“Everything you'd expect from a luxury hotel in Thailand”
Review of W Bangkok

W Bangkok
Ranked #42 of 859 Hotels in Bangkok
Barcelona, Spain
“Everything you'd expect from a luxury hotel in Thailand”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

I stayed in W Bangkok for two nights back in March and the experience was extraordinary. As a 30-year old I found anything I would expect from a high range hotel: extraordinary service, problem-solving attitudes, trendiness, sophistication, a wide range of services and a great location. The staff would anticipate to my needs at all times, even if it was a towel at the pool or another sachet of coffee in the room, always with a smile or a kind joke.
The breakfast buffet is the most complete I have seen, ever, in a hotel. Probably the highlight of this experience. They even had honey from an actual bee hive!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
W Bangkok H, General Manager at W Bangkok, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Hi Brulavertilo,
Thank you very much for your great review. I’m so glad to hear that you enjoyed all the aspects in the hotel and your experience was extraordinary especially our breakfast buffet. We try to ensure on a daily basis that our respective talents work together and professionally for our guests for a wonderful and unforgettable stay. I will be sure to pass on your comment to them.
Thank you very much once again for staying with us and we are looking forward to seeing you on your next trip to W Bangkok.
Nick Heath

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 23, 2014

A surprisingly good value. $140 per night gets you a W quality hotel. We got a suite upgrade thanks to my travel buddy's spg status. Location could be better if you've never been to Bangkok before but it's nice to come home to a clean, well run hotel at the end of the day.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank gregtakayama
Hi gregtakayama,

Thank you for sharing your great feedback with us. It is good to be a SPG member as you will receive a lot of privileges. Thankfully, we are only a few steps away from the Skytrain station, which really helps avoid traffic all together. If you would rather stay close to the hotel and not travel for nightlife, the Sathorn area is the most up-and-coming location in Bangkok with the KuDeTa entertainment complex just next to the hotel and many new Bistros, Restaurants, Cafes, and Bars down the block on Soi 10 and Soi 12.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at W bangkok for final days of our honeymoon.
We found 'W' to be everything we could have expected & more.
Check'in process with reception was fast, easy & painless (special thanks to JJ). The bell boy / concierge team are fantastic, full of smiles & willing to go above & beyond. Many staff greeted us by our names through the short stay we had which was a lovely touch.
We had the 'Marvelous Room' which was very spacious with its own lounge room, huge bathroom & two toilets. Our room was setup with a lovely surprise variety of cupcakes, complimentary alcohol, ingredients & instructions on how to make our own cocktails, & the bath was filled with balloons for my wife as we were on our honeymoon, a truly lovely touch.
The bedside electronic iPad device controls all lights, A/C etc which i found to be fun.
The bed / pillows were overly comfortable & loved the 'boxing gloves' on the bed, i even purchased a set on my final day.
Breakfast has a huge variety of cuisines to choose. Dinner at 'The Kitchen Table' was great & the 'woO bar' has a fantastic ambience / atmosphere & tasty cocktails.
The pool on the 6th floor is excellent & has underwater speakers 'woW'..
The hotel decor is outstanding as what you would expect from the W'group. We will surly be back in the future.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Damien o
W Bangkok H, General Manager at W Bangkok, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Hi travel_in_styleZ,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us. Your feedback has put a large smile on my face, as I can feel that you left the hotel with such a positive feeling. We try to ensure that all our guests have a WOW experience thanks to our Whatever/Whenever service culture. I will be sure to pass on your personal thanks to JJ, our concierge team, and our welcome ambassadors. Thank you once again and we are looking forward to your return so that we can offer you the same experience.
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Came to the W for a few nights at the end of my trip after travelling around Thailand for a month on my honeymoon. Staff were an absolute delight who filled our bathtub with balloons, and a complimentary fully stocked D.I.Y mojito setup with amazing cupcakes. The room was fantastic.. We stayed in the marvellous suite, and, it was just that!! The kitchen table's breakfast buffet was one of the best I have seen in a long time, and catered to most peoples needs. I thought the a'la carte eggs and omelettes menu (as well as the buffet) was a wonderful touch to ensure the perfect breakfast.
The decor is amazing and in line with what u would expect from the W name.. If you love purple and bling, as I do, then you will feel right at home. Every wall, every feature, every room, and every ceiling, is unique in its design, lighting and colour scheme. Just beautiful. Will definitely be back

