“Good location - Near platinum mall (shopping) & pratunam market (food)”
Review of GLOW Pratunam

GLOW Pratunam
Ranked #91 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Bottomline - Stay here for close proximity to platinum mall shopping and pratunam street food. Reconsider if you plan to head out via BTS most days. Take caution against taxis which refuse to go via meter.

Pros:
1. <5min walk to platinum mall for shopping
2. <5min walk to pratunam market, where you can fuel up on street food in the morning before you head out, and late at night when you return. From Glow hotel, walk towards the overhead bridge to platinum, turn left at the first (for Petchburi Soi 19) or second intersection (for pratunam market) and walk straight in.
3. It's also very near to the popular Saeb x2 Wonton Noodles (Petchburi Soi 19), although I personally don't understand the appeal (but that's another story - will write a separate review).
4. 10min walk to BIG C supermarket, streetfood stalls (you need to eat the salted grilled fish!) between platinum and CentralWorld.
5. Big clean room, comfy bed, torrential showers
6. Complimentary 2 bottles of water per day

Cons:
1. At least 15min walk from nearest BTS station (Ratchathewi/ Siam), so if you plan to head out most days, you may want to reconsider. This applies to all hotels in pratunam area.
2. Room may get too cold at night (solved by switching off the air-conditioning)

Note of caution: Taking taxi to the Suvarnabhumi airport - there will be a few taxis waiting outside (and even those which you flag down), offering to take you to the airport for 300-400 baht. I would advise against taking up their offers. It usually costs ~200 baht (including toll fees), if you go by meter. Luckily for my friend and I, the security guards at Shibuya 19 were very helpful and we managed to get a taxi driver who agreed to go via meter, using their help. So, a big THANK YOU to those friendly security guards! :)

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
7  Thank borderless_w

Reviewed May 16, 2014

We just stayed three nights with the hotel and this is definitely the best for fans of platinum mall, given it's close proximity and the amenities around it.

The hotel lobby is located on the 7th floor but the moment your cab arrived at the shopping mall (hotel is on top of Shibuya Mall) the staff who is on duty at the ground floor will help you with the luggages. Upon arriving you'll be asked to rest in the lounge area while the staff do the checking-in and the welcome drink they served is absolutely the best we have ever tried! We asked for it each time we walked past the front desk and were never rejected :)

We were given a room on #15 with a wonderful city view. The room and restroom are huge and new. Water pressure in the shower is good too. There were already four bottles of mineral water when we checked-in and they were refilled every day. I have stayed in a mixture of big chain and boutique hotels around the world and some claimed to have the best/signature bedding but the one in Glow was one of the most comfortable I've rested on. The only complain of my stay is the air condition (room) which is way too cold, despite our repeated attempts to adjust it to highest but it still didn't help.

During our stay, we had a chance to peep into the room which is the corner deluxe. It comes with double sink and the room size is impressive. Definitely worth staying if you like to have more space or if you have triple sharing.

Breakfast is provided. Nothing special but just good enough. We only ate fruits and yogurt as we preferred to eat the street food outside the hotel.

You will not be bored staying in this area. Massages are everywhere and there is a night market 10 mins walk away. The hotel itself has a massage centre on the 6th floor and they are very good too! They are opened till 2 am and are very popular with hotel guests. They also occupied a corner in the hotel lobby (#07). Service is 350B per hour but if you come during happy hours (11am to 5pm) it's only 300B. Now you know where to send your partner if you need some shopping time in Platinum mall...

This is a fantastic hotel with fantastic service and we are very happy with our choice. We will definitely stay here again should we visit Bangkok.

Room Tip: Corner suites are really big and spacious
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank chriskoh7770
Reviewed May 15, 2014

We had a wonderful 3 nights stay at Glow Pratunam and will definitely come back again. The staff were helpful and courteous and they even upgraded one of our rooms in order for us to have connecting rooms. The rooms and the buffet breakfast were wonderful and the restaurant management even granted my request to serve the delicious orange juice drink for buffet breakfast on my last day stay. The location is excellent with all the popular malls within walking distance. Overall, we would say the hotel stay is worth more than what we paid for and I would recommend it to whoever plans to stay at Pratunam area in Bangkok.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I had a really pleasant 3 nights stay in Glow. Check in and check out was a breeze. It was our anniversary trip, so we were upgraded to Glow Suite. The room was awesome; very comfortable and spacious with a simple yet clean design. The staffs were all very friendly and helpful. Location is awesome as it is located above Shibuya19 mall and opposite of Pantip Plaza (IT mall) and Platinum Mall.

