“Fantastic hotel”

Loft 77 Hotel
Ranked #284 of 652 Bangkok B&B and Inns
“Fantastic hotel”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I don't know what these other noodles are talking about but this hotel was great.

When I walked in I thought they had charged me wrong as the rooms were amazing! Bed was comfy and the bathroom was clean and fresh.

Breakfast was nice and there was always a smiley face at the front desk.

A definite recommendation !

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Oliverswift

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Thai first
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 6, 2013

New hotel. Had a nightmare trying to add an extra night to my original booking over the phone, directly with the hotel. Shouldn't have been that difficult as I originally booked by e-mail with the hotel. Just as well I didn't bother in the end. Room was nice as brand new. A/C wasn't that great though. Staff also said the reason they didn't answer the phone whilst my driver was trying to call them to find the location when I was arriving to check in, was due to probs with the phone system. The night guy was good but the other staff were all nice but very fake with it. Other negative issues were that they didn't clean my room until really late the 1st day. Said it would be best to leave the 'make up my room' sign out. 2nd day I left the sign out but didn't realise that the 'do not disturb' side was showing. Whilst it was kind of my fault, I made sure the receptionist guy know to ensure the room was cleaned asap as I left. He came up with some excuse that they weren't allowed to clean in that situation as there may have been a 'friend' in there - even though he knew I was definitely alone that night! Just didn't cut it. They charged a fortune for extra towels and laundry but I'm sure the idiot messed up the calculation and charged me less! Also, they would not allow me to pay by credit card at check out with includng any extras at the end of my stay so I deliberately didn't use the mini bar. They also didn't allow paying for laundry & towels by credit card even though it was nearly 1000 baht.Location was too far from the action and taxi driivers around there didn't want to go anywhere of interest at most times of the day. Wouldn't recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I have yet to visit this place and I hope that I won't have to. I have written numerous emails and messages on Facebook to Loft 77 to cancel my booking with them and I have not received a word from them, not even an acknowledgement. In fact, I made the effort to call to ensure that the booking is cancelled and requested for a written confirmation and I have yet to receive anything!! It's been 2 weeks. This is very frustrating. I even noticed that they've removed my post on their Facebook page. The last thing I need is for my card to be charged because of some ignorant and irresponsible staffs!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank brooksbankphoto

Travelers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

We slept 2 nights in the loft77. The rooms are clean and big, the beds are very hard but that seems to be the standard here in Thailand.

We were in Bangkok waiting for our flight and already went to all major sights. So a hotel outside the center did not matter to us, but loft 77 is extremly far. The advertised 5 minutes to the sky train is more like 15-20 minutes depending on traffic and almost all taxi drivers refuse to take you on even if you show the map and instructions posted on their website.

If you plan on visiting any sights or do shopping do not stay here as it far outside the city. If you just need to wait a few days for your flight loft77 is a good choice.

Tip: from the hotel take a shared minivan on the street instead of a taxi. Cheaper and just as quick.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank ManonChiel
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

I was very very disappointed with choosing this hotel after all the amazing reviews. This was the final hotel of our stay in Thailand and I was hoping for a nice and economical hotel. This choice was the worst of my entire 3 week trip (4 other hotels).

Location: horrifically inconvenient and not close to anything of interest unless you want to be near homeless people sleeping in the streets (there were plenty). They advertise this place as near airport. I guess a 25 minute taxi ride (with no traffic) is considered near the airport to their standards.

Rooms: clean and meager is the best way to describe it. I wasn't expecting a 4 or 5 star resort but I do expect an actual mattress on the bed. This place gives you a box spring with a 2 inch pad covering it. Yup, that's your bed, try having a good nights rest by sleeping basically on wood.

Service: when asked about a good dinner option, the front desk suggested 7 11. We had a room with breakfast package. Never received our breakfast because it starts at 7. When asked if we can have something prepared 30 minutes earlier since we had a flight to catch we were told no.we asked to call for a metered taxi and the front desk again refused and wold only offer their private taxi option for 1000 baht. We got our own metered cab that cost us 130 baht.

This place is not worth even at the low price they may offer. Too many better options. I feel everyone who has reviewed this hotel before me must have very low standards. I personally would prefer to sleep in a car next time instead of this place.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank MarcinoG
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Hey all..

if i want to say about loft in simple terms - its "Superb."
Awesome services by Bay,Annie and Boom.. u guys are wonderful..
Luv u guys..

The hotel is clear like crystal and looks brand new..infact its NEW.

Cost wise- cheap..

Location - great.

What else you look for..

We got all info about the whereabouts in bkk.

I would definitely recommend all of you to try this.

If someone from India, planning to go - we have a hindi speaking indian in next door(shop)

What else!!!!

Explore BKK.

regds,
Raghu-chennai - 9894572567

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank triptobangkok
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed February 8, 2013

The good:
1) quite (we were on the 5th floor)
2) very clean
3) excellent security (security guard was really nice too :))
4) nice sized rooms

The not so good:
1) location to explore Bangkok is awful (15 mins to BTS by bhat bus, allow at least 30 mins if heavy traffic).
2) Some staff simply gave the impression all they wanted was money out of us.

1st example: I cut myself shaving and had a small amount of blood on the towel (5 or 6 small blood spots). They wanted 200 bhat to wash ONE towel. When we say no way the lady backed down and said ok. When checking out the following day, they again said it was 200 bhat to wash it. Again we said no way, and spoke to the manager on the telephone. He said “They make no money on it as that is what they are charged (yeah right!!!) and if we don't pay it, it will come out of the staffs wages.” When I told him again no way we will pay 200 bhat to wash one towel, instead we will either give them some money towards it or we will go buy him a new towel as it would be cheaper, he hung up on us. Ridiculous behaviour from a so called manager.

2nd example: Before the towel incident, we asked them to book a bus to Chiang Mai for us. They wanted 1250 bhat per person. When we said no, they came back with a counter offer of 900 bhat. When we said no again the previously friendly receptionist simply put the phone down on us after mumbling “fine”. We went to Mo Chit station direct and got a ticket for less than 600 bhat per person on an excellent bus. I'm happy to pay some money extra for a ticket when booked through a hotel as its only fair but double the price?? Forget it.

Overall 900 bhat for a double room with A/C & breakfast is a really good price for this standard of hotel in Bangkok, but I wouldn't stay here again if I was offered a million bhat (mind you I could buy them some new towels I guess!) due to the extraordinary behaviour of some of the staff (I must stress some of the staff were lovely) and the location.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank melbourne1973
navapan, Owner at Loft 77 Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
1. The location is definitely 10-15 minutes to the BTS Skytrain Onnut depending on traffic.

For the towel incident, We have house rules policy at our hotel that if guest/s damages any of the items or property there will agree to pay the damage cost which we have put up a sign on top of the safety deposit box.

We do not sell tour but we recommend our client if they have trouble booking it or would like everything done convenincely. Certainly the price would be higher due to the tour company we have to take responsible for guest/s

We would like to apologies for any misunderstandings or any other inconveniences that may have concern you.

We want to revise our review

We have some question that guest who review this but he still come back to vote this review again by himself and give rate poor for us which same people can give only one review