“So glad I went.”

Elements
Ranked #298 of 11,765 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: European, Contemporary, International
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Elements restaurant represents a new generation of lifestyle dining by catering to cosmopolitan guests seeking gourmet food and an exceptional atmosphere without the restraints of traditional fine dining. Elements offers an intimate and engaging dining experience. The open kitchen gives diners an 'up close and personal' feel for the skills and expertise of our skilled chefs - creating, a culinary theatre at the very heart of the restaurant. The wide selection of à la carte dishes at Elements embraces French cuisine with Japanese influences. The menus at Elements are refreshed regularly to take full advantage of the freshest available produce from Thailand and carefully selected international sourced markets. The new menus include a special Rossini menu dishes created by Executive Chef, Antony Scholtmeyer, such as tuna medallion, roast loin of veal and fillet of Wagyu beef served with foie gras and black truffle sauce. These main course prices start from Baht 750++. Elements is a popular venue for chefs of international renown. Over the past three years Elements has welcomed leading Michelin star chefs from some of Europe's top restaurants and more guest chefs are set to cook exclusively for guests at Elements in 2016. Terrace Bar Sipping cocktails under the stars at Elements terrace is a truly memorable experience. Our mixologists have created a number of cocktails served only at Elements and sipping your drinks al fresco at the Terrace Bar is the perfect prelude to an unbeatable dining experience at Elements. Chef's Table The Chef's Table is located in the most dynamic area of the restaurant close to the open kitchen where guests have direct contact with the restaurant's highly-skilled chefs. Sommelier Marc Bittner is pleased to recommend distinctive wines to accompany each course. Wine cellar and more Choose from over 300 labels of boutique and exclusive wines, outstanding Champagnes from France's top houses and a menu of modern, imaginative cocktails. Décor The interiors are a spectacular blend of raw materials, rusty metal plates, charcoal walls and hardwood surfaces flanked by a bold al fresco cantilevered deck that overlooks the vibrant city skyline.
Reviewed February 20, 2014

On this trip I have been staying in hotels that offer clubs which provide enough food during their cocktail hour to fill up any ones need for dinner. After 5 night soy decent club food and not bad airplane meals I decided to give a restaurant a chance. I had been staying at the Okura Prestige and read some decent reviews of Elements and decided to give it a chance.
They offered me the best seat in the house( a single Diner) outside on the corner over looking great views of Bangkok. Clearly the demonstrations in Bangkok have effected the number of diners in fancy restaurants. I chose to sit inside. The menu is written on large boards the tasting menu (five courses plus) looked great but there are also good choices on the ala carte menu. I decided to go with the tasting menu. It cost about $110, a comparable experience in the states would have been a lot more, you can eat well and cheap in Bangkok but this was on the level of great.
I decided to not drink with dinner, they ofter a comprehensive wine and drink menu. From the bread to the first taste of an amuse bouche my taste buds were blown away. I normally do not do oysters but these were phenomenal. The sauces on the plates were so good I wanted to pick them up and lick them. Luckily there was plenty of bread to help. From the soup to the lobster everything tasted great. They told me how on the next night they offer an all you can eat menu for a cheaper price. I was tempted but I appreciated that the meal was perfect in quantity and faced with the option I would have over indulged.
One of the advantages of dining alone is there is plenty of bred and when the bring the candies after an incredible dessert they give you the same number a table for 2 would get. The lighting at the table was perfect for reading but I was so amazed by the food I found little desire to open my book. Service was great, as I expect in Thailand, but they went the extra mile. Every time they filled by water glass the took the time to add individual ice cubes keeping the glass as ice water which I had ordered.
The design of the restaurant, chairs and plates were all great to look at.
I will definitely keep this on my rotation list of great restaurants to eat at and would highly recommend it to others looking for a great dining experience in Bangkok.

1  Thank Jonathon G
Johannes K, Manager at Elements, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Dear docjon236,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this amazing review regarding your recent visit to Elements. We were thrilled to read that you enjoyed your experience with the tasting menu and truly appreciate all the positive comments you made. May I also speak out a big thank you from our Pastry Chef for your compliments about the bread, dessert and petit four which seems you really enjoyed a lot! :-)
My team, Chef Henry and I are looking forward very much to welcome you here at Elements when you"re back in town!