On our last day after check out, we went down to the bellboy counter but no one was there. It was nearly 12pm so I guess all staffs were busy so we walked to the entrance of Shibuya19 to see if any taxi is willing to take us to the airport. A taxi driver walked over to us and offered to take us to the airport in his blue MPV (Toyota Innova) at 500baht with tollway fees included. It was a little higher than metered sedan taxi but we were too tired to negotiate or find another taxi and the man looks honest and nice, so we agreed.

Unfortunately, our nightmare started when we reached the airport. We carelessly left our backpack in the passenger seat and when we realized it, the driver already drove off! We had no idea what is the taxi car plate number. We do not have his contact number or driver's name. Basically, zero information. We felt lost and the only thing I could think of is to call the hotel to ask for help! I was just hoping the taxi will go back to hotel to pick up more guests so probably the bellboy could help to ask if anyone is holding my white backpack.

I called Glow and spoke to Poj, I guess he’s one of the bellboy or concierge manager. He asked me for all required information and he said he will file my report and send it to their security team. If they found my bag, they will send me an email and they can help to courier the bag to me. I explained everything and gave all information. We felt really down knowing that we lost all our belongings inside the backpack which includes a 3-months-old Sony camera, Sony PS Vita, a powerbank, a mobile charger and some other misc items. After around 2 hours, I checked my email inbox and to my surprise, I saw an email from the hotel Front Office Manager that they found my bag and attached a photo in the email! So quick and efficient! We couldn't believe it and we were so relieved to see the email and immediately replied with our mailing address and the rest was history.

I feel so surreal that all this happened only 2 days ago, and my bag is now already on the way from Thailand to Malaysia by Thailand post EMS courier service!

I wish to say a big thank you to the Front office manager, Mr. Toto, who corresponded with me through email as well as all the hotel staff and whole team involved including Mr.Poj (the first person I spoke to on the phone). They really go the extra mile to help their hotel guests even checked-out guests like me with full urgency. Although Glow may be just a 4 star hotel but their service is so good that I think they are as good as 5 stars or even higher. I'm truly impressed! Keep up the good work, Glow!

If you’re looking for a hotel to stay in Bangkok, I personally highly recommend Glow. I am definitely returning to this hotel again on my next visit to Bangkok!

Room Tip: Book their Glow Suite if you have the budget. Perfect for couples or honeymooners. You will not regr...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Christynlee
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Fans of platinum mall will love this hotel, given its close proximity to the mall (it's just across the road!). The hotel is conveniently located within the Shibuya 19 shopping mall, and just a street away from the pratunam wholesale market. We loved the friendly staff and great service there, and will definitely stay there again on our next trip.

We were a bit lost when we arrived as the taxi driver was not sure of the exact location. After we checked in they provided us with a map and address in Thai, which was very useful!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are huge with bathtubs
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2014

A new boutique hotel which is located at a great location - Just opposite Platinum mall, and besides Pratunum market.

Service provided by the staff was excellent too. Breakfast provided was also quite sumptuous, for the average hotel price that we paid paid.

Will be back again definitely!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Very nice boutique hotel. It's located inside a mall, so you'll have to take the elevator to the lobby and then switch to another elevator to get to the room. Welcome drink upon check-in. Room was nicely decorated for our honeymoon.

Location: inside a mall, inconvenient as you have to switch elevators, but overall, very central location. You can easily walk to shopping centers, supermarkets and restaurants. Train is around 10mins walk away. Since its not actually located in central (but very close by), getting away with tuk tuk is very convenient as you can avoid the traffic

Room: very clean and roomy. door is sensored so you must slam it quite hard or else it won't lock properly. Free internet

Room service: very reasonably priced but not a lot of choices

Value: great value for what you get.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple