“underWhemling!”

Ranked #40 of 868 Hotels in Bangkok
Hong Kong, China
“underWhemling!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Still at the hotel now, first stay at a W hotel. Must say it's very disappointing. Should have stayEd at to my regular hotels in Bangkok.

Firstly the cab driver have no idea where the hotel is. Wasted time.

Check in was slow. Even though there was no one ahead of me at reception. No welcome drinks, nothing. Not a very warm welcome. I had better service at other bkk hotels.

Room is actually very small for this price range. Tries to be high tech but I still need to manually pull the curtains. seriously??nothing much in the room. No nespresso machine for example. decor is so so.

Definitely doesn't offer much extra. In fact I don't know what extras it offer compared to other 5 star hotels.

probably will never stay in a W hotel after this experience.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank weiyang
W Bangkok H, General Manager at W Bangkok, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Hi Weiyang,

Thank you for you feedback.
We have now done a mass campaign to taxis in the city so W Bangkok should be more familiar very soon. The welcome drinks we have set right next to the waiting area in W Lounge. Also the tea & coffee machine is also set in every guestroom.

I will look into all of your comments as all feedback can only help us improve our services .We do have more traditional brands that might be more to your taste under the Starwood when you next return to W Bangkok.

Nick Heath

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Macau, China
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed there just about six months after its opening but we could find imperfections in the lift lobby and in the room and stain on the toilet floor. This is not the W standard we expected.

We took more than 3 hours attempting to go from Thonglor to W Hotel on a Friday afternoon, because the taxi and tuk tuk drivers as well as the BTS staff didn't know of its location, a helpful local pointed us to the wrong BTS station and the stagnant traffic on the road. That was a painful experience with the luggage on a hot day!

And we notice other W Hotels provide a daily sweet treat but not W Bangkok, a bit disappointed!

Luckily other W elements remain like the smart and beautiful staff, the wow design and yummy food.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Michelle C
Hi Michelle C,

Thank you for your comments. We have done a mass campaign to taxis in the city so W Bangkok would be familiar to taxi drivers. I am happy to see that you liked the design and style of the hotel.

I do hope you reconsider when you next stay in Bangkok to stay with us as we are always happy to exceed your expectations.

Amman, Jordan
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

It's one of the newest hotel in Bangkok and I'm sure this hotel will be one of the best in bkk, very modern hotel very stylish,clean,fashion,calm & wonderful. The room very comfortable the bed I don't sleep in my life like I slept on this bed you enjoy every minute you stay on mattress my room was a studio room in the28 floor you'll enjoy the view especially from the bath tub or when you take shower and see the city from window. Something happens bother me and made me unhappy but I don't want to talk about it and will not mention it because the way of apologize make me very happy again. The pool is fantastic & I enjoy swimming and enjoy the music under water . The spa wonderful but it's new opening so not all treatment is available but I enjoy too much there,check in chech out very easy I recommend this hotel for every one go to Bangkok

• Stayed May 2013
W Bangkok H, General Manager at W Bangkok, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Hi Motaz1,

Thank you for your positive feedback. I am glad to see that you enjoyed the design and ambiance of the hotel.

We looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed at the W for 3 nights in Bangkok this mid May. I have stayed at many W properties, I travel extensively, usually for work and rarely write reviews. This was my first time to Thailand and at first I thought the friendly, attentive, perceptive staff was due to the Thai culture. However I soon realised it wasn't just the Thai staff that had grace and charm it was everyone. Every person we met at the hotel anticipated your next question, or need. What became clear is everyone who works there from the cleaners to concierge takes pride in their job. They all seem as though they want to be there. The breakfast is one of the best buffets I have seen. The hotel is very new and the rooms great. The location is excellent as it is close to the skytrain. Loved this hotel and kudos to the GM for a consistent superior staff.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sabrinax99
W Bangkok H, General Manager at W Bangkok, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Hi Sabrinax99,

Thank you for your great feedback. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay.
I will pass your compliment to the Chef regarding the excellent of food experience you had.

We look forward to your return so that we can offer you the same experience.

Staten Island, New York
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Rarely do I write hotel reviews... but this place was amazing! I could not get over how warmly I was welcomed (anyone complaining must be coming in with a chip on their shoulder) and to top it off, had one of the best meals of my life at Table... The chicken tajine dish there is second to NONE. W Bangkok, keep up the good work! Will highly recommend....

Room Tip: splurge for an upgrade to a suite!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MMAOC
Hi MMAOC,

Thank you for your great comment. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to exceeding all your expectations when you next stay with us at W Bangkok.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed at W Hotel on the 8th June for 1 night, Allocated a Wonderful room and it was really wonderful... although the view was not spectacular compared to W Taipei, the service was top notch. Breakfast at The Kitchen Table was good, service again was top class. 1 of the really major negative factor of W Bangkok is its location... it's far from the city area (Siam and Sukhumvit) and really nothing much to do at night over there, except for Woo Bar. The pool is small and nothing spectacular compared to W Taipei again. Curtains in the room are manual, not automated. This hotel is newer than W Taipei but its facilities seemed much older..W Hotel should seriously consider offering complimentary WiFi in its rooms, charging 240Baht per day for its Wireless service in rooms are way too expensive for the rate they charge for their rooms.

Good hotel, but negative factors are HUGE no-nos

*Tip: a road down from W Bangkok is Health Land, awesome place for Thai massage.. better than Away Spa which I tried in Taiwan*

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank jimmylkw
Hi jimmylkw,

Thank you for the feedback.

We look forward to exceeding your expectations on your next stay with us at W Bangkok

Singapore
Reviewed June 9, 2013

The W bangkok team had made my fiancee and my stay marvelous. I contacted the assistant manager, Pat before the stay and made a request to have my proposal in the hotel room during my 1st night stay. Everything was fantastic from the decorations to the daily surprises provided, which made my proposal a success.

On the 2nd night, the bangkok team surprises us with a complimentary snack which we find very caring and nice of them. Overall throughout our stay, all staff provided wonderful services whenever and wherever we were.

Once again, we will like to "Thank the Bangkok Team" and Pat for the fantastic experience and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi jock9432,

Thank you for your great feedback. I can see that your experience was truly a memorable one.
Reading your review put a large smile on my face as this is exactly what we try do for all our guests through our Whatever/ Whenever service culture. I will be sure to pass on your thanks personally to Pat and the rest of the team.

We look forward to your return so that we can offer you the same experience.