“Pleasant and intriguing private dinner experience”

Nang Gin Kui - Bangkok Private Dining
Ranked #287 of 11,463 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chinatown / Yaowarat
Description: Nang Gin Kui is a private guerrilla dining lounge at Bangkok's amazing River Front spoiling guests with a million dollar river view.We serve thai fusion full-course dinner set menus including flowing beverages and wine pairing on selected evenings. Please email us if you are looking for a truly one-of-a-kind experience for special dinners and events. ** Reservation ONLY **
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Highly recommended to expirience. Different than the usual restaturants.. Especially if you come accross other nice and funny customers in the same evening ;-))
Many courses / step menu, beautiful view, friendly host and accomodation. You will remember it!

4  Thank YanaPareva

Reviewed May 22, 2014

Had dinner there with my wife a few months ago. Need to apologize for not writing earlier. The recent award brought Goy and Florian back to my mind. I do not need to repeat what dozens of others have written. The food is very good (not the best in Bangkok, but embedded in the whole package surely worth being called no. 1 in BKK), the "venue" (Goy's and Florian's apartment) interesting. It is a basic apartment in a basic building in a basic neighborhood, yet with spectacular view of the river and the whole area. The most amazing part was the kitchen, nothing more than an open area adjacent to the living/ dining area, with only a 2 heater electrical stove to cook a 12 course menu, that is, very obviously, rated no. 1 in BKK. The price is quite high, yet they buy fresh, in small quantities only the best ingredients, so surely very acceptable. It is almost a miracle what this kitchen can make (sorry, of course it should say what Goy & team can make). You are proof that you don't need fancy equipment, if you have heart and passion, that is just fine.

What makes this package so outstanding, is the sharp contrast between the basic environment (yet very "un- basic view") and the hosts Goy and Florian. I have never been treated with so much heart, never so genuine and never so overwhelmingly fantastic. The sharp contrasts are very confusing (meant very positively), probably the reason why I did not write before.

Imagine an architect by profession and (forgive me Goy for not remembering your original trade) at some stage tour guide in Austria, are preparing a 12 course meal in (forgive me again) nothing more than make shift kitchen, with the outcome of being rated no 1. A real miracle!

The whole experience is so "weird", so strange, so out of the ordinary, it is absolutely worth experiencing. Be prepared to sit on the floor at a traditional low Thai table (very uncomfortable for me, but no other table would fit into this picture).

If you were to write a book about the perfect hosts, or the perfect way of doing things in the service industry, then you would write a book about Goy and Florian. They are role models in this industry and I am surprised, I have not heard of them yet in a uni (the perfect business case) or seen them on TV.

I strongly advise everyone who wants to eat top home cooked food in the most welcoming environment, visit Goy and Florian!

1  Thank Chris M
Reviewed May 21, 2014

This was one of the best meals I have had in a long time. The food was and view were absolutely breath taking. Great place to go and relax with friends and family.

2  Thank johnfranks99
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We were told to meet Florian at the river, near Saphan Taksin BTS...He then took us on a winding path through narrow streets until we reached the apartment building where he lives and hosts his private dinner parties! The view was very nice, overlooking the river, all lit up. We had the free flow wine option, and were served many delicious little courses of Thai appetizers. We took pictures and sat and talked with Florian in a very relaxed, cozy setting. We also opted for a vegetarian/non-seafood menu to cater to the needs of our friends, so the food was custom-selected for our group's dinner. We had at least 6 courses of food, and its set up family-Thai-style with everyone sharing and taking a little from each plate. So, eventually you are filled up with carefully prepared dishes.

What I got out of this dining experience was more the gathering and the space, and the specialness of being in someone's own home- as if it were a close friend cooking dinner for you. After living in Bangkok for a couple years, I knew what Thai food is, so it wasn't all about the food for me. But having said that, I will add that the food was delicious...and just a really nice experience.

1  Thank Erin J
Reviewed May 3, 2014

I had the pleasure of attending a dinner at Nang Gin Kui last week. The food is lovingly prepared by Goy and her family. Florian is a generous host. The view is absolutely spectacular. Is it the "best" (in the critical sense) food in Bangkok, or the most luxurious space, to be fair the answer is no, but it is prepared with the most exquisite care, with lovely, fresh ingredients and it is very tasty and really gives you a sense of home and place. There are a lot of courses so you won't need lunch that day! Wine flows freely, as does conversation, and this group of strangers were able to relax and have a lot of fun together and that is the gift Florian and Goy give to those lucky enough to attend their home and have this unique experience. I would highly recommend it and next time I am in Bangkok I would love to attend again.

3  Thank LisaMel2