in hand. It has left me wholly satisfied with a traditional German dish crafted to deliver impecable flavour.

A very worthwile visit.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great food, great staff, you can't go wrong”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Don't be distracted by this restaurant's more peculiar traits. Yes, it is a German restaurant in Thailand. Yes, it is one of Bangkok's red light districts. Yes, it only has 10 tables. All of that said, the combination of well-prepared German comfort food (housemade bratwurst, schnitzel, roulade) and an owner-operator (Chef Guido) that loves what he does makes this restaurant a worthwhile culinary encounter for both locals and those passing through.

Guido did a fantastic job of reading my wife and I incredibly well and recommending one of the umpteen specially imported German beers for each of us. He then set to work helping to deconstruct an extensive German menu that will take you back to the old country. We shared the greek salad for an appetizer as many other reviewers have suggested. I had the bratwurst with creamy cabbage and mashed potatoes, and my wife had the roulade with red cabbage and roasted potatoes. Both food and drink were very reasonably priced and well-proportioned. Both of us cleaned our plates and then rolled ourselves out of the restaraunt, past the strip clubs, and into a cab to our hotel.

G's is worth a visit. Don't be too dissuaded by the odd location. If you get lost, on Patpong 2, the restaurant is immediately to the brightly light Foodland Market.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank MDWandering83
Edinburgh
“Deutsch fantastische Restaurant und Host”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

We had to leave this restaurant for our last night in Bangkok for a good reason.It is number one on Trip Advisor and it did not disappoint. As soon as we walked in the host was very welcoming and throughout our meal was very funny.He recommended our beer which was a very excellent German pilsner (Tannen Zapfle) he also recommended our food but we had to Start Beef dumpling soup: mains were Bratwurst Sausage with mustard mashed potatoes and cauliflower cheese and a curry sausage with french fries and to finish apple strudel. All of it home made and it tasted absolutely lovely. The restaurant is Just about 300 yards down on Patpong 2 (nearest BST station is Sala Daeng). You will not be disappointed with this restaurant and it is number one for a reason. We also met TIGGER the house cat who was so laid back for a busy street. Very scenic watching all the girls go by or were they girls ? !!! LOL

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank highlander128
London, United Kingdom
“German food in Bangkok - my best experience was here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

The owner Guido was really nice and took excellent care about us. But on top of that the served food was outstanding good. I have to confess as a German I'm very careful with German restaurants abroad because I had already some disappointing expriences in the past. Not here I was really surprised by the quality. The brod selection of German beers is not so often to be seen in Thailnd too. Even my special wish 'Apfelschorle' was served in no time and well prepared. To round the whole evening the price was quite moderate considering the quality and the fact that the retsaurant is not in Germany. I will be back not alone and not only once. The only odd spot is the location as others mentioned here before but the heart warming service and the quality of the food cover that point quite well. Go and try for youself....

• Visited May 2013