“Favourite hotel in Bangkok”
Review of W Bangkok

W Bangkok
Ranked #42 of 859 Hotels in Bangkok
Moscow, Russia
“Favourite hotel in Bangkok”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

This W hotel is amazing - I have stayed in a few around the world and this one is the best in terms of value for money. W hotels are usually very pricey but not this one. The pool is quite small but this is a city hotel so I'm not sure it needs to be any bigger. The restaurant is great and the rooms are spacious - definitely recommend to everyone!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank polinapetrova
W Bangkok H, General Manager at W Bangkok, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Hi polinapetrova,
Thank you for sharing your great feedback and recommending our hotel. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially room and The Kitchen Table restaurant. The swimming pool is 22m in length but because of the oval shape it does make it seem smaller. The WET pool is open and available for use 24/7. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Nick Heath

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed June 9, 2014

It was the first time we stayed in a W. At first glance the design and the general atmosphere may seem a bit too much but it is a part of the fantastic expérience. Just immerse yourself. We enjoyed the quality of the facilities offered by the hotel such as WooBar, restaurant, gym and the fabulous pool on the 6th floor. I particularly want to thank the concierge, she helped us tremendously when we had a problem with my passport requiring several changes of flights. She handled everything with professionalism and rigor. This allowed us to enjoy the stay despite our troubles.The location is excellent, just next to the BTS station, so you can go everywhere very easily. Our stay was unforgettable, we hope to go back there very soon.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi SuperPSpeculoos,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us. It is good to hear that you enjoyed all the aspects at the hotel especially our facilities. I’m glad that you got to experience our Whatever/Whenever service culture from our Talent. They are definitely an asset for us and this is exactly what we try to do for our guests. I will be sure to pass on your comments to them.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay with us.
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

I decided to spend a night there when my girlfriends invited me to have free sparkling wine 'Girls Bubbles' at Woobar. I cant believe they give away free drinks for girls. (Great to be a woman, eh?) We were took care by khun Bank and Mr. Mohawk

The room we got is so modern, clean and how to describe 'sparkling'. Everything controls by tablet - light, ac and wake up call. What I love most is the bed and the gloves. Love it!
Moreover, my fav necklace was torn.I called Whatever whenever for help. Not long, khun tum engineer came to fix it. Thank you..
The last but not least, breakfast.. We were blown away by choices. Food served in cute package. Yummy!
I will definitely come back

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Technaja
Hi Technaja,
Thank you very much for sharing your great experience with us. We are thrilled to know that you like our room design and the ambiance of the hotel. To have the tablet in our room is definitely a great feature and glad you enjoyed it. Our talents work hard to provide all our guests with the best service quality with our WHATEVER/WHENEVER service culture and also with our beverage and food team, they work hard to provide you with the best breakfast. I will be sure to pass on your personal thanks to the talent you mentioned. We are looking forward to welcoming you in thenear future for you wonderful second stay with us.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 5, 2014

This hotel is absolutely spectacular! I’ve stayed at plenty of W hotels, but this one is the best one I’ve ever stayed in! The décor inside the lobby and our room was amazing. The attention to detail is amazing. My wife and I truly enjoyed the style, the furniture, and the ambiance of the hotel. We ate in the restaurant (The Kitchen Table) and their burger was spectacular! I didn’t expect it to be that great, but it was a very nice surprise! The temp intern/employee at the restaurant was super friendly and came to talk to us after the meal. She gave us an amazing recommendation to see the sunset down by the river to catch an amazing view of Wat Arun. She went downstairs, got the name of the place and directions, and gave them to us. That was a truly spectacular show of service! I cannot remember her name, but thank you! We went to the place you told us, and we absolutely LOVED it!

As I mentioned, we loved the décor in our room. I loved how everything was controlled by the tablet, I’ve never seen that in a hotel before. That was definitely very cool and shows the hotel is ahead of the game. While I liked how the bathroom was decorated, I had one big issue. The faucet was very stylish and had a long neck. I immediately knew by looking in the sink and seeing the silver “stopper” (not movable either) that this would splash water everywhere, no matter how little you turned the water on. And it did exactly that. Water was splashing everywhere in and out of the sink, I mean EVERYWHERE. Somebody thought that form was more important than function here. As a person who suffers from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), this was a big issue for me. For me, water going the sink needs to stay there; otherwise it’s very upsetting. While this created a huge problem for me, I was able to creatively get around it because we only stayed there for one day. Last, there was no hair dryer in the room. We had to call to get one sent up.

We visited the pool for a few hours and loved the unique pool setup. The pool has amazing tiles and colors and was very relaxing. There were very few people up there, and that made it even better. It was great enjoying the pool with skyscrapers all around you.

I really want to give this hotel 5 stars because of how trendy and the super service from the lady in the restaurant, but I cannot. I’m going to give it 4 stars b/c of the faucet issue. Whoever designed it should have thought about how much it would splash everywhere. It’s probably not a issue for most people, but it is for people who are germophobes. I hope they can find a fix for this issue.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
W Bangkok H, General Manager at W Bangkok, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Hi a300zx4pax,
Your comment has put a large smile on my face as we are thrilled to know that you consider us one of the best W hotels you have stayed in. I’m happy to hear that our talent looked after you very well, this is exactly what we try to do for all guests with our Whatever/Whenever service culture. I will be sure to pass on your comment to the team. We’re sorry about the faucet and I have noted your point and will discuss with the team. Next time if you are at the pool, don’t miss having a detox foot massage in the cabana or on a sun lounger and enjoy a retox cocktail afterward.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed June 4, 2014

The design is typical W style. Chic and hip. Woobar right on the lobby is not that mysterious or cool. However all in all clean room with modern W design. Nice pool on 6th floor roof. Very good environment. Free Wifi as a gold member. 3 minutes short walk to the nearest BTS.

I'd like to highlight the very helpful staff at W Bangkok. Helped us to communicate with taxi drivers, made reservation for restaurants and massages. Made great recommendations on the go-to places. Highly appreciated.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank richardcjy
Hi richardcjy,
Thank you very much for sharing your great experience with us. I can see that you enjoyed most of the aspects at the hotel. Our talents work hard to provide all our guests with the best service quality with our WHATEVER/WHENEVER service culture. I will be sure to pass on your comment to them as it will be appreciated. Thank you very much once again for staying with us and we are looking forward to seeing you on your next trip to W Bangkok.
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed June 1, 2014

First time staying at this relatively new hotel in Bangkok. It's located in the Sathorn Road business area next to Chong Nonsi station. Similar to other W hotels around the world it has a modern and chic design, with a relatively funky and dark ambience in both the rooms and common areas. I got a deluxe room on the 22th floor, which had a nice view of the city skyline. The size of the room was not large, but the smart design (semi open bathroom, hidden wardrobe, etc.) made it look more spacious than it is. Everything is the room was both functional and stylish. Wifi was included in our room price, and no problem with both speed and connection.

Service was very friendly as in most Thailand hotels. Ordered room service twice - service was prompt and food was delicious. However the front staff seemed relatively new and inexperienced - the checkin process was very slow and they mixed up my colleague's booking with another guest. It also took them awhile to answer basic questions such as airport taxi arrangements and BTS service. Checkout was a bit faster, except for an error in one of our bills which took a little while to rectify.

Overall I think they are doing a good job and would probabaly deserve a 5 star rating once they gain more experience.

Room Tip: Higher floors have great city view
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
W Bangkok H, General Manager at W Bangkok, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Hi Iris L,
Thank you very much for your comment and great feedback on us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay with us at W Bangkok. We try to ensure on a daily basis that our respective talents work together and professionally for our guests for a wonderful and unforgettable stay. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience that caused you during your stay. We are looking forward to seeing and welcoming you back again in the near future.
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed May 31, 2014

because of the curfew, we were not able to go out to celebrate my friend's birthday... we even didn't have time to prepare anything for celebration after landing at midnite... we, therefore, made an ad hoc request to the hotel manager asking for help... the manager was so attentive and enthusiastic working with the team to give our birthday friend a surprise with a nice birthday cup cake... furthermore, in the next day, another birthday treat and birthday card were prepared at the room... it was full of surprise... the arrangement is so perfect and so sweet... thanks to the manager and the team... we definitely will stay at W again!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Daniel721
W Bangkok H, General Manager at W Bangkok, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Hi Daniel1721,
Thank you very much for sharing your great experience with us. I’m glad that our Talent can provide you with the best service via our Whatever/Whenever service culture. It is our pleasure to make your trip even more wonderful and exceeded your expectations. We look forward to your return so that we can offer you the same experience.