“How thing can change”

Ranked #656 of 11,177 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Thong Lor & Ekamai
Description: A friendly warm House with garden and outdoor terrace.A wide range of italian wines and beers. Traditional Italian Cousine. Home made pastas and breads. Whole wheat and Hemp Pizzas.
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I visited this restaurant a little more than one year ago, and was surprisingly happy with the performance of kitchen and staff. See my review from January 20th, 2013. Came to this place yesterday and discovered that the old proprietor was gone and that he was preplace by some younger man who claimed he was also the chef, although he sat on the porch most of the time with some friends discussing.
We ordered Saltimbocca, which the menu presented as a veal dish. However, it turned out that they did not use veal but pork. When we pointed out this fact, the waitress said they would give us a discount. As the check later came, we noticed that no discount was given and complained to the waitress who then said they could not help. After a while the young chef/owner came to our table and at first tried to defend the check, but after some arguing gave us 20% of the price of the dish and also tried to amend what happened with some extra dessert, although we had had some sweet already. Quite strange. We will not be back.

2  Thank Stisse23
There are newer reviews for Sole Mio

Reviewed January 16, 2014

The search for epic pizza in Bangkok is finally over. I've tried plenty of the items on the menu here and I can honestly say I'm blown away by the food and experience. The pizza is superb! These guys (both Italians) know good food with quality ingredients and the man in the kitchen is a real pro. REAL Italian cuisine, great location, and always a good time at Sole Mio.

2  Thank Troy_in_Bangkok
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

one of my favorite pizzerias in bangkok, pizza good, the staff is very friendly. the owners are very friendly and nice. typical Italian hospitality and great prices! Every time it's always a great pleasure to have dinner.

2  Thank Stefano-wmp
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

I'm italian and after a couple of weeks in asia I really wanted to eat a pizza.

I read on tripadvisor good reviews about this restaurant and I wanted to try it.

The atmosphere and the service was tipical italian: quick, simple, polite and really good.

We took 2 pizzas and one "panna cotta" for dessert and they were delicious.

Not all the "italian restaurants" you see around are really Italian, but this one felt like at home.

Really recommended

1  Thank David D
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Just had a few pizzas with friends and it is a nice relaxing place. I thought we were there late at 8pm on a Sunday night but several tables arrived later (and left before us!). Thin pizzas, crunchy pillowy crust, slightly dry overall but tasty, so maybe ask for extra tomato sauce if you like that style. The house wine was good and about 900 for a liter carafe. The expresso was luke warm, I guess I got the first one out of the machine. Free Limoncella at the end. Someone pointed out the owner but he didn't make rounds to the tables, not required but it would have been nice touch. I'd definitely go back, good food and good prices. Outside seating looked good, but we sat inside A/C which was up to the task. Charming, attentive staff.