Davis Bangkok
$318
$253
$465
1,286 results
All reviewsmain buildingau bon paindiplomat suitebedroom villatuk tukemporium mallrooftop poolboutique hotelsukhumvit roadfree shuttlesky train stationwingskytraininternetbahtbaantaxis
Reviewed February 17, 2013

A lovely boutique hotel that combined the charm of classic architecture and modern business amenities. Check in was a bit slow as they had no record of the reservation and the breakfast was not up to par with other area hotels but the service was exceptional and the price quite reasonable. A word of wisdom, they advertise a free tuktuk to local destinations but that only operates on a limited schedule during limited hours and does not operate in inclement weather.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My family and I spent a couple of days in this hotel - in a 3 bedroom Baan Davis villa, no less - and left feeling we could've done better.

The villa is decorated with wonderful Thai traditional elements and overall very spacious. But boy was the hotel sooooo stingy in so many aspects that could've provided a much overall more enticing experience to guests.

When we made our reservations months back, we were asked to provide details of our arrival, which we did. And a few days prior, I had personally emailed the hotel to confirm again our arrival time and to please ensure the villa was ready for us when we check in that night. There was no reply. Instead, when we checked in, we walked right into a pitch black village house! Not very welcoming to say the least.

Upon entry, we then spent another fraught hour or so in the villa trying to cool it down... it was hot and stuffy from the afternoon sun. Again would it really have wasted so much electricity had the villa's air conditioning been switched on say half an hour before our arrival, which would've cooled down the rooms and set a more welcoming atmosphere?

The aircons in the villa are also very noisy and erratic... not very good when attempting to control the temperature... varying between not cold enough and debilitatingly cold!

There were a lot of mosquitoes in the villa's ground floor, particularly the living room. While we would expect some mosquitoes since the villas are surrounded by lotus ponds and other vegetation, it was yet another fraught experience trying to call reception several times to get some electronic mosquito repellents. The hotel is definitely aware of the presence of mosquitoes - there are signs advising guests to not leave the ground floor doors and windows ajar - hence could've readied the rooms by plugging in the electronic mosquito repellents into their sockets about half hour before we arrived to ensure the rooms were mosquito free upon check in. A startling lack of foresight and hospitality!

Don't be deceived by all the wifi signs throughout the hotel... yes, wifi is available, but chargeable at THB 200 PER DAY - yes, even when you've splurged and booked the most expensive property in the hotel. Incredulous.

There's a kitchenette in the villa, but don't bother with attempting to cook. There was only one small pot (for, presumably, making instant noodles) and a tiny frying pan (for the occasional egg).

One would expect branded toiletries for the most expensive villa properties in the hotel but no, toiletries were of the poorest quality and dry the skin considerably.

Staff were surly at breakfast. Waiters that don't smile or acknowledge a request. A grumpy middle aged chef at the egg station who obviously knows nothing about hospitality that every journey there in the morning felt like a punishment that you'd inflict on a disobedient child.

For me, the final straw to the hotel's stinginess was when I was working out in the gym and desperately needed some water... and no water cooler was provided! Which decent hotel gym would not provide water as the most basic amenity? Instead, the reply by the gym attendant upon hearing my request was, "water is chargeable". Actually he repeated that a few times. Only after I insisted to be connected on the phone with the hotel manager was I ultimately 'granted' a glass of plain water from the tap!

Overall, not too pleasant a stay, particularly if you are used to exquisite hospitality. Pity, because the villas themselves are well designed and their surrounding gardens provide a secluded sanctuary amidst the bustle of Sukhumvit and Bangkok - the hotel's management truly has let it down considerably.

My family and I most likely won't return.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank carr0tjuice
Reviewed February 10, 2013

This was our 2nd time at The Davis and we stayed for 3 days over the New Year's holiday.

Again, we had a great stay from the welcome at the Front Desk when we arrived until we checked out. The reviews on TA seem only to be at both ends of the spectrum from very good to very bad. So far, The Davis will continue to be our "go to" hotel when we make short trips to Bangkok.

The only negative I have is that the Internet connection was a little spotty.

Tip: get a Superior room in the Main Wing---you won't regret it. They are large, comfortable, well appointed and the marble clad bathroom is the best.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I always book people in the Davis Hotel. This time I was not impressed. They overbooked the hotel and upgraded us with check in. I think the hotel is outdated, unkind staff and pathetic that you need to pay for the wifi. If you have a laptop and ipad you need to pay double fee. I won,t stay there again and will not book my clients there either.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2013

This was my first time to stay at the Davis and for the price, its worth it. We stayed in the Main wing, I would recommend this if you wanted to use the gym and pool. Yes, the rooms might be a bit outdated for some but the rooms are large and spacious and the beds are firm and comfortable. The room we had also included a small kitchenette which was perfect for making beverages and drinks. Complimentary water is given each day which is great! Gym is small but equipment is good and has all the tools for doing a good gym workout. The pool was a bit murky but that did not stop us enjoying it. The change rooms were well equipped and spacious. If breakfast is included in your room rate don't expect a lavish buffet, but something simple. Its adequate and staff try to be helpful, even with English been a struggle. My opinion is that this is a great place to stay, if on a budget. The hotel is located close to great spas and if you like cocktails try the Japanese Restaurant across the street!

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the Main wing!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business