“Getting from Airport to Hotel and Hotel Location.”

Chaophya Park Hotel
Ranked #391 of 867 Hotels in Bangkok
Chesterfield, Missouri
“Getting from Airport to Hotel and Hotel Location.”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We arrived at the airport at 11:00 PM and were originally concerned about how to get from the airpot to the hotel.

Ended up not being a problem since taxis were readily available. Just follow the signs to the public taxi stand at the airpot and tell the starter where you want to go. There were four in our party. The cab fare was 400 Baht or $12.00 US for all of us and was a fairly quick late at night. One item to note is that since the taxis run on natural gas, the trunks are small so we had to keep one bag with us inside the cab.

The hotel is not located close to the central city. It's around a 20-25 minute subway ride to the central city. The subway stop is a short five minute walk from the hotel.

In general the hotel is fine. We spent five nights there. The breakfast buffet was the best one that we had in 19 days in SE Asia.

If you are looking for a private tour guide in Bangkok, I would recommend that you look at the Thai Tour Guide on Trip Advisor.

Room Tip: Take the subway and other forms of public transportation to get to the central city.
Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bob1600

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed December 4, 2013

One nice and comfortable hotel in Bangkok, with nice room and good service. The staff there very kind, I like much the breakfast.The building in the hotel so traditional, even the Guard house so typical Thailand building.

Room Tip: high level for nice view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank white j
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I stayed at the hotel 16 months ago, I must admit that the hotel has since gone downhill. I was given a room on the top floor, a nice size but it was looking a little jaded around the edges and run down....
The shower in the room did not work...
plus point is that the hotel staff are very friendly and price is reasonable..

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Singapore
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I have stayed at Chaophya Park Hotel umpteen times over a period of 10 years now and this is my 3rd review. I am seeing the deterioration.
From the front desk to the restaurant staff, none of them were similing. This was a total contrast compared to the first time I set foot in this hotel.
The only person(s) I know who smiles is probably the bellboy (who works the night shift) and some of the housekeepers.
I was given a room at the corner of 14th floor last week, the carpet smelled, paint on walls were peeling off and the wooden door was rotting.
It seems that this hotel is losing its focus. There were a lot of Chinese tourists and not many of the international business travellers. I maybe wrong.
I am seriously considering to change my hotel on my next trip to Bangkok.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Nickel69
Reviewed September 17, 2013

During our stay in Thailand we used this hotel twice first stay was ok but first room offered smelled of damp so we requested a room change. All you can eat breakfast overpriced cheaper to order room service. Second stay not so good,hotel is racist, restaurant manager approached us twice when we went down for breakfast asking if we were actually hotel residents as if we'd just walked off the street even after my husband had given the gentleman our room number twice he still came back again, staff were staring & giggling it was overall bad experience for an international hotel it's staff must see people of colour & to be treated like animals in a zoo it's disgusting will never stay there again !!!!

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank MrsSeiv43
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed September 11, 2013

“I was very impressed by the consistently good customer service, from the valet to the bellhop to the front desk to the room service - all outstanding in Bangkok. The amenities and the facilities are great.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jesse J
Reviewed September 5, 2013

The hotel is just ok. The room condition is quite dated. The furnitures smell like my grandma's old house.. Not recommended for vacation-stay. I had to stay there because I was on business travel and my company chose that hotel. Or else.. I would choose another hotel.

The breakfast food is good. However, one of the manager of F&B was really rude to us. I would have him fired if he works for me :)..

Just OK hotel.. but will not recommend.

Room Tip: Just wished that your original room has a faulty aircond.. They will upgrade you to a suite.!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family