“for hanging out”

Neighborhood: Sathorn
Bangkok, Thailand
“for hanging out”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I happened to be here for a wine tasting event. Food here were ok though not the very best; at least enjoyable. It is more like a place for hanging out with a couple of friends and drinks. There is a decent selection of wine list ranging from table wine to first growth.

• Visited November 2013

New York
“Great Lunch Specials and Burgers”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I love this place. Great food and beautiful atmosphere. They have jazz nights which are great. The burgers are some of the best I have ever tasted in Asia.

Visited October 2013
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
“A good restaurant gone bad”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This used to be a great value for money restaurant with generous portions. Now it is quite the opposite. I had a 3 course meal for 1200 baht ++ and the main meal (which was delicious) was just two bites of fish.. shockingly small portions. I am about 150lbs and by no means a big eater but I was left feeling hungry (along with my date) at the end of an expensive meal.

• Visited September 2013
Kuala Lumpur
“Totally ruined my evening”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

It left me with a sour taste and a rotten mood.

I'm not saying the service or food is bad per se, but with the price you're asking for, we're definitely expecting more, much much more.

The waiter waited on us with her uniform from the Cascade Club gym from downstairs.

When we asked for a butter, there is no butter knife.

The portion for food is ridiculously small. A thb900 duck confit is literally a small thigh.

When we ordered a dessert to share, it didn't occur to them to bring two spoons, even when it's glaringly obvious.

With that kind of profit margin, there is no courtesy of offering a small glass of water.

Some feedbacks, if you're trying to compete on food alone, you are nowhere near. If your guests has to order a second meal, there is something wrong with your portion size. If you are asking for a price that is at least double what other higher-end restaurants are asking for out there, then you better be ready to deliver on the service. I'm a resident at Ascott residence, but I'm definitely not coming back here and would discourage anybody else to. Again, the food and service are not good per se, but with the price they are charging, it's one of the thing I've paid that's of LEAST value ever!

• Visited August 2013
New York
“Nice Jazz”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I went there on Thursday when they had jazz band playing. It's quite relaxing and fantastic.

Food is ok, price isn't that bad. I went there for the jazz.

Visited May 2013