“Comfortable Hotel in Bangkok”

Chaophya Park Hotel
Ranked #413 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed December 4, 2013

One nice and comfortable hotel in Bangkok, with nice room and good service. The staff there very kind, I like much the breakfast.The building in the hotel so traditional, even the Guard house so typical Thailand building.

Room Tip: high level for nice view
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank white j

Reviewed December 2, 2013

I stayed at the hotel 16 months ago, I must admit that the hotel has since gone downhill. I was given a room on the top floor, a nice size but it was looking a little jaded around the edges and run down....
The shower in the room did not work...
plus point is that the hotel staff are very friendly and price is reasonable..

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I have stayed at Chaophya Park Hotel umpteen times over a period of 10 years now and this is my 3rd review. I am seeing the deterioration.
From the front desk to the restaurant staff, none of them were similing. This was a total contrast compared to the first time I set foot in this hotel.
The only person(s) I know who smiles is probably the bellboy (who works the night shift) and some of the housekeepers.
I was given a room at the corner of 14th floor last week, the carpet smelled, paint on walls were peeling off and the wooden door was rotting.
It seems that this hotel is losing its focus. There were a lot of Chinese tourists and not many of the international business travellers. I maybe wrong.
I am seriously considering to change my hotel on my next trip to Bangkok.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Nickel69
Reviewed September 17, 2013

During our stay in Thailand we used this hotel twice first stay was ok but first room offered smelled of damp so we requested a room change. All you can eat breakfast overpriced cheaper to order room service. Second stay not so good,hotel is racist, restaurant manager approached us twice when we went down for breakfast asking if we were actually hotel residents as if we'd just walked off the street even after my husband had given the gentleman our room number twice he still came back again, staff were staring & giggling it was overall bad experience for an international hotel it's staff must see people of colour & to be treated like animals in a zoo it's disgusting will never stay there again !!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank MrsSeiv43
Reviewed September 11, 2013

“I was very impressed by the consistently good customer service, from the valet to the bellhop to the front desk to the room service - all outstanding in Bangkok. The amenities and the facilities are great.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jesse J
Reviewed September 5, 2013

The hotel is just ok. The room condition is quite dated. The furnitures smell like my grandma's old house.. Not recommended for vacation-stay. I had to stay there because I was on business travel and my company chose that hotel. Or else.. I would choose another hotel.

The breakfast food is good. However, one of the manager of F&B was really rude to us. I would have him fired if he works for me :)..

Just OK hotel.. but will not recommend.

Room Tip: Just wished that your original room has a faulty aircond.. They will upgrade you to a suite.!!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Padilharun79
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed in Bangkok for 11 days & picked this hotel because I wanted to be close to the SP Plastic Surgery Clinic for my procedure. I booked this hotel through Expedia & got an excellent rate of $45 a night including WIFI (I was there during the rainy off season). I considered it to be a very good deal considering there were a variety of amenities onsite, many restaurants, a spa, hair salon, convenience store, fitness center and pool. I had a lovely room overlooking the pool & city, the surroundings were very pleasant and restful. The room itself, although very clean is pretty average. The bathroom is quite large with a separate shower and all marble tile, it was the best part of the room! The mattress is firm but not uncomfortable. The A/C was very effective which was important to me, given how hot it gets there.

The hotel is not in the Bangkok nightlife district which I considered to be a plus. The MRT subway station Ratchadapisek is a short walk, less than 2 blocks. On the way to the station there are some food vendors, I didn't try anything other than the fresh fruit wagon. You can get a small bag of pineapple, mango & cantaloupe pieces for 10 baht which is about 0.35 USD! Many times fresh squeezed fruit juice can be had for $1 from the same vendor. I don't eat much for breakfast so this was a healthy and affordable meal for me. I also found that being close to the skytrain saved me alot of money in taxis. Also the MRT and BTS are new in Bangkok so it's a very clean and modern way to get into town for shopping and nightlife. If you get off at the Silom station, that puts you in the middle of great shopping at the Patpong Night Market as well as many of the popular bars Bangkok is known for. It's one subway from the hotel that will take you there in a little over half an hour- amazingly fast considering the infamous traffic congestion in Bangkok!

Anyways back to the hotel review. I noticed that people commented that it was dark and dingy and 'old school'. There's alot of dark wood and burgundy colors but since the theme of the hotel seemed to be traditional Thai decor- I found it charming. From the shrubs at the main entrance carved into elephants to the nice lobby decor complete with Thai artwork and sculptures, I felt like I was in Thailand & not a bland chain hotel. If you're looking for an ultra modern cookie cutter hotel which looks the same whether you're in Mexico or Dubai than look elsewhere, you won't be happy there. However if you're looking for a hotel with local 'character' that is clean & has great restaurants this may be the place for you. I was pleasantly surprised that the restaurants were so good & reasonably priced by Canadian standards! There are 7 restaurants to choose from, my fave was Al Tara the Thai restaurant, very affordable & great food! Incredibly, it's not easy to find a Thai restaurant in Bangkok.

In short, it all depends on the purpose of your trip. I wanted a clean, quiet hotel with lots of amenities as I imagined I'd be spending alot of time there recovering from my surgery. I also wanted to be close to the skytrain line to be able to get into the night markets and downtown easily and save money on taxis. As a woman traveling alone I also wanted to be in a safe area away from the loud nightlife area. I can honestly say that this hotel met all my expectations.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo