Davis Bangkok
Trip.com
$121
$77
1,279 results
All reviewsmain buildingau bon paindiplomat suitebedroom villatuk tukemporium mallrooftop poolboutique hotelsukhumvit roadfree shuttlesky train stationwingskytraininternetbahtbaantaxis
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I always book people in the Davis Hotel. This time I was not impressed. They overbooked the hotel and upgraded us with check in. I think the hotel is outdated, unkind staff and pathetic that you need to pay for the wifi. If you have a laptop and ipad you need to pay double fee. I won,t stay there again and will not book my clients there either.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2013

This was my first time to stay at the Davis and for the price, its worth it. We stayed in the Main wing, I would recommend this if you wanted to use the gym and pool. Yes, the rooms might be a bit outdated for some but the rooms are large and spacious and the beds are firm and comfortable. The room we had also included a small kitchenette which was perfect for making beverages and drinks. Complimentary water is given each day which is great! Gym is small but equipment is good and has all the tools for doing a good gym workout. The pool was a bit murky but that did not stop us enjoying it. The change rooms were well equipped and spacious. If breakfast is included in your room rate don't expect a lavish buffet, but something simple. Its adequate and staff try to be helpful, even with English been a struggle. My opinion is that this is a great place to stay, if on a budget. The hotel is located close to great spas and if you like cocktails try the Japanese Restaurant across the street!

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the Main wing!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Thank Rahui New Zeala... G
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I thought I'd treat myself to a really nice hotel for the last few days of my holiday and chose this one based on the reviews. I'm very glad I did, it was excellent. Lovely rooms, good service, a really nice splurge after a long and hard trip.

The only down-side is that it's a bit far from the sky train. There is a shuttle bus but it's sporadic. Motorbike taxis are around, but they're 20 baht. But there's a Au Bon Pain downstairs that does fabulous sandwiches, to make up for it!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Fred S
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stayed here for my first 3 nights in Thailand. Our room was comfortable with a lovely bathroom, not in the main building but only a short walk away. Breakfast was excellent, delicious fresh fruit and an egg station for great omelettes. We used the pool after dark, fantastic views over the city but the pool closed too early, around 7pm , which was a shame. The reception staff don't speak very good English but were pleasant. The tuk tuk service wasn't supplied on demand so we had to wait for it, but it was fun when we did get to use it.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Amber B
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Service delivery could be better. Rooms werent available after we checked in. Time was about 4pm in the afternoon. We told the receptionist that we would leave hotel and check out the city instead of waiting. Our luggages were left at the concerige. When we returned to hotel almost at midnight, the rooms were ready but luggages were not in our rooms. Called the receptionist on duty to send our luggages to our rooms and ended up waiting 30 mins and still no sign of our luggages. Really dead tired I decided to pay a visit to the counter at the ground floor to find out whats going on. To my horror, our luggages were still in their concerige office and no one was around to bring them up. A maintenance guy was kind enough to help me with 3 medium size luggages and bring them to our rooms. Having to have travel to many countries this is the first time I have to deal with inefficient service like this at a hotel.

Breakfast is not up to stardard. There was an advert in front of the posh looking restaurant at the ground lobby that says 99 options or varieties for buffet. I certainly dun see these options at breakfast.

Room environment is really good, nice and comfy. Staff service attitude needs further improvement.