“Wonderful Hotel, Excellent Staff”

Klassique Sukhumvit
Ranked #85 of 863 Hotels in Bangkok
“Wonderful Hotel, Excellent Staff”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The location of this hotel was great, just a short walk to the main road, sky train, and taxis. Their tuk tuk will even bring you to the train station or Sukhumvit if you would rather not walk (only until 8pm). Our taxi driver did have a hard time finding the location. The driver kept asking for the Soi, but there is none. My advice is to tell them it is between Soi 58 and 60 near the On Nut train stop. Once you are close the Best Western signs are easy to spot.
The rooms were basic, but very clean and comfortable. Great for the price.
The staff was excellent. They were friendly and remembered me by name. We spent our first few days in Thailand here and we had some confusion trying to meet up with other friends in Bangkok. The woman at the front desk was kind enough to let us use her personal cell phone to get in contact with them. Another woman at the front desk helped us flag down a taxi when their tuk tuk service wasn't running.
I will definitely stay here the next time I visit Bangkok.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
BalvinderG, Manager at Klassique Sukhumvit, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you very much for writing a review. We do appreciate that you have taken the time to give some feedback.

We are happy to hear that our staff went out of their way to be helpful as this is the kind of service that we ask them to provide.

We are in a good location and as we are quite new we have experienced some problems with taxis not knowing where we are however the taxi drivers are now finding us and adding us to their lists of known hotels.

We look forward to welcoming you at our hotel the next time that you are in Bangkok.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us on +6622532993 or email klassiquesukhumvit@gmail.com

All the staff at Klassique Sukhumvit thank you for choosing our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 19, 2013

it is a nice hotel. I stayed there when I was in Bangkok few weeks before. I like the rooms as this is neat and clean. close to the shopping markets also. there is a train which can take you to different parts of bangkok.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
BalvinderG, Manager at Klassique Sukhumvit, responded to this review, June 23, 2013

Thank you for your comments with repect to our nice clean rooms and location close to shopping markets. We are located in a very god area of bangkok where there are many amenities that are easy to get to.

Nepal
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Best Western Klassique hotel is an excellent place to stay whenever you visit Bangkok. It is situated at a very convenient place where transport (sky-train, taxis and other commercial vehicles) to everywhere in Bangkok is just outside the hotel. The staff are very friendly and professional and the rooms are just perfect for your relaxation. Best Western Klassique is my next home whenever I am in Bangkok.

Room Tip: The rooms are very neat and spacious with modern amenities. I adore their colourful wall paper decor...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

BalvinderG, Manager at Klassique Sukhumvit, responded to this review, June 19, 2013

We are located in a great area of Bangkok very close to all the amenities of the Sukhumvit area with great shops, including some amazing malls, great restaurants and entertainment areas.

We are very happy to hear that you liked our rooms and found them very relaxing as this is one of the aims of our hotel and our staff.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I was travelling with my family to Bangkok and hence booked Best Western so that I am assured of a good quality in my budget. When I booked the hotel - the cancellation policy stated that I can cancel the hotel on the same day with 1 night charges as penalty. I got a special rate for booking for 3 nights. When we reached the hotel, we found that there is no room service in the hotel and it is a very lonely place with no places to eat nearby and since we had to leave out children at the hotel, we required room service. SO we wanted to cancel the hotel. But we were informed that it is non-refundable. when we checked the website, the policy still stated the same. we paid the full money hoping that next day Manager would come and everything will be alright. But alas, on the website the cancellation policy was changed the next day and manager refused to refund our money... THis is certainly not expected from a hotel of a stature of best western..I feel totally cheated..anyone let me know how can I resolve this.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank agrawal_pinky

Whilst I do understand your frustration but you have judged our hotel on only one factor and not given a true representation of our hotel or our facilities.
You booked a very special deal that gave a very special rate for the 3 nights booked and it was made clear that one of the conditions of this deal was that it was non refundable. This condition is common practice at hotels when offering very special deals as once booked the rooms are no longer available for customers paying standard rates. We also offer very good deals with more flexibility that can be cancelled with a refund however you did not opt for one of these deals.
We have not changed our cancellation policy on our website or within the hotel. We do make our policies very clear for all our customers to be aware off as we believe that customers should know all details before choosing which rate best suits their needs.
We do understand that you were unhappy that we do not offer room service, however we are close to an area of Bangkok with many restaurants and street vendors many of which will deliver to the hotel on request offering a much greater choice than we can from our kitchen.

