“Love everything about it”
Review of W Bangkok

W Bangkok
Ranked #15 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed August 26, 2014

I usually stay at this hotel for my business trip which by far is one of the best hotels. The location is truely amazing and very convenient to move around especially the hectic town such as Bangkok. To have BTS station nearby, is already a blessing to provide in terms of transportation. The room set up is very effecient and fulfilling all my needs as always with my busy schedule. Staffs are very friendly and know me as soon as I step into their doors. Their attention to detail for Housekeeping team is great to observe what I want and place thing where I want. It is definitely a plus when I like particular thing placed. Breakfast options are great which accommodated both world of Eastern and Western world perfectly combined. Thank you again for looking after me. I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: This room is hip and trendy. Family might not be the most suitable.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Challenger302014
W Bangkok H, General Manager at W Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2014

Hi Challenger302014,
Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback with us. So happy to know that you enjoyed all the aspect at the hotel. It is good to hear that our talents look after you so well and provided you with our Whatever/Whenever service culture and were able to meet your expectation. Our culinary team work hard to provide the best quality of food possible for all our guests, I’m glad you liked it.
Thank you once again and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Nick Heath

Write a ReviewReviews (2,613)

Reviewed August 25, 2014

Our room was spacious and comfortable.
Great for young people - older people and business customers would find the hotel too noisy.
Wood bar- very popular has great drink specials- and good DJ
Breakfast was good- .
Enjoyed the gym - great equipment- and friendly staff.
Pool a little too small with so many people staying at the hotel.
Was a great location for my husband work- other wise for a holiday would stay closer to the city centre.

Room Tip: Higher rooms would be quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Wendy C

Hi Wendy C,
Thank you very much for your comments. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your room, vibe at WOOBAR, and hotel facilities. Although our hotels’ swimming pool is quite limited in terms of size at 23m in length, the thing that stands out is that it is accessible 24 hours a day. It is good to see that the team has done a great job in looking after you. They are definitely an asset for us, I will be sure to pass on your comment to them.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 25, 2014

I stayed at W Bangkok for 2 nights last week. The service I received was great and the room condition was always perfect. The room and beddings are so comfortable and I really didn't want to leave the room. Also 24 hours pool and gym is one of the merits of staying and all facilities are well maintained. The buffet at breakfast has good range, not too much but all has high quality. They delivered wrong omelet, but I didn't care as the rest of them were so good. I was so pleased with W Bangkok and would stay again in the near future.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business

Hi Yoo jung L,
Thank you for your valuable feedback. I’m happy to hear that everything was up to your expectation provided by our Whatever/Whenever service culture. I can see that you enjoyed your overall stay with us especially W signature bed, hotel facilities, breakfast and our WET pool. Next time you are at the pool, don’t miss having a detox foot massage in the cabana or on a sun lounger and enjoy a retox cocktail afterward. We look forward to your return so that we can offer you the same experience.

Reviewed August 24, 2014

Although the room I was upgraded to was amazing by any standards, there was just too much extra effort to be trendy (which is a fault of W Hotels in general, not just this property). I was put off by the need to control lights and A/C from the tablet in the room, as this just made the process more clunky than I wanted. And the horse-hair furniture was not comfortable at all.
The feeling I got was that this place caters mostly to people who are famous in their own mind, and is not really the place to a seasoned traveler. I want a place that focuses on comfort and providing a peaceful stay. W Hotels simply tries to be a nightclub. If I wanted a nightclub, I would have gone to one. In the future, I will stick to Sheratons and Westins, along with the Signature properties. However, if you want to stay at a place that is like a singles bar with rooms, by all means, this is your place.
Also, the service at times was apathetic by Thai standards. Many of the staff in the Woobar and front desk area did not seem to be all that excited to help guests.

Room Tip: Something up high and on the northwest side would keep the noise from BTS lower. As far from the Woo...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Duggle1
W Bangkok H, General Manager at W Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2014

Hi Duggle1,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your valuable review. We feel regret that our hotel designs didn’t meet your expectation. The tablet we provide is the most convenient tool for guest as you can control everything all in one. W Hotel is well known for the theme that sleek modern and hip design which it may not likely for everyone. Thank you once again for your comments as Starwood has more traditional brands that might be more to your taste when you next return to Bangkok.

Reviewed August 23, 2014

I always have high expectations for staying at the hip brand of Starwood - the "W"'s. They also market themselves on one of the highest price category in various cities that they are in. Having stayed at various different "W"'s, I knew what I was getting into. Had to do it because it was close to the office, but it wouldn't be my first choice if it was for leisure. Sure enough, the staff are fine, well appointed but just isn't a style that works for me. Food in the main restaurant (of which it only had one), was also very mediocre. Given it was for business, what made my stay terrible was the electronic dance music in the hallway of my floor. I could even hear it in the room when I was trying to sleep. If I was 25 yo, going for a bachelor party, then this would be an awesome hotel but then what 25 yo can afford the "luxury" pricing of this brand.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank detang

Hi detang,

Thank you for staying and sharing your valuable feedback with us. Our passion is to deliver wonderful music, fashion, design and great service to our guests and it’s sadden me that what we have provided didn’t meet your expectations. I have noted on your point as I will make sure that the music in the hallway is in the low volume and won’t disturb any guests on the floor. We are looking forward to welcoming and seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed August 23, 2014

Wonderful hotel, we love this place a room and amenities are perfect and cool. Every small details and touches are amazing. We can quite relax at the pool after a long day, even though it's a bit noisy from the traffic outside. Location is a big plus with short connection to BTS station so you can't go wrong in Bangkok. Breakfast is amazing and comparable to any other 5 stars hotels in bangkok. A bit minus only wifi seems not be free at the room. We will definitely stay here again if we have a chance.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mattfyr
W Bangkok H, General Manager at W Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2014

Hi mattfyr,

Thank you for sharing your comment with us. I am glad that you had a great time during your stay. I can feel that you loved the hotel amenities, hotel design and location which is very close to the BTS, easy to get around in Bangkok. Breakfast, we pride ourselves in offering our guests with a wide variety of choices, served in the highest quality possible to ensure the best of flavors. We provide free WIFI in all public areas at the hotel but if you looking for WIFI in room, we also have a special offer rate which you can find from here> http://www.whotelbangkok.com/
We are definitely looking forward to exceeding your expectations on your next stay.

Reviewed August 22, 2014

I was supposed to stay in Mandarin Oriental BKK but guess what? I'm so glad that my friends insisted to stay with W BKK. My first experience with W is absolutely amazing & unforgettable.

Their staffs are amazing. Friendly, polite & very helpful especially those in reception & concierge.

I am a "clean freak" who have high expectation in room cleanliness but there is no doubt that their housekeeping have done very good job. The room is extremely clean & tidy. I love the refreshing smell of their shower gel.

W will be my only choice whenever I visit BKK. Thank you for making our stay so wonderful!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends

Hi SilasBeh,

We are totally blown away by reading your review. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed a lot of aspect in the hotel especially cleanliness of guest room and the professional service provided by our talents. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to them. Once again, thank you for your wonderful words and we are looking forward to have you back at W Bangkok again in the near future.