“I Haven't Been Disappointed”
Review of The 9th Cafe

The 9th Cafe
Ranked #1,330 of 10,950 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Bay of Plenty
“I Haven't Been Disappointed”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

The 9th Cafe chain has become one of our favourites when in Bangkok. We have eaten at two in the Siam Paragon Centre, one on the top floor and one on the ground floor, as well as the one in Langsuan. The meals are inexpensive in western terms with adequate portions. We have stuck mainly to Asian foods and have always been delighted with what we have ordered, Although I would rate their fish and chips as one of the best I have eaten. They make an absolutely delicious lychee and mint mixed juice. It you go you must try it.

The Langsuan cafe did fail the steak test however. Our friend ordered steak and gave up on it. It was tough and not very flavoursome (I tried it).

We found service at all 3 cafes was excellent, with no communication problems and happy courteous staff.

• Visited January 2013

• Korean first
  • Thai first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Excellent food.”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Found this place by chance as some friends were eating there so we decided to try it. Really nice food. The beef curry was excellent as was the Thai Chicken curry with Roti. My daughter enjoyed the banoffee pie too. Highly recommend this. Right in the center of the Siam Paragon Food Court but fairly small so it's easy to miss.

definitely worth a visit, maybe two.

Visited December 2012
GB
“Awful”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Went to the one on in Paragon shopping centre. Waiters don't speak English very well. I ordered a steak medium but it came rare so I sent it back. When it came back it was still rare and they didn't replace my sauce. Received very bad customer service at this place so would never return. There are much better options nearby which offer better value for money.

• Visited November 2012
Scotland
“Great little cafe”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed a Thai Green Curry lunch at 9th Cafe. The cafe has an extensive and inexpensive menu. Safer and more hygienic than eating street food this cafe provides a good option for lunchtime. 2 people, 4 beers and 2 main courses and one sharing desert for around 800 baht. Fantastic value. The waiting staff were great too.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank ellysian
Sydney, Australia
“A place for a quite meal”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Well, I did not want to tell anyone as I wanted to keep it for myself. But now I am leaving Bangkok, and feel that I need to let my fellow travelers know about this beautiful restaurant, The 9th Cafe at street (Soi) Langsuan in Bangkok near Lumpini park. It is actually a chain with one more restaurant in the posh shoping complex Paragon at Siam sq in the city centre. But that one is too busy. The 9th on Langsuan is a quite place behind the Holland and American embassies and a "Manhattan" of expats condos. The clientèle is really cosmopolitan, well dressed (expats and local alike). Food is good, price is realistic 10-15 $ main with good menu of Thai and continental. Drinks are good eg Burgundy Pinot, Prosecco (~1400B). They give you pre-chilled flutes for spumante too.

I like their Alaskan Scallops, Som Tam (green papaya salad, that is impossible to get in many establishments but is fantastic street food). In Sydney it is totally different, you can get Som Tam in expensive Thai restaurants only. Stake was a little bit disappointing as we normally are used to thicker cuts, it was more like a schnitzel.

I will miss my restaurant next door...

Shosh