New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Little Beast

Little Beast
Ranked #1,104 of 10,374 Restaurants in Bangkok
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Thong Lor & Ekamai
Description: Little Beast is a gastrobar serving contemporary French American small plates and inventive drinks. Started by a group of friends, Little Beast is a place where we ourselves want to hang out, enjoying delicious food and drinks well into the night.Although Little Beast's official address is in Thonglor soi 13, our actual location is on a off street between Thonglor 11 and 13 which makes our gastrobar quite difficult to find. The easiest way to find us is: From Thonglor main road (Sukhumvit 55), turn into Thonglor soi 11. Go to the end of the soi where you will come to a T (a three way intersection where you will be forced to turn either left or right). Turn right and Little Beast will be on your left about 50m after the turn. Our sign is quite dark (we were inspired by the speakeasy aesthetics after all!), but there is a sculpture of a dog sitting on a bench right outside!
“Tapas in Thailand”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

When I travel back to Bangkok, I will definitely return Little Beast especially for the penne pasta with beef and black truffle mushrooms. This dish had such great flavors that our table ordered a second. I would also recommend the pumpkin tart, but make sure you ordered this as soon as your seated since the dish has a 25-30 minute lead time. If you're craving beef, we had the Australian grilled steak, but be prepared to pay almost 10 times the cost of the other plates offered (about US$73). The steak was mouth-watering, but not worth the price. With the exception of the steak dish, the price of the other dishes average US$8. Unfortunately, the restaurant's website is still under construction, so I'm not able to list the other dishes we ordered. The ambiance is hip, but a bit too dark. Little Beast has a full bar, extensive wine list, and personable bartender. I had my eye on dessert, but was too full.

3 Thank ArtevD

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

Probably one of the best restaurants I have eaten at - and I have eaten all around Europe. No surprises because one of the owners has probably sampled at 90% of Michelin starred Restaurant in the world. Its not a thai place - its more french influenced gastro pub stuff.

the lamb shoulders and the ice cream sandwich is a must have. A meal for two (with mocktails) cost 2000 baht. Phenomenal value as well.

MUST VISIT (ps. was awarded of the the best restaurants in Thailand for 2013)!!

The only drawback is that its a little hard to find. But I suppose thats what keeps the riff raff and tourists out. The crowd was a mix of thai folks and knowledgable expats.

1 Thank N G
Bangkok
“great food and cocktails”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

great food, inventive delicious cocktails, good location. staff were attentive and very professional. possibly the music collection could be improved. BUT i will be back!

2 Thank Vasiliya
Singapore
“Compliments to the Chef!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great ingredients creatively put together and served tapas style, what's not to like? The formally-trained female chef is talented and served up some very good food. Loved the Asparagus and Watercress salad, Raisin and Pistachio Pork Sausages (home-made), the 15-hour Lamb Shoulder (and I don't even like lamb!), and the Fig Bread Pudding.

Ambiance-wise, this being a gastrobar, was a bit more clubby than I would have liked - dark unadorned interiors, raw cement surfaces, and tables that are casually unclothed. I recall lounge music playing as well.

Location-wise it is on one of the side streets off the main Thonglor drag. Getting there by taxi on a Friday night was a [--] - took about an hour from the Siam area, however the restaurant is a little too far to walk from the BTS Thonglor station. Getting a cab back was no problem though, and the affable host, a good looking Thai guy with an American accent, even walked us out to get a cab for us.

You can check out my dining companion's review here:

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MBev
Stanford, California, United States
“A little taste of home 8000 miles from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

I recently visited Bangkok with a few of my friends and after a week of delicious local cuisine, we had a hankering for a taste of home. On a recommendation from a newly met friend, we decided to try the Little Beast and were not disappointed in the slightest.

Smack in the center of the busy Thonglor section of Bangkok, the Little Beast is in a prime location near many hangout bars and a few of the busiest clubs in Bangkok. The atmosphere is lively and the owners (we met both) are obviously very dedicated to the restaurant they have created. The cuisine is an American-European fusion that has been perfected by a chef who trained at the Culinary Institute of America. The dishes are served tapas style and come out of the kitchen as soon as they are ready. We started with the tuna tartar, the artichoke & spinach dip, the asparagus salad, and a complimentary plate of nuts & banana chips. While seemingly unadventurous, the tuna tartar is palatable (I don’t like any fish in general so this is a big compliment coming from me) and the artichoke dip beats any other I’ve tried apart from my sister’s. Lastly, we shared the lamb meatballs (delicious) and a steak fillet that was as good if not better than any I have had in the states. 5 out of 5 stars for quality and taste of food.

As for the alcohol selection, I cannot offer any comments on the homemade cocktails, but the selection is phenomenal in terms of hard alcohol. In terms of beer, you can never go wrong with a Singha in Thailand. We also had a nice conversation with one of the owners who insinuated that they might be working through a deal with some Napa wineries to bring in a larger selection of good wine. After dinning hours, the bottom floor of the restaurant turns into a nice bar/hangout with a friendly and warm vibe. We stuck around for a few more Singhas and a few shots of absinthe (it was our last night in Bangkok) and enjoyed a few conversations with some local patrons.

Start your night at the Little Beast, recover from your food coma with some drinks at the bar downstairs, and then head out into the fantastic Bangkok nightlife.

• Visited March 2013