Bottomline - Stay here for close proximity to platinum mall shopping and pratunam street food. Reconsider if you plan to head out via BTS most days. Take caution against taxis which refuse to go via meter.
1. <5min walk to platinum mall for shopping
2. <5min walk to pratunam market, where you can fuel up on street food in the morning before you head out, and late at night when you return. From Glow hotel, walk towards the overhead bridge to platinum, turn left at the first (for Petchburi Soi 19) or second intersection (for pratunam market) and walk straight in.
3. It's also very near to the popular Saeb x2 Wonton Noodles (Petchburi Soi 19), although I personally don't understand the appeal (but that's another story - will write a separate review).
4. 10min walk to BIG C supermarket, streetfood stalls (you need to eat the salted grilled fish!) between platinum and CentralWorld.
5. Big clean room, comfy bed, torrential showers
6. Complimentary 2 bottles of water per day
1. At least 15min walk from nearest BTS station (Ratchathewi/ Siam), so if you plan to head out most days, you may want to reconsider. This applies to all hotels in pratunam area.
2. Room may get too cold at night (solved by switching off the air-conditioning)
Note of caution: Taking taxi to the Suvarnabhumi airport - there will be a few taxis waiting outside (and even those which you flag down), offering to take you to the airport for 300-400 baht. I would advise against taking up their offers. It usually costs ~200 baht (including toll fees), if you go by meter. Luckily for my friend and I, the security guards at Shibuya 19 were very helpful and we managed to get a taxi driver who agreed to go via meter, using their help. So, a big THANK YOU to those friendly security guards! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- GLOW Pratunam is located on the 7th to the 20th floors of the Shibuya 19 Fashion Mall which is situated in Pratunam, one of Bangkok's commercial hubs, renowned for its affordable and trendy markets, bazaars, and street vendors. Mere footsteps away from the very best that Bangkok has to offer, you can enjoy the comforts of your room and explore the city. Within minutes you can reach Central World Shopping Mall, Siam Paragon Mall, Gaysorn Shopping Centre, Siam Centre, Siam Square, Platinum Mall, Pantip Plaza, and Erawan Shrine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your GLOW Pratunam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.