Reviewed February 20, 2014

We had our valentines day dinner here and it was just perfect! The staff was very serviceminded and had perfect recommendations when we ask what to drink.

Johannes K, Manager at Elements, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Dear Amie and Gabriel,

thank you very much to choose Elements for your special Candlelight Valentine's Dinner. We continuously strive to improve the level of our service and your great compliments have been shared with the entire team to recognize their efforts. I am looking forward very much to welcome you back here at The Okura Prestige maybe to one of our Food, Family and Friends Fridays with continious flow food and wine for only THB 2500++.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed February 11, 2014

My boyfriend and I went there for our belated anniversary dinner. He did researches on many fine dining restaurants and ended up choosing this one. It was the right choice. We had a tasting menu without wine paring called "Moments" (which costed about 2300 Baht) since we brought our own wine (corkage fee was 1,000 baht). We were told that the tasting menu is changed every 3 month.

The food was amazing! Don't expect a traditional nothing-exciting food. Every dish had its own unique taste and texture. All of the dishes were nicely executed and tasted very well.

Our 2 most favorite dishes from the courses were
- The Wagyu Beef Tartar. THIS DISH WAS AMAZING!! The raw beef tartar was served with chestnut macaron and perfumed with truffle. The tartar came in a bowl but the soup/stock will be poured over the tartar at your table. The stock was very hot so, if you immediately mix the tartar with the soup, it will be cooked completely.

and - Mediterranean sea bass with caviar, figs, coriander roots and jamon lberico
All the ingredients compliment one another both texture and flavor. The only little flaw was that the fish was over cooked.

Oh! and the dessert was really good! A white chocolate ball filled with chocolate mousse served along side fresh cherries

The service was good and the staff were very nice and insightful. Will definitely go back there again!

Dear MintPB,

"Wow"! A "must try". Thank you very much for making my day perfect with that great review! It is always a challenge to find the right restaurant for such a special day. From the restaurants ambiance, the food and attentive service. Every little detail needs to be perfect. Awesome to hear that Elements was the right location for your anniversary. My team, Chef Henry and I are looking forward very much to welcome you back. Just give me a call for reservation.

Kind regards,

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Not being accustomed to restaurants serving on big, white plates with decorative food displays, I was thoroughly impressed with Elements as the staff made my dining party feel comfortable throughout the evening.
My appetizer was the langoustine - absolutely succulent. We ordered a Le Volte 2010 which superbly complemented this dish.
While waiting for the main course, we were treated to complimentary amuse-gueule which were artistically presented.
My main course, the Jack creek Black Angus grilled, was prepared to perfection; rarely have I enjoyed such a 'melt-in-the-mouth' steak. A glass of red wine, as suggested by the sommelier, was naturally the perfect pairing.
I do not recall the name of my dessert but it may be enjoyed vicariously through the photo.
A wonderful evening!

Dear Ken B,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this excellent review regarding your recent visit to Elements. It was a pleasure to meet you there and i enjoyed our conversation a lot! Your great compliments have been shared with the entire team and especially to our Sommelier Marc who paired the wine perfectly with the food. Let me know when your're back in town to give you the latest news about our tasting menu and imported wines!

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Just a month or so into his new job, Elements' new head chef Henry Jordan is steering the luxury eatery down new and exciting avenues. We had a superb 7-course meal with wine matched by top sommelier Marc Bittner and it really was one of the highlights of our Thai trip.

Wonderful view, ambience and outstanding food.

Antoine P, Food and Beverage Manager - The Okura Prestige Bangkok at Elements at Elements, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2016

Dear PepperStormTravel,

Many thanks for your kind words and "Outstanding" review of Elements.

We are honored to hear that we have been able to make a great 7 courses with wine.

Since your last visit, we have a new Chef and we updated menu to feature French Cuisine with Japanese Influences.

Thank you again for choosing to visit at Elements and we look forward to the next occasion where we can create another experience with you.

Yours Sincerely,