“Perfect Night with Friends”

Nang Gin Kui - Bangkok Private Dining
Ranked #37 of 11,838 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Fusion
Good for: Scenic view, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chinatown / Yaowarat
Description: Nang Gin Kui is a private guerrilla dining lounge at Bangkok's amazing River Front spoiling guests with a million dollar river view.We serve thai fusion full-course dinner set menus including flowing beverages and wine pairing on selected evenings. Please email us if you are looking for a truly one-of-a-kind experience for special dinners and events. ** Reservation ONLY **
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Last year, I was surprised to see that Florian had opened up a restaurant in his apartment, and that it had done so well on Trip Advisor. He used to invite some of his friends and aquaintances a couple times a year to his place, which he had knocked down and built back up himself (Florian is a modern architect and designer of custom furniture and zen style freeform glassware, some of which I have gifted to the former Prime Minister, by the way)

Anyhow, I remembered one magical cocktail night when I was invited by a friend to Florian's place, and I remember telling him that he should do something about this unique place and this inimitable experience, and then years later, I accidentally found out that he had done just that. Times Ten. So I posted an event on my InterNations Bangkok site for a small group of people to go try out this new Nang Gin Kui restsurant...and 25 people signed up within three days; we could only squeeze in 15. It was as if I had struck gold and had to fend off the takers. I fully realize that this post is just making matters worse, by contributing to the frenzy. But eight months later, I still remember what a wonderful time we had in that delightful place that is Florian's creation, it is as if he lets you move in for the evening, and he and his staff wait on you hand and foot.

I didn't really want to write a review, because who wants to give away their entertainment secrets? But what the heck! Please, Florian, let us come back with another group. Make one night for us!

1  Thank Pambytz

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Nang Gin Kui is a brilliant place to have excellent Thai food and meet other travelers. The food was great and the wine flowed freely. We were fortunate to spend an evening with six other interesting and entertaining guests, in addition to our hosts. I would love to come back next time we're in Bangkok.

2  Thank craighdc
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Great food, great wine, great company!
We spent a super evening at Nang Gin Kui, Florian and Goy were excellent hosts the food was beautifully prepared and tasted delicious, it really felt you were guests at a friends house for dinner.
Brilliant views across the river and we enjoyed the company of our fellow guests.
Don't hesitate treating yourself to a great evening whilst in Bangkok!
Keep up the good work guys!

1  Thank Jules-63cardiff215
Reviewed March 11, 2014

This was a reasonably great experience. The food was fantastic, the staffs were wonderful and the view was fabulous. I love the idea of placing strangers together at one big table. I met some great people and had an incredibly fun night. Thai traditional food is very delicious. The ambience was brilliant. I had a great time. This is not the place to go if you want a traditional restaurant experience, but if you want to experience something truly different, this is the place to go. Everything was excellent and I will highly recommend it!

1  Thank Angelo F
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This was a reasonably great experience. The food was amazing, the hosts were fabulous and the view was spectacular.

That being said, for the price you pay, you can get similar quality at an affordable price. Hence, I am a little surprised by the #1 status.

There are plenty of restaurants on the Chao Praya river that would offer the same view.

Overall, I am very glad I did it but would probably lower my expectations slightly.

5  Thank Justinational
Florian_Gypser, Owner at Nang Gin Kui - Bangkok Private Dining, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear honored guest of Nang Gin Kui,

first and foremost thank you very much for your decision to enjoy dinner with us !

in addition we are truly thankful for your review and would like to reply/explain to you some details as per below:

- The idea and concept of Nang Gin Kui is to add a completely unique dining experience to the city of Bangkok without understanding ourselves as competing with our fellow restaurant colleagues in town.

- As for the produce and beverages we select and serve only the best possible in the market such as fish from Japan, freshest local organic vegetables and fruits, Sparkling wine from France, Boutique Beer from Laos and a high variety of top level wines from the new and old world (e.g. Chile, Argentina, Italy, France, Australia).

- Our dear guests are spending unparalleled 5-7 hours enjoying a 12 course Thai Contemporary set menu.

The price therefore reflects a combination of an extended unique dining experience with best possible homemade delicacies, unlimited beverages and personal care provided from both owners catered to a group of maximum 8 guests per evening.

In this aspect we are truly proud that you found your particular experience at Nang Gin Kui great, the food amazing, the hosts fabulous and the view spectacular !

thank you so much and wishing you a wonderful day and safe travels,

your Team at Nang Gin Kui