“love the staff!”

D Varee Xpress Klassique Sukhumvit
Ranked #104 of 868 Hotels in Bangkok
“love the staff!”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

The best part about this hotel is the staff! The ladies Joy and Clarice were great! After a long day of touring n going around the city , it was great seeing these girls at the front desk and having a laugh and conversation. Great English and customer service skills! Very professional! Very friendly! I will stay there again just because of Joy and Clarice ! They helped me with everything and all my questions . I had problem with shower in my room and they sent someone to fix it while I was out and I came back very satisfied! The girls can even tell you the exact price for taxis to many places. I was worried at first because of the location and how the surrounding streets look in the area,very urban and grungy (but that's bangkok). It is safe and an easy and straight 10-15min walk to sky train which takes less than 20 mins to get to more downtown area and after train stops running 100 bhat by taxi to Nana nightlife area and back. There is a Tesco mall for all kinds of food and street stands selling everything you need in the area. The staff even sent me directions while I was in Phuket for a taxi driver to get from airport to hotel. Prices from aiports are between 350 and 500 bhat. Email the hotel for exact prices from airports. Definitely ask Joy and Clarice and staff for help any time . This hotel is perfect for solo travelers and couples. Area looks dodgy but the hotel is great!

Room Tip: The room walls are sort of thin . I could hear neighbor coughing but overall a very quiet hotel. On...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
BalvinderG, General Manager at D Varee Xpress Klassique Sukhumvit, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear De'ja S,

Thank you very much for writing a review. We do appreciate that you have taken the time to give some feedback.

Thanks for such a good compliment " Great English and customer service skills! Very professional". Really appreciate it.

We are glad to hear that you like our hotel room & staff services.Our Staff is always ready to give there best service to our guest.

We are only a short distance from the local Sky Train Station BTS On nut and we do have a free tuk tuk service which make easier to travel around Bangkok.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us on +6622532993 or email klassiquesukhumvit@gmail.com

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Excellent Staff! Very friendly and very helpful. Special Thanks to Clarice for so much help. No hassle checking in. The room is clean and the amenities are great. We would definitely check in again next time we visit Thailand.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
BalvinderG, General Manager at D Varee Xpress Klassique Sukhumvit, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Bark L,

We are glad to hear that you enjoy your stay in our hotel you like our hotel room standards & our staff services.

We look forward to serve you in your next stay with us again.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Spent about 100SGD for 2 nights over here, had a really good stay - except I had to get use to having no switches for the plugs (am a bit afraid of getting electrocuted), but all is fine.

The space was great - TV, fridge with free bottled water - and it's near a supermarket.

The staff are nice - Thank you Bob for managing your team really well. You got to appreciate the tuk-tuk driver - he's so friendly and he really is skilled on the streets.

True to my budget nature, this place is not for the fussy, the nearest train station is a nice 5-8 minute stroll if the tuk tuk is out (please give the driver a break and walk if you're in a rush), the nearest "proper" food past 8pm is at the supermarket near the train system.

They were spot on for amenities. I asked for a bathrobe and one was sent up almost after i cut the line; and I felt safe throughout the entire time in the hotel - I even just left my room open to tell the lady I needed room service.

One thing to note about walking around the area - you'll be surprised that you can chance upon various massage parlours at really cheap prices.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
BalvinderG, General Manager at D Varee Xpress Klassique Sukhumvit, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear dawickk,

Thanks for liking our hotel standards & rooms. Thanks for liking our staff services.

Yes the hotel location is in local area so massage,food & shopping is cheaper compare to more tourist areas where everything is double price.

The Sky Train Station BTS On nut is just walking distance and we do have a free tuk tuk service which make easier to travel around Bangkok. The Bts is best transport to travel in Bangkok.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Stayed here at best western Klassique Bangkok for 5 nights in late December. arrived at 11pm and was greeted by friendly staff check inn was easy booked the hotel on internet site Hotetravel.com and got the best room at this hotel Grand Dulux at a rate of AUD$40 per night which was a great deal.
The room was very large with a big King size bed and lounge area with 110cm flat screen TV with many channels a sofa and coffee table the bathroom was large with toilet shower and basin.
Overall the room was perfect very clean with a new modern design. We found that although the windows were very small the room was built in a way that we never herd any outside traffic or noise the bed was very soft and comfortable and we had a great sleep

THE STAFF AND LOCATION,
our stay here was made much better by the great staff who spoke good English and were always so helpful in every way both for hotel requirements and more importantly giving us good advise on the local area and directions they were always so polite and ready to help us especially a young girl named Ruby who became somebody who we could trust and rely on she really takes great pride in doing her job well so thankyou Ruby.
The room was cleaned daily when we were out and we never had any problems the hotel and our room was always kept very clean.
The hotel has 2 computers in the lobby with free internet service and the staff were always able to help if I needed them also helping me to print out many documents for free.
The location was good just a short taxi ride from the Bangkok river area but also close by we were able to find everything we needed within walking distance are many good eating spots local markets selling food and clothes shoes ect as well as large shopping complexes that had everything.

We had a great stay at Best Western Klassique Sukhumvit it was a great find at such a price great value for the money great staff and good location.

Room Tip: The delux rooms are good but the Grand delux rooms are so big and comfortable for only a few dollars...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear TRAMAX8,

Our grand deluxe rooms are built to give our guest best comfort. Rooms are very spacious.

Thanks You like the hotel location as well as some guest dont like. But some guest love our location as its good away from hassle tourist places. You can get everything near hotel local prices not high tourist prices.

Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I'm sure what some of these other reviews are all about because our stay here was perfect. We were there for 10 night.
The whole hotel is clean and modern, free tuk-tuk service and the friendliest staff I've seen at a hotel.
The room was clean and was cleaned every day.
Would/will stay there again.
The only negatives would be the lack of leisure facilities.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Dave E,

Thanks for such a good compliment "the friendliest staff I've seen at a hotel". Really appreciate it.

We are glad to hear that you like our hotel room & staff services.

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights in January. For around $30 US night, the price was impressive. Included was WIFI which was quick and always worked. When I checked in, I learned that my room had no window. I asked for another room which they were able to offer the next day. However, after my first night I realized I had a fantastic sleep with the pitch dark room and unlike other guest I could not hear the traffic in my room. Enjoyed the Tuk Tuk service to the Sky Train and the close proximity to grocery stores and transportation. I was able to get a cab for $450 BAHT from the airport. The only concern is the shower pressure was weak. I would recommend this hotel to any traveller on a budget that is looking for central accommodation in Bangkok.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear anthonyjames_f,

Our hotel have good promotions rates online if our guest book in advance get very good deals.

We are glad you like our staff services & rooms. Thanks for recommending us to other guests.

Thanks for letting us know about shower problem will look into it.

Amherst, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 16, 2014

No matter what people say, its a nice place to stay. Yes, a little away from down town, but within very easy reach through the local BTS sky train which can take you to most of the city areas within a short while. The rooms are nice, neat and clean. Internet is free and fast. For the price you pay, its an excellent value. i visit Bangkok accassionaly and will definitely stay at Klassique Sukhumvit hotel during my next visit.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Geofferey S,

Thanks for liking our place to stay. Thanks for giving us good feedback.

Our hotel have good promotions rates online.. Which makes value for money.

We look forward to serve you soon in near future.