“Very friendly local drinking haunt in Tonglor...but not best value.”
Review of Witches Tavern - CLOSED

Witches Tavern
Cuisines: International
Neighborhood: Thong Lor & Ekamai
Description: A hip, centrally-located haunt in trendy Tong Lo, Bangkok.Happy hour scene is happening here. NIghtly music.Free pizza Friday night. Ladies night on Wednesdays.
San Diego, California
“Very friendly local drinking haunt in Tonglor...but not best value.”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I spent a lot of time at WT while living in Bangkok and found it to be a very
friendly, "Cheers" type of bar--where people do get to know your name even
in SE Asia! It attracts a lot of foreign travelers as well
as expat regulars and local Thais. It was friendlier than many other pubs
I visited in Bkk and I did try others...I have to say it helped a lot to have that
friendliness in a not-so-friendly city. The staff is very sweet and makes an effort to get to know its regulars. I never left hungry after the Friday night free pizza offering-in contrast to what another reviewer has said. If I wanted more I asked for more and it was always forthcoming. That being said, I did not love the food offerings
and tried several dishes...It seems the owner unfortunately tries to cut corners on
the menu which is a pity as the place still has a loyal following as a drinking pub
and hangout for many repeat customers DESPITE some of his actions.
The prices for happy hour kept going up...equivalent to or more than USA
prices for simple beers which seemed crazy to me. I also did not love all
the pentagrams and other satanic insignia around the place but let's remember
it IS the Witches Tavern~! There is music almost nightly I believe...and some
pretty good bands. So all things considered, I still recommend checking it out
when you do a night on the town in Tonglor...It is on the same strip as many
other fun places like Iron Fairies and too many more to name! Start out there
for happy hour beer and popcorn for an appetizer and go from there!

• Visited June 2012

Bangkok, Thailand
“Poor service and inaccurate billing.”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I live near the WT and gave it several chances. No more. The food is less than mediocre with small portions of warmed up leftovers. On more than one occasion the check was incorrect and always in the favor of the pub. Not recommended.

Visited August 2012
Bangkok
“Overpriced, better options nearby”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I work in the area so am familiar with most of the pub options in Thonglor. Witch's Tavern boasts a big menu but the prices are outrageous for the quality/amount you get. I gave the place a second look a few days ago during happy hour (2 for 1 beers and pizza buffet). The pizza 'buffet' meant one pie for the bar to share every half hour. Worst of all, the second beer I got (Singha in a bottle) tasted suspiciously like Archa which is a tactic I would expect from a cheap place in Khaosan. There are plenty of better dining/drinking options up and down Thonglor.

• Visited August 2012