“Good burgers”

Cuisines: Fast Food, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Banglamphu
Description: A casual place where only unusual Food & Drinks are served.
“Good burgers”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

First of all i must say, the people behind Escapade are unique. You either like them and like what they do or the complete opposite. They do have a strong belief in what they do and I'm sure no one can change their way.

Tiny place...5-6 seats by the bar, a couple more inside and about 5 tables at the back in the garden. Be prepared to move all the time if sitting by the bar. However, I found it lively and had a nice friendly atmosphere. We were seated right by the cocktail section and got to see and taste a lot of really good cocktails. The mixologist was excellent amd every cocktail came out perfect.

They were out of the regular buns on our visit so we all opted for the chocolate bread. We all ordered the quarter cow with hash browns. Burgers were cooked very well, a lot of taste and easier to eat than you would expect. However, I did find the burgers a little too salty. I'm not sure if its the bun or the seasoning as my friend who always has a regular bun says its not this salty. ( Must go back and taste again with regular bun). No ketchup here apart from their own mix and gotta eat with your hands (no fork if you Thais are wondering).

Overall, I must say that i really did enjoy this place. Good burgers, great cocktails and for our group...great service from all the staff right down to the owner. I have to rate Escapade top 3 burger places in Bangkok

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Mhom

• Thai first
“Love eating here”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I don't like writing the longest reviews so to keep it short and simple I really enjoyed the food. It would be cool if it was a bigger place I would love to see what they could do if they were given more room. I like the art, atmosphere and the whole feel of the place. Great little interesting burger joint with some cool drinks

• Visited July 2014
“Nice burgers! Service could be improved”
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Went here a few weeks ago for a meal in the evening. The burgers were very nice, juicy and cooked as ordered. However, we also ordered two shakes with the burgers. I requested for the Oreo Shake which has ginger in it, to come without this. But they said there was no way they could do this. I decided to order it anyway but unfortunately didn't really like it, although this was due to personal taste. This slightly ruined the meal for me (although my boyfriend who finished both thoroughly enjoyed it). I know it was my fault for ordering a drink I was unsure about, but felt the staff could have been more flexible with this as it wouldn't have affected them badly in any way, in fact saving them ingredients.

12 Thank AmyA1200
“Worth the wait”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

I just had my first meal at Escapade Burgers and Shakes. I had read reviews regarding weekend wait times and they were right. It was a wait of about 40 minutes on a Saturday evening but it turned out to be worth it. I had the dark chocolate bun with a beef patty and was very impressed with the flavor. The peach shake was either the best or right next to the best shake I have ever had. They truly know what they are doing with the food and beverages there. It was a delightful experience and I will return on a regular basis. A double thumbs up to this place!

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank Terry P
Bangkok
“The best burger Ive had in my entire life.”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

The beef burgers are AWESOME. The best Ive ever had EVER. The shakes are also very good. The prices are very reasonable. The only thing I don't like about the place is the smell of cat poo in the back of the shop. though...MUST VISIT.

• Visited May 2014