“Stayed 9 nights”

Ranked #76 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Melbourne, Australia
“Stayed 9 nights”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Was expecting all manner of problems from some reviews i had read before booking. But have to say I enjoyed my stay and if the rates are a good next time will return.
On checkin, i asked for a upper room at the back, but was given the key to one right at the front. Without entering room I returned to lobby to await a room away from the busy front. After that i was quite happy. Recuperated from surgery in that room, and was quite happy to spend all day there. Furniture was very worn in places, but again no real concern.
Breakfast is very basic, so I can't recommend it.
Staff are very polite, and always greet you with impeccable manners.
I did break a tea cup in the room, and was happy to be charged only 50baht at check out. Well- it was my fault.
House keeping is very good, and courteous.
The only poor impression i got right at the beggining, was being told about the free tuk tuk pick up from 'on nut' railway station. That was explained to me over the phone the day before arrival. Then on the day of checkin, I call as arranged for pickup. I'm now told tuk tuk isn't working today. For my entire 9 day stay I saw a out of order sign on the tuk tuk. I could be forgiven for thinking that perhaps there is no real tuk tuk service, and that it is a great advertisng lure. I could be wrong here? Anybody else have experience with this? Taxis are cheap for that short distance, or it's a easy 10 minute walk, so it's no big issue.
Wifi worked very well and for the rate I paid it was excellent value.

Room Tip: Get a room at the back
1 Thank 86Pete1958
BalvinderG, General Manager at Klassique Sukhumvit, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Dear 86Pete1958,

Thank you very much for writing a review. We do appreciate that you have taken the time to give some feedback.

We are glad to know that you were happy with hotel room standards we will try improve we worn out things in your review. Thanks for liking our staff services.

We are sorry that you could not use our Tuk Tuk service as during that time our driver got accident. But now its back to normal again from 09:30 tp 20:00 hours.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us on +6622532993 or email klassiquesukhumvit@gmail.com

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bangkok
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

Its was great stay in this hotel, great rooms ....clean and comfortable,provides excellent service and generally offers great value for what you pay. Staff was great they are very helpfull especially carolyn..im sure I will recommend this hotel to my friends.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank enjoyfree
BalvinderG, General Manager at Klassique Sukhumvit, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear enjoyfree,

We are glad to know that you were happy with hotel room standards & room was comfortable during your stay. Thanks for liking our staff services.

Munich, Germany
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I visited Bangkok in Novembr and stayed at the Best Western Klassique hotel. Although a small hotel, but the my stay was very comfortable. I got a resonable price and stayed there for four nights. The internet was free and they provide a shuttle service to the nearest sky train station by a Tuk Tuk, you can even walk to the station which takes just a few minutes. Staff is very helpful in giving you the information. There are some big supermarkets near by where you can buy all the necessary stuff and even can get goos local food at the food courts. It is receomended as a good value for money what you pay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Oliver H,

We are glad to hear that you enjoy your stay in our hotel you like our hotel rooms standards & our services.

We are only a short walking distance from the local Sky Train Station BTS On nut which make easier to travel around Bangkok.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

I booked this hotel through the internet. My stay was near the end of November. I had never been to Bangkok before, and was worried about what the hotels would be like.

I have seen reviews that it may be hard for taxi drivers to find the hotel when coming from the airport. I encountered this but the taxi driver called the hotel and he was easily able to get us to the hotel. The drive from the airport was approximately 20 minutes.

My stay overall was pretty good. The hotel room is rather small compared to "american style" hotel rooms. I did not mind it becuase we were in Bangkok and would only use it to sleep in. The hotel room had a weird smell to it but it was not overwhelming and I got used to it.

The internet is only good for one device and I was okay with that. The breakfast consisted of american style food and we did not partake in it for we thought it was to pricey. We did not use the taxi service. The walk to the On Nut BTS station was an eventful walk for you walked and saw the local side of the city.

We needed a taxi ride to the Floating Market and a taxi was arranged by the hotel staff for the next morning. The told us the taxi ride would be about 1000 Baht if I remember right. The told us the taxi would bring us to the floating market and the boat ride would be 1000 Baht per person. It was not, it cost us 2500 Baht per person. We did not blame the staff and just bit the bullet. So be aware of that..

Overall our stay was great and I would recommed staying there to those who are looking for a lost cost hotel who dont expect five star service.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
BalvinderG, General Manager at Klassique Sukhumvit, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Dear FFJO20,

Yes if you tell Taxi Driver to call us we can give them directions or just email us we can send you directions in Thai.

Normally our internet passwords are good for 3 devices if any problem we can provide you more passwords as WIFI is unlimited complementary.

Regarding the taxi driver problem for floating market I will talk to our front desk to be beware of these type of taxi driver.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I visited Bangkok reently and got Bestb Western Klassique Hotel booked theough the internet. Its a small but cozy hotel. Within walking distance from the nearest local Metro station called On Nut BTS. there are a coupke of big sores nearby like Lotus and Big C, where you can ´get most of the necessary things. Their internet is fast and free, which is a good thing. Staff speaks good English which is good as most of the <thai people do not speak good English. I will stay here again during one of my next visits to Bangkok as the price is very reasonable and affordable.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
BalvinderG, General Manager at Klassique Sukhumvit, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Rajeshwari L,

Yes our all staff can speak fluent English as its very important to understand guest so we can serve them our best.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed December 6, 2013

i was flying from Australia to Europe in Niovember and got a transit stay in Bangkok for three days. I looked up at the internet and saw Best Western Klassique hotel. Made the booking through the internet which was very easy. just took me a few minutes to book the room through their direct web site- I got a decent deal which was something like pay for two night and get the third night free. I just took a taxi from the airport to this hotel anjd it was quick to get to the hotel as it very close to one of the exits from the highway.
check in was smooth as staff is helpful here and fluent in English. I got a nice room which was was clean and adequate size. Amenities werer just enough inside the room and bath room what can be expected in any city hotel. Internet was high speed and free all over the hotel. there is a local train statiuon very close to the hotel just a few minutes walk.
on the whole my stay was pleasant and i will stay atn this hotel definitely on my next visit to Bangkok

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear james p,

We have promotions rates in our hotel website & Facebook page so guest can get good deals.

We are glad to hear that you enjoy your stay in our hotel you like our hotel rooms & standards.

We are only a short distance from the local Sky Train Station BTS On nut and we do have a free tuk tuk service which make easier to travel around Bangkok.

Tobago
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I've been in Thailand for 3 months and this is one of the best affordable hotels I've stayed at. They staff spoke good English, they listened and understood and were exceptionally helpful and polite. It was such a break from what seemed like the norm. The internet worked, the rooms were very clean and the BED was soooooo comfy. I didn't like that there was no room service or ability to get late night drinks or food as it was not located very centrally, but close walk to the nearest Big C, and free shuttle to BTS OnNut station. All in all I loved that my last couple days were here at this hotel ended my trip well.

Room Tip: Don't get a street side room.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
BalvinderG, General Manager at Klassique Sukhumvit, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear Tristan,

We are glad to hear that you enjoy your stay in our hotel & its was one best affordable hotel you have stayed.

Regarding room service we will consider on your suggestions.

Thanks for letting us the negatives so we can try to make it positive & can remain the positive.