“Perfect steak!!!”

El Gaucho Argentinian Steakhouse
Ranked #116 of 11,469 Restaurants in Bangkok
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Description: Retro and modern in a mix of intricate detail and sophisticated simplicity. - Food is our passion and it is our aim to establish the benchmark in Southeast Asia for a contemporary, specialised steakhouse concept. We opened our first restaurant in 2011 and went our way from Saigon to Hanoi, Bangkok to Koh Samui, eight restaurants, and it is still the same joy. We are proud to serve you the finest steakhouse-style food, using only the best available meat products sourced from selected farms in Victoria, New South Wales and individual farmers and ranchers in the United States. This is all about the original flavour of the naturally raised meat, paired with the offer of our own steakhouse classics, as well as a modern approach on ingredients, preparation and combinations. Let your sense of taste be awoken with an aperitif, let the juicy meat melt in your mouth, dive into the latest wine treasures and find in a selection of cigars a peaceful retreat from the bustling world around.
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

The most delicious steak in my life! Strongly recommended to visit! We have filet (rare) and it was melted in mouth! But rather expensive: the bill for one steak, two starters, bottle of vine and bottle of water was $200. But unforgettable steak, yammy!!!

1  Thank Natalie_Lav
Write a ReviewReviews (1,747)

Reviewed January 20, 2014

what should i say: go there - i've seen quite a couple of steakhouses over asia and this one might be one of the pricier ones, but it's well worth it. also the service was perfect and very personal. we'll be back.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

the steaks here are absolutely fantastic. I had the US prime fillet and it melted in the mouth. There is a good range of side dishes to go with it. I had macaroni cheese which was great and the sauteed mushrooms which were not so good. The portions are big so no need to order too much, I had the smallest steak on the menu and could not finish both of the side dishes I ordered to go with it.

But it is very very expensive. For a steak with two sides and a coke I paid Bhat 2500. I would say it is worth it as a treat

1  Thank John P
Reviewed January 20, 2014

After many many years in town finally decided to try out El Gaucho Restaurant . Wow , really loved it. I went with my husband and a business partner of his on a Saturday night during the protest. We asked for a table outside on the balcony so we had a view of the walking street that Sukhumvit road has become recently. The service was very good and fast . We were given some ciabatta bread with a sweet pepper salsa , barbecued garlic head and olives with our drinks and that was already good. The meat selection is great and extremely good , but is not only a steak place, you can have soup , salad or other appetizers as well. Me, I get a bit scared in front of a huge steak so I had an empanada . It was good and I was happy it was not spicy , since I live in Thailand and I have lots of opportunities to burn my tongue and not taste my food. They had a decent desserts selection as well but I did not try any. After paying the bill the waiter came with a drink on the house that was the icing of the cake : a caramel vodka ice cold , just what I needed . Will go back soon

1  Thank Simona001
Reviewed January 19, 2014

This is a steak restaurant so I would expect the steak to be good. There was an good choice of steaks displayed, and a good selection of other dishes. I had a fillet steak which was cooked to perfection. The atmosphere in the restaurant was good and pretty relaxed. The service was excellent. The complementary shot of caramel flavoured Vodka after the meal was an added bonus. This wasn't a cheap place to eat but I would definitely eat here again.

Been to El Gaucho Argentinian Steakhouse? Share your experiences!