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Cherisse R
Hi Cherisse,
Thank you for sharing your great experience with us. I’m glad that you enjoyed all aspects of the hotel, especially our breakfast buffet. Our Executive Chef and culinary team have worked really hard on the buffet setup and taste of breakfast. We pride ourselves in offering our guests with a wide variety of choice, served in the highest quality possible to ensure the best of flavors.
Thank you very much once again for the wonderful feedback and comments;I will be sure to share your comments with our talents. We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next stay at W Bangkok.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

This is my 1st time here but I've stayed in many other W's all over the world. Located on sathorn road, there's the risk one will be caught in a severe jam, and that happened to me on my way from the airport as it was evening peak hour

This hotel is next to Kuteda restaurant, and the famous Healthland massage complex. But other than that, the location isn't ideal to me. Taxis are convenient, but the traffic snarls are a watch out, so plan your trips and timings to avoid those

Check-in was fine, and the minor issue was even though I asked for an English paper delivered to my room, it never came during my stay

The room is expectedly gorgeous, stylish of course, with some local accents like giant gold Muay Thai glove cushions etc. The toilet design is such that there is no door, but there is a curtain. So the toilet bowl and free standing bathtub are "exposed". That's good or bad depending on your personal style and who you're staying with. Also, the basin/sink is pretty but as 1 reviewer mentioned, there's plenty of splash so prepared to get your shirts wet

In -room dining is good with better than normal food quality and service

The gym is of decent size and beautiful of course. Several staff are on standby to assist you in any way. The pool is small but also stylish

Used their meeting room services for 2 days. Very expensive but great service and amenities

Overall a great hotel with minor issues, but nothing of worry. I'm surprised this is outside top 50/60 here. It really should be a top 10 or 20 hotel. The last 20-30 reviews have been positive and they must have been hurt by some negative reviews earlier

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank bcheong
Hi bcheing,
Thank you very much for your great feedback. Your encouraging words have really made my day! I have to agree with you that being in Bangkok’s CBD, this area is at risk of traffic during rush hour. Thankfully, we are only a few steps away from a Skytrain station, which really helps avoid traffic all together. If you would rather stay close to the hotel and not travel for nightlife, the Sathorn area is the most up-and-coming location in Bangkok with the KuDeTa entertainment complex just next to the hotel—as you mentioned—and many new Bistros, Restaurants, Cafes, and Bars down the block on Soi 10 and Soi 12.
We are looking forward to seeing and welcoming you back again in the near future.
Yangon (Rangoon), Myanmar
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Stayed at W hotel during Songkran festival. The location is quite good, a few stones away from Chong Nonsi Skytrain station (fast access to Silom, the boat pier at Saphan Thaksin or even Siam Square). W Bangkok's rooms are very trendy and comfortable (as in any other W hotel) and the breakfast at the Kitchen Table is heavenly and the staff is a healthy mix of cool and attentive to the customers. However, I was a bit surprised there is no locker for the gym. This should be improved.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
W Bangkok H, General Manager at W Bangkok, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Hi Anhangabau,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I can see that you enjoyed most aspects of the hotel especially hotel design and our breakfast. The culinary team has worked really hard on the breakfast buffet to offer a variety of tasty choices. Thank you for your feedback regarding FIT.
We are always happy to welcome you back to W Bangkok
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

I go to Bangkok quite often. Before W is there, usually I stay at ALoft. This time I wanted to try it out the famous W.

Check in with huge hangover because I flew direct from Singapore after long night out. So friendly the check in girl, hand me an apple juice and fresh green apple, she said good to kill my HO...

Arrives in the room, was amazed how pretty they are. The room makes me sexy! Had some good drink and food at Wet Pool Deck with super friendly staffs. Bliss Afternoon!

Planned to get some massage at Away Spa but unfortunately they were fully booked... Down to Woo bar after dinner time, they have variations of fancy drinks and taste so good. Only because I wore casual outfit, everybody looked at me with the looks coz they wore fancy dress, heels, smart attire.

Back to hotel late night, then just realized how far the location from the middle of fun. Too bad!

But overall, I'm a happy girl to stay there and will back there again, ASAP! ❤️

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Riezka
Hi Riezka,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful stay experience with us and I’m glad that our room design made you feel sexy! It is great to hear that you like our WET Deck area but next time when you are at the pool, don’t miss having a detox foot massage in the cabana or on a sun lounger and enjoy a retox cocktail afterward. The location is in the Business district but it is only 2 minutes walking distance from the BTS Chong Nonsi and near many big shopping areas which are only 3 stations away to Siam Paragon (The biggest Shopping area).
Thank you very much for staying with us and we are definitely looking forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Bangkok.