We do take our customers feedback seriously and although I do feel that in your review you have misrepresented our hotel on the whole I am happy to offer a gesture of our goodwill and to offer you a free night at our hotel the next time that you are in Bangkok.

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed June 16, 2013

The hotel is located on one side of Bangkok and cabbies either don't know it or don't want to come here. It is virtually impossible for you to hail a taxi on your own from the hotel. The one option of travel is the skytrain and the hotel's tuk tuk drops you off to On nut (station) about a mile away.
The rooms we got were terribly cramped with the toilet doors having transparent glass on the top and bottom (2ft each)..as a result anyone entering the room could see the commode clearly.
The free internet was not working most of the time.
Mr. Bob, the property manager is a very nice man and extremely helpful..

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sharat_sks

I am sorry to hear that you were not entirely satisfied with our location although you have marked us high on cleanliness and sleep quality which are important factors for many guests.

We are located fairly close to many amenities and provide a free service to the local Sky Train Service which is the preferred means of travel for many locals as the road traffic including taxis can get stuck for long periods.

We are a relatively new hotel so it does take time for taxi drivers to learn about us however many are now adding us to their knowledge base.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I was in Bangkok in May this year with my family and made a booking for a family room. I was travelling with my family. Hotel is nice and they offered me free wifi in the hotel without any additional charge. Room was very good. neat and clean. Easy access to the train so you can go around the city. If I go to Bangkok again, I will use this hotel again

Room Tip: If you are with family, ask for room on the 5th floor as they have big rooms there
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
BalvinderG, Manager at Klassique Sukhumvit, responded to this review, June 18, 2013

Thank you for the room tip for families. We are very much a family friendly hotel and we do try and allocate the right rooms for them.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you at our hotel the next time that you are in Bangkok.

Manila
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Kudos to the hotel management and staff. We had a good stay.

Pre-checkin - Their manager Bob was very accommodating. He found a way for me to reserve with my hesitation to give my credit card details via email. Kudos too to Paul, their Asia Sales Manager who helped me book this reservation.

Checkin - Quick and hassle free. What a tired traveler looks for.

Price - Agoda gives you points but does not know details aboutthe hotel except what's in their computer systems. Better email the hotel/book through the hotel directly and don't forget to be a member of Best Western's rewards programs. Definitely an affordable place to stay without sacrificing quality.

Room - Basic but clean. Big bed. Bathroom a little small for me but it wasn't a deal breaker. Flat TV, safe and fridge provided. Nothing in minibar and no slippers provided though. Our room was located beside the bridge / flyovers so there were some noise at times but not too loud.

Location - Free tuktuk service around the area, since it's about a 15-20 minute walk to On Nut train station. Tuktuk service only available till 8pm though. Taxi drivers are unaware where it is as it's pretty complicated to get here. Ask for directions in Thai from them via email and have the taxi driver call them if that does not work. The last cab driver we took from On Nut station could not figure out how to get there and we ended up paying THB65, for what shoulda been a THB35 ride. The walk to BTS though provides a peek into Thai street life without the pretentious touristy stuff.

Staff - Good job to all front desk staff. Was delighted to find a helpful Filipino (Joyce) who gave us valuable advice on where to go. Nok also helped us with our taxi reservation to the airport (THB400) and was very warm and accommodating. Walee also made sure my WIFI connection worked and even went up to the room to explain that I needed to logout everytime I leave to not be loacled out. A little inconvenience on the Wifi but manageable. The tuktuk driver too made small talk with us and was very concerned about our welfare, e.g. How much we paid the taxi etc. Nok and Joyce also tried to help when i thought a local department store charged my credit card three times.

All in all, staff seemed all well-trained and spoke good English. Genuine Thai smiles which made our stay better.

Housekeeping - they didn't refill our toiletries on our 2nd day but clean towels were provided. No toothbrush or toothpaste provided.

Around the area - It's close to residential buildings so you see how Thais live day to day in this side of BKK. Big C and Tesco are two small shopping centers with a
Supermarket that are 10-15 minutes away by foot. No convenience store close but support local businesses and buy from Thai stores - it's a lot cheaper compared to 7-11.

Checkout - Walee made sure that since we are in hurry to get to the airport, that checkout is fast. Thanks Walee!

Thanks Best Western Klassique! Hope to see you again!

• Stayed June 2013
BalvinderG, General Manager at Klassique Sukhumvit, responded to this review, June 23, 2013

Thank you very much for a comprehensive review that I am sure will help other visitors when deciding to stay with us.
We are glad to her that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will return again
Thank yoiu als for your comments with regards to our staff which is very much appreciated.