“For a steak, best place in BKK.”

El Gaucho Argentinian Steakhouse
Ranked #236 of 12,102 Restaurants in Bangkok
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Description: Retro and modern in a mix of intricate detail and sophisticated simplicity. - Food is our passion and it is our aim to establish the benchmark in Southeast Asia for a contemporary, specialised steakhouse concept. We opened our first restaurant in 2011 and went our way from Saigon to Hanoi, Bangkok to Koh Samui, eight restaurants, and it is still the same joy. We are proud to serve you the finest steakhouse-style food, using only the best available meat products sourced from selected farms in Victoria, New South Wales and individual farmers and ranchers in the United States. This is all about the original flavour of the naturally raised meat, paired with the offer of our own steakhouse classics, as well as a modern approach on ingredients, preparation and combinations. Let your sense of taste be awoken with an aperitif, let the juicy meat melt in your mouth, dive into the latest wine treasures and find in a selection of cigars a peaceful retreat from the bustling world around.
Reviewed March 19, 2013

For a steak, best place in BKK. Excellent!!! We enjoyed the experience and we will be back!!! It is not a highclass place, rather a steakhouse with a taste of Argentine...

Write a ReviewReviews (1,860)

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Just returned from a trip to Bangkok and a wonderful meal at El Gaucho. As previously, the food was divine, but what got our attention this time was the service. The front man, Ivan, formerly of El Gaucho in Viet Nam, was as pleasant as always and helpful to the nth degree. Sitting outside with a pre-dinner drink, we couldn't get over the attention to detail that our server, Victor, provided. Meticulous, understated and as friendly as could be. In speaking to the Owner, Dany, he said that in-service and customer relations make up a serious portion of the professional staff that his staff undergo. It shows.

Upstairs for our meal, we had the same waiter, Thomas, from a visit 3 months ago. He knew our names (that could be the reservation book at work), but he recalled how my wife preferred her steak, how she needed to tweek the "doneness " last time and what wine we had enjoyed last time.

I realize that all this could be in a data base somewhere "in house", but with the crowds they were working and the buzz that night, I can't see how doing a "diner review" would be possible. He's just a phenomenal waiter, serious about our preferences, helpful with suggestions and a real pleasure to assist at the table.

Kudo's to the gang at El Gauchos. These folks go out of their way to ensure a wonderful experience and it's this kind of service (along with another superb steak) that will keep us coming back. Highly recommend it when you get to Bangkok.

Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Brilliant.
Excellent steak, I had the 500 gram scotch fillet.
Service was exceptional.
Would definitely recommend to friends and family.

Well done!

Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

If you willing to spend your money in good food, this is the place. The steak can be chosen at how many grams that you want. This is the special. Hardly find such place can offer you the grams.
However, if you are small eater, do not gritty, pick the smaller grams and it will have enough for your own selves. Otherwise, share with your partner with bigger grams!

1  Thank CLC76
Reviewed March 11, 2013

El Gaucho is in a large building with attractive decor close to Bangkok's Asok skytrain station and was packed on the night we went, despite it being a Sunday and one of Bangkok's alcohol-free Buddhist holidays (which the restaurant was respecting by not serving wine or other alocholic beverages - at least not that we could see). There was a very jovial atmosphere and a real buzz about the place, so we were excited to try the food as we were led to our upstairs table.

I had a burger, served bun-less, although I was given the option of having a bun if I preferred. The burger meat was excellent, cooked to order and served with some decent chips and salad. My dining companion had imported Australian rib-eye and it was delicious, among the best steak I've tried in Bangkok, not that Bangkok's famous for its steak of course, but this could hold its own with a high-end steak house in Europe.

Any side dishes for the steak have to be bought as additional extras, a practice I'm not too keen on to be honest, but the chips were good and the salad OK. The steak is the star of the show here though. Burgers and other menu items come with sides.

Service was very good, friendly and attentive, although we did have to wait for several minutes after sitting to be presented with a menu. This was only hiccup in what was otherwise very efficient and pleasant service.

The price isn't cheap though, with steaks starting at around 1,300 Baht (approx 45 USD or 26 GBP) without any side dishes, which is a lot by Bangkok standards, even if the meat is good quality and imported. Our bill for 2 people with no alcoholic drinks and only one of us eating steak was close to 3,000 Baht (100 USD / 50 GBP). This would have been much more if we had had wine too, not to mention starters or desserts.

Overall it was a very enjoyable meal, and I would consider going back if I fancied a splurge on a posh meal or for a special occasion, but I would have to check my bank balance before phoning in my reservation.

Been to El Gaucho Argentinian Steakhouse? Share your experiences!