“Home.Away.From.Home”

Bonita Cafe and Social Club
Ranked #186 of 11,259 Restaurants in Bangkok
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Silom
Description: Pure vegan cafe/restaurant, serving pure vegan western dishes, managed by pure vegan ultra-marathoner. Non fast food. Home-hand-heart-made slow soul food. (good for vegan people, good for vegetarian people, and good for all people.)
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I am a frequent customer at Bonita Cafe and Social Club. The owner and his wife are two of the most caring owners of any restaurant I have ever had the pleasure of meeting and I am thankful for every meal I have here.

The restaurant has everything one could want, from American-style food and coffee to Thai dishes, but all made VEGAN! If you get a chance, go to eat here! Even my friends who are not vegan love the place! :)

1  Thank americanphil

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I was with my friends there bcus my friends said that "you should visit there!". First my friends found Bonita around our hostel and they were fond of that cute little cozy place and the atmosphere of it. So the morning when we leave bangkok, visit bonita again( for me first) and enjoy the place 100%. If there no limit of "Like" I would push more than 100000times :) The food was really nice and healthy ( good for vegetarian or even good for me, not a vegetarian), and the owner was SO KIND and FRIENDLY. She warmly talked to us first and we felt a good feeling. And the tables, chairs, cups, all the furnitures inside were enough to fascinate people who love vintage and those things. (and it was harmonious)
If we had more days in Bangkok, I should definitely think we visit there again. And I will recommend this place to my friend with all my heart.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

This vegan oasis is a great place to come and spend some time using the free wifi while you enjoy freshly prepared home cooked vegan cuisine. I was last here in April 2013 and so I ordered the burger plate that I've previously enjoyed a couple of times. It was even better than I remembered! The teriaki flavour was delicious - the fact that it's a nutritious quinoa burger is also great and the cashew cream was wonderful.

One thing I want to comment on is that to my mind it's good value - I notice some people say it is pricey - but it depends on how you see things. Compared to a meat stick or corn cob on the street for 10 or 20 baht then yes it is more expensive. However if you say I get a whole home-cooked healthy meal - burger, salad and fried potatoes for about $10 New Zealand (say about $8.50 US) it's a bargain! Much cheaper than New Zealand! Good value i think!

I really like this restaurant and it''s owners are a lovely truly hospitable couple. It's not too bad to find and well located. Worth visiting.

2  Thank Bogart04
Reviewed July 28, 2013

The friendliest restaurant in Bangkok. The owner of the restaurant was lovely, the food was sensational. Myself not actually being a vegan, I was very impressed by the quality of the food. The restaurant is beautifully decorated with handmade quilts and Tupperware from around the world. Pretty much all round good vibes.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

As I walked into the little alley in which this tiny cafe lies, I almost wanted to turn around and go to some place in downtown or on a highstreet, but I am so happy i didn't.
All 4 tables were empty, and I found only the young cook(who's also the waiter) and the owner who was listening to Hotel California :)
I had the burger, I have forgotten the name, but Im pretty sure everything would be as amazing as that was.
It looked so pretty when the waiter bought it in, that I almost didn't want to spoil it. And it was as delicious as it was good looking.
I felt like i was eating at home, and it was overall a very good meal. Highly recommended!