Hotels.com
Priceline
Go to your Happy Price
Julian C
Koh Chang, Thailand

Reasonable overnight stay place, not more.

Review of Elizabeth Hotel
2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Dec 5, 2010
We had been driving for hours and needed a place to stay quickly. The rate was 1,200, including a so-called breakfast. Mostly Thai dishes, so as other reviewers say, not one for westeners really.

The hotel is tired, and musty, but reasonably clean. Also close to Chatuchak Market which is what we wanted the next day.

A strange extractor fan near the floor level below the window. Most odd. It wanted to suck out the curtains. Maybe if you did your cooking in the room this could be useful, but I really can't fathom its purpose.
Date of stay: December 2010
4.0 miles from Elizabeth Hotel
5.2 miles from Elizabeth Hotel
3.8 miles from Elizabeth Hotel
View more hotels in Bangkok
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 6, 2009

This once stylish upscale hotel, is now very old and tired and it shows. Unlike most older hotels in Thailand, desk staff absolutely refuse to negotiate a reasonable rate. It was obvious the hotel had few guests. We paid 1,200 baht including breakfast. We were tired and did not feel like shooping around so we reluctantly agreed. The room was OK but very worn. The breakfast buffet was not tasty at all. For foreigners, eggs (not cooked to order) toast and hot dogs. (no bacon or ham). I can only describe the coffee as insipid. The rest was Thai food, which I found not tasty at all and my Thai wife agreed, in fact she said it was very bad.

Date of stay: November 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Marshall H
Reviewed December 8, 2008

The hotel is average, good enough for me. Breakfast was OK. However the farang rate for us was 1,200 baht. My wife went in first and they told here 1,000 baht when I walked in and said I was with her they said the farang rate is 1,200. Amazing Thailand.

Date of stay: December 2008
    • Check in / front desk
4  Thank maimee95
Reviewed September 1, 2007

This is the first time I have taken the time to write a review.My wife and I had the same experience as the people from Ravensburg.
We were told 900 baht and as we got to the desk the price was raised to 1400 because I am white.

Too late to change we stayed one night.

The hotel smelled musty the room was shabby and the bathroom needed repairing.

There are only about 7 tv channels all Thai.

Breakfast was Thai except for some small sausages and eggs which had been there for ages and were cold.

Unbelievably in the room was an open extract fan built into the wall about 12 inches from the floor under the window.
We were scared to let the children on their own near it in case they put a finger in.

The place is a disgrace, we would not stay there again.

Unfortunatley I have been over charged in other Thai hotels and made the mistake of complaining.

Dont bother they just make it worse.
I wish I had read this earlier, I will definitly check this site before I go to Bangkok again.

Hope it helps.

Date of stay: August 2007
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
6  Thank annitrouble
Reviewed March 18, 2006

The hotel is reasonable for its rates. The room is of reasonable size and the toilet is clean. But the corridor has a weird smell and is quite unpleasant. The bar fridge food is cheaply available. But its really hard to order room service coz the staff don't really understand much English and the only dish we tried was terrible. The breakfast has a mixture of Thai food and limited Western food. So if you are looking for American Breakfast, this is not for you. However, the local food, of the dishes that I tried, are quite refreshing and nice.

The hotel is near Chachuchak Weekend Market and Airport but its a bit far if you wanna go to Siam Square. Overall, I feel that for the price of the hotel stay, it is good enough,with some minor problems which I guess come with most of the hotels.

Date of stay: January 2006
4  Thank Stephanie W
Reviewed October 22, 2005

Thought I would give an alternative view to ones that seem to be on the web. We stay at Hotel Elizabeth everytime we are in Bangkok. We like the location as we visit Chatachuk market and the hotel is very close to the sky train and subway stations. We find the help VERY friendly and polite. They remember us each time we arrive. The room is more than adequate for people who are looking for a room at a great rate. The breakfast is a fantastic Thai breakfast. This is truly a Thai hotel that is not catering to foreigners. If you're looking for a Thai experience you'll get it here. If you want western standards, you'll have to go elsewhere.

Date of stay: April 2005