“Comfortable and friendly, except the cleaner!!!”

Lido Millennium Silom
Lido Millennium Silom
Ranked #386 of 698 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 14, 2014

My partner and I had a lovely stay for a very reasonable rate as we couldn't afford the advertised price and the gentleman at the desk was kind enough to give us a break. The room was clean, cleaned daily (which is unusual in many places for he same price), the bathroom well maintained and the showers nice. Plus free waters each day.

The only major downside was the cleaning lady. She tried to clean the room at about 10am one day and we were still there so asked her to come back in 15 min. She said "no, only now" and then ranted at us a bit in Thai. We did get some water and soap for the day from her, but not without her making lots of noises and generally making us feel like we were causing her a big pain. Then in our way out she had loaded the elevator full of her cart and cleaning supplies on a lower floor so when the elevator came up to our floor we had to huddle into it with her cart and loads of rubbish bags, we didn't mind until it stopped on her floor and she yelled at us to get out of the elevator and walk down 5 floors. We objected, and closed the elevator on her and finished our ride down. Not anything tragic, but just a bit of a contrast to the guy at the front desk and an otherwise pleasant stay. Staff shouldn't make guests feel bad...

The location is right next to the ping pong shows, which we would say is a drawback because of the type of crowds around that area, however that may suit others interests.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joel S
There are newer reviews for Lido Millennium Silom

Reviewed January 1, 2014

there's always free wifi and good view here. it's convenient to go anywhere. if you would like to travel to another city, there has some tours and guides for you. here has taxi service and computer internet for you all. you should come and try.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Grace555955
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

I was came to BKK for 4 time, n the last time i was confused to look good hotel n good location, finnaly after im go arround to looking hotel in Silom, i got Lido Millenium to stay for 5 day. And i got good price, and big room to stay alone.
Good service, but sometime the wifi littel bit problem. But the reception give me his personal hostpot to chat with my friends, to let me know im stay in this hotel.

One think, when im coming back again to BKK, i would like stay agian in Lido Millenium, good location to shooping, eat, chilling out and all staf so friendly.
Thanks Lido Millenium...
Im appreciate about ur service..

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank WidhiPw
Reviewed November 26, 2013

This hotel USED TO BE GOOD. I stayed there many times before. But under new management, it has really sunk very very low.

1. Breakfast is no longer offered for free, even though it was "included" in my bill. They charged me an astounding 300 bahts (almost 9 USD, which is a lot for Thailand, and especially for the crap they served me, cold eggs, etc.)

2. The WIFI didn't work on my floor.

3. My door wouldn't open and I had to wait for a locksmith for over an hour.

4. They charged me 1500 Bahts (for staining a sheet. Sheets do no cost 45 dollars in Thailand, and I was more than willing to pay, just not 45 USD).

5. Although I had already paid for my reservation with a credit card, and had the receipt to prove it, they tried to make me pay again, in cash. It didn't help than no one on staff seems to speak English anymore.

6. There was constant construction in the lobby, sometimes with the floor opened up and wet... weird.

7. The TV had obviously fraudulent access to cable, which cut in and out all the time.

Room Tip: Don't get a room below the 5th floor!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank jjtyo
Reviewed November 22, 2013

The hotel was recommended to us by our other hotel that was fully booked. The rooms were nice, boutique style. Nice shower, ac, bed. Location is right in the Patpong/night bazaar area (there's also a 7-11 right next door (for those modern conveniences). We should have asked for a non-smoking room...it's all I could smell all night. We asked for laundry service (3rd week of travel). We had maybe 1/2 a basket of clothes and it ended up being 800 Baht! They charged for every article of clothing. It would've been much cheaper to find a laundry service. Also, when we left the receptionist asked for 500 Baht to call a cab for (toll road and full trip) the airport. Sure, close to what we paid before ( with toll). The driver refused to take toll roads and the meter ended up at 250 Baht. He wouldn't give us our $$ back. We believe the receptionist got a commission for calling the taxi. Unfortunately, we left the hotel feeling a little taken advantage of. Always make sure to pay driver once you get to the location and pay the metered price. Never a flat fee. Wi-fi was spotty. Otherwise, street food galore, night bazaar for miles and very close to the train.

Room Tip: Ask for non-smoking if that bothers you. Mini bar wasn't fully stocked, but 7-11 within footstep...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My family and I come to hotel without web booking...the receptionist told us that hotel room full but she try to find us the room and at last we got the room thank you to her because make our day easy....will stay here again and recommended to friends.

Other, the location was great to shopping , eating or even to traveling by BTS . Just take a few minute to BTS Saladeng.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 19, 2013

New, clean and tidy room. I'm staying a twin bed room with my fren. It has TV, small fridge, closet, hairdryer and everything you need. It has an elevator too! 7-eleven is just beside the hotel and very convenient. 3-min walk to Patpong and BTS Sala Daeng.

5 out of 5 stars!