“Very new hotel with great service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of GLOW Pratunam

GLOW Pratunam
Ranked #81 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore, Singapore
“Very new hotel with great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights at this hotel, and it was a great stay! The hotel was ideally located on top of Shibuya mall, and opposite Platinum Mall. For the shopaholics, there's also a wholesale area a street from the hotel. The counter staff were very attentive, and they even remembered my name while addressing me. The rooms were very clean, and the fittings were all new, since they only opened in August and were still in the soft-launch phase. I liked that they provided the shampoo and shower gel in dispensers, rather than small bottles. This is a good green initiative, although some people might interpret it as being "cheap". I'm really pleased with this hotel, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone going to Bangkok.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank daoyang_lin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bangkok
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

I had not heard of Glow Pratunam until a friend recommended it to me. I know it was centrally located right smack in the center of a major shopping area of Bangkok. What I did not expect was the high standard of service throughout the hotel. Everyone was obviously well trained and seemed happy in his work. This is enough of a reason to stay here.

Being a new hotel, the rooms were clean, brightly lit and very contemporary. The bed was extra comfortable. The rooms had all the necessary amenities as well as a good LCD television with a sensible selection of multi-language channels. Nice wall paintings complete the modern experience.

As a budget hotel, the restaurant options are limited, but the burger we had from room service was outstanding. The lady who took the order was cheerful and very professional, even asking how the burger patty was to be cooked. Our family also thought the pool and sauna were excellent.

Overall, Glow Pratunam is fantastic value for a place that is a shopper's paradise. Situated in the heart of the bustling Pratunam area and in the Shibuya retail clothing center, it occupies probably one of the best hotel locations in Bangkok. If you are in the city meaning to shop till you drop, you cannot do better than a stay at the Glow.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

Just would like to compliment on your excellent service during our stay from 3-5 Aug 2012. You and your staff have provided an excellent service and has made our stay wonderful and hassle free.
Of course, not to forget for the complimentary room upgrade and also the late checkout provided. It has make our stay even more comfortable and we are able to do more last minute shopping on our departure day.
All staff have provided excellent service and I'd like to especially compliment two of your employees, Toto and Foamie for the excellent service they have provided us during our stay.
Both of them have given constructive suggestions and shown their expertise/knowledge in their job. They have given us useful information and also directions to the attractions.
We have felt warmth with the hospitality provided by your hotel.
Such a commitment to great customer service is to be commended. You can be sure that I will highly recommend Glow Pratunam to my friends going to Bangkok and will definitely stay with you guys again for my visits to come.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Bangkok, Thailand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

We arrived there and immidiatly found this place to be strange. They try to overdue it with concept and design bt forget to focus on the guests and guest needs. Our key cards did not work and we did not get even an apology when we came back down. The bell service took aver 20 minutes and the room was smelly of chemicals and dusty and the bed was rather hard. TV channels not all clear and the food in the Luna Cafe was horrile as we had some lunch there and the breakfast was standard at the best; and it took almost an hour to get the main courses. We cuold keep going on but no need to waste anyone's time any further. We however enjoyed the Cafe staff as they were very friendly but at the reception they were rather short withns as they were not organized. We stayed only me night and changed to a hotel around the corner which was truly 4 star....the Glow is not!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank Werner R
Admind, General Manager at GLOW Pratunam, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear Mr. Werner,

Thank you for taking your time to leave us a review and I was pleased to learn that you were satisfied with the service delivered by our café staff.

However, I was concerned to learn that you found the room smelly of chemicals, dusty and TV Channel issue, which it would be most helpful if you could share your full-name or the room number that you occupied during the stay, so that we could investigate the right room thoroughly.

Regarding the front desk staffs, we already notify the Front Office Manager to look into the concerned area to improve the service procedure.

Related to the delay in food and beverage area, we also passed your comment to the department to investigate this case to prevent the future delay.

I would be very happy to communicate further with you to discuss more about the difficulties you found during your stay with us; I can be reached either by phone at +66 2 257 3999 or by e-mail at gm.pratunam@glowbyzinc.com.

Kind regards,

Jeerasak Loturit

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

I stayed for five nights in this hotel. The hotel is very well situated in the center of Bangkok. The hotel seemed brand new. The reception staff are polite and discreet. The room was very well furnished in vibrant warm colors. The bed was so comfy ! Overall, a very good hotel and service provided to guests.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

My daughter and I plus her friend and friend's Mum stayed here from Aug 10th to Aug 13th. We found the hotel staff extremely friendly and helpful especially the Manager Khun Toto.
The rooms were fairly large and very clean. We were very surprised that we were one of the pioneer guests since they only opened on Aug 1st. There was no language problem as their English were quite good.
We felt so at home and even had the chance to take photos with the staff when we checked out.
Since our holiday was for pure shopping, the hotel suited us very well.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

I have travelled a lot and one of the thing that matters to me is the staff and Glow Pratunam has one of the nicest and the most cordial I have seen and met in a long time, They were always ready to serve with a smile. From the people at the reception to the service staff, everyone was ready to help and went out of the way to make sure my family was well taken care of. I was travelling with my kids, my younger one is only 10 months and before I could mention it, they had the baby cot ready for him. The service staff was always prompt and my room always clean when I returned after a long day. The front desk suggested the best place to visit and were very knowledgable about Bangkok.
Now the room, our room was on the 14th floor with a fabulous view of the swimming pool. The room was spacious, had lots of space even after the baby cot. It was clean and sparkling like my daughter says. The bathroom equally spacious and clean.
Overall I am very happy with the hotel and the experience... Absolute value for money and I recommend GLOW to everyone to who visits Bkk, I most definitely will stay there again.

1 Thank KejalG