“Great food, nice atmosphere!”

El Gaucho Argentinian Steakhouse
Ranked #106 of 11,272 Restaurants in Bangkok
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Description: Retro and modern in a mix of intricate detail and sophisticated simplicity. - Food is our passion and it is our aim to establish the benchmark in Southeast Asia for a contemporary, specialised steakhouse concept. We opened our first restaurant in 2011 and went our way from Saigon to Hanoi, Bangkok to Koh Samui, eight restaurants, and it is still the same joy. We are proud to serve you the finest steakhouse-style food, using only the best available meat products sourced from selected farms in Victoria, New South Wales and individual farmers and ranchers in the United States. This is all about the original flavour of the naturally raised meat, paired with the offer of our own steakhouse classics, as well as a modern approach on ingredients, preparation and combinations. Let your sense of taste be awoken with an aperitif, let the juicy meat melt in your mouth, dive into the latest wine treasures and find in a selection of cigars a peaceful retreat from the bustling world around.
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We came across this restaurant by chance and decided to try it as i had seen branches in London.

We were impressed by the menu and both had burgers, which were very good! The staff were polite and friendly and gave us plenty of time to choose (it was early afternoon and the restaurant was quiet).

The food was expensive by Thai standards, but it was very good.

We found the entire experience very enjoyable.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

This restaurant was very close to our hotel. On both occasions we arrived without a booking, on the first occasion we were shown directly to a table and on the second occasion, Friday evening at 19:00, we were asked to come back at 20:00 and were then found a table.

Once we had ordered the brought a platter of very fresh bread and a large roasted garlic as an appetizer.

We both had the skewers, with reasonable portions of melt in the mouth steak and vegetables, ordered a couple of sides. My wife had a very good glass of red wine and I had a couple of beers.

At the end of the meal offered a couple of shots on the house.

The meal was not cheap by Thai standards but not bad when compared with dining in other capital cities of the world. I assume the ingredients are imported, certainly the wine is, so guess this adds to the cost. Given the quality of the food and service, reasonably happy about the bill.

The fact we went back two days later after a particularly long day of sightseeing speaks volumes. When we return to Bangkok I am certain we will be back.

We have the Tripadvisor App on our Ipads and note that the App incorrectly marks the location of the restaurant. El Gaucho is actually right next to Asok Skytrain station and the Terminal 21 Shopping centre!!!

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I went there for dinner with a colleague when we were in Bangkok on business. This restaurant was recommended by another Singaporean co-worker who recently relocated to Bangkok for work. So we thought it would be really good.

My colleague doesn’t eat beef, so even though this restaurant is famous for its steaks, I decided to have lamb instead, so my colleague and I can exchange some of our food for a wider variety of taste. She ordered pork chop from the meat of the premium black pig, we were told, while I order grilled lamb chop.

The bread that came complimentary with butter and garlic was very good! However, the salad were just some pieces of vegetables; plus salads are just pretty standard everywhere. So I wasn't impressed.

The main dishes took like forever, when they finally made it to our table, I was famished! But the taste of my lamb and my colleague’s pork was nothing short of ordinary and we needed to pay extra to get the sauces to go with the meat. It was ridiculous because they aren’t cheap!

I felt the portions would have been bigger and the service could be more satisfying, because the prices of the food just didn’t match up. With so many delicious dining options in Bangkok to explore, I would say, don’t waste your time, give this restaurant a miss.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Yesterday evening went with a dear friend to have dinner at El Gaucho, and it was my 4th already within the last year or two. So the expectations were set at high Levels...and it turned out to be just great - again!

So, if you care for
- prime meat (yes it is from AUS or US...but this is probably due to the super complicated logistics between Argentina and Thailand...),
- good Location (tasty inside and nice - though a bit noisy- terrace)
- very nice and good Service (yes from all sorts of countries...but with excellent English Skills, very attentive, and still cool and relaxed)
- extensive Wine List (especially from Argentina, with probably pretty reasonable Prices)
then you should try this place out. Cheers!

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Went with a colleague during a business trip and really enjoyed the meal - 1st class.

I was surprised that an Argentinian steakhouse offered a choice of Australian or American meat - not Argentinian! Asked the waiter, but still not clear...

Tab came to about £160 UK for 2 of us sharing a starter, plus plenty of wine and beer and complimentary caramel vodka. Service attentive, even though the place was very busy.

I figure you get what you pay for and, what the hell - it was on expenses :)

Recommended, but make sure the bill isn't going to be a surprise!

Been to El Gaucho Argentinian Steakhouse? Share your experiences!