“Nice hotel”

Best Western Premier Sukhumvit
Ranked #210 of 896 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Nice hotel spacious rooms well appointed well located close to airport without the noise and free shuttle bus every thirty minutes. If you like an English breakfast you will be disappointed to hear no bake beans and tasteless sausages but the omelettes are are fine and made to order. Lovely pool area but unfortunately the hotel is situated next to a swamp area which resulted in me. Being bitten three times in the three hours hours I spent there.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dominique d, Manager at Best Western Premier Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Martin W, I'm afraid you may be writing a review about another Best Western property by the Airport the Best Western Premier Amaranth.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Very close to sky train . Front desk staff very warm and welcoming . Room was standard modern amenities but the shower after 3 weeks on the beach .....AMAZING !! Spent 3 nights here and proximity to all that Bangkok has to offer. Great value for price !

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Drewokeefe, thank you so much for your review. I do hope we see you again at our hotel.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Our twin room was modern, clean and spacious.The room was equipped with a lcd flat screen tv, fridge, minibar and the bathroom was clean, new and very spacious.The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful, directing us to the nearest BTS station and marking out areas to avoid on a map due to the protests and answering any questions we had. Location wise this hotel is only a few minutes walk to the nearest BTS station. Overall a really nice hotel!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you so much Nerra1 for your compliments about our hotel and our staff. I do hope you return.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Good location was our main reason for choosing this hotel. It is in walking distance to the Sky train, and for those who likes to walk it is no problem to get to the new shopping center Terminal 21 by foot.
The hotel has a modern interior design, and our room was spacious and well equipped with flat-screen lcd and ipod docking station. However it took us our two days stay to learn to fully control the lights in our room, and we still wonder why the shower niche was designed in a way that led the water out on the bathroom floor.
Breakfast was ok, but the breakfast restaurant was a bit too crowded.
The staff were friendly and gave us good service, and the hotel restaurant can be recommended.
The swimming pool on the roof is ok, but quite small.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dominique d, Manager at Best Western Premier Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

From myself and all the staff here at the hotel thank PolarViking for you review. We do hope you return and we see you again at our hotel.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

The hotel was ostensibly very nice, although not in the most salubrious part of town.
Overall, I enjoyed my time here, but one incident with the operations manager completely ruined my stay.

The bedroom was adequate and the shower excellent.

There is a moderately sized swimming pool and a similarly modest gym. For your aural pleasure, terrible pop music is piped through in both of these areas non stop.

Low quality, bad tasting food for breakfast and similarly uninspiring stuff from the lunch menu, unfortunately.

The staff were generally very friendly and couldn't do enough to help.

Sadly, the pompous, officious Operations Manager ruined my stay. When my colleague and I were drinking the drinks we had ordered from the bar, on the terrace, we were interrupted. The OM told us that we this was private property and we would have to leave because we had two (unopened) bottles of water that we'd bought outside the hotel on our table. Not only did he say this eoth no evidence that we had even drunk any of the water, he promptly walked off when challenged about his statement.

His arrogance and insulting actions genuinely ruined my stay. Such awful service is completely unacceptable and I would recommend you avoid the Best Western at all costs. Go somewhere where you're treated like guests, not criminals.

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank StuC1982

StuC1982, It was quite clear that you and your colleague did not order anything from the bar which you had been sitting at the whole day. My security had noticed you loitering around the hotel because the both of you looked suspicious. I even think you one of you were hiding in the hotel toilets using your mobile phone so it is a good thing that my encounter with you was brief.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

I traveled to BKK to visit Bunrungrad Hospital and stayed in your hotel because of it's location. The service was very good and everyone was very helpful. The room was also very nice with a comfortable bed and excellent shower. I also really enjoyed the pool and gym on the roof.
The only small complaint I have is that the shelf in the shower was useless. Everything--soap,shampoo, etc -- kept sliding off onto the floor. Please put something on the shelf to stop thing from sliding off or eliminate the shelf.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Suzanne M
Dominique d, Manager at Best Western Premier Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Thank you so much Suzanne M for your compliments. I will see what we can do about the shelf in the shower.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

We stayed there on Dec2013, on our first trip to Bangkok. It is a comfortable hotel, well located (4 blocks from the Skytrain), which is the most important thing when you visit Bangkok, because from the Skytrain you can go wherever you want, is cheap, and you avoid the horrible traffic.
The hotel have everything you may need (it is not for stay more that 3 days), good breakfast, and modern beautiful rooms.
What was wrong? the service... they were nice, but they do not speak English.... nobody. I was surprised, but to book the Temples tour I was there almost a half an hour trying to guess what four employees want to tell me. Also the WiFi service... only available for two devices per room.
In general terms, good hotel for stay in Bangkok. I would come back.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Aldana4771
Dominique d, Manager at Best Western Premier Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Dear Aldana thank you so much for you review. The WIFI in the hotel is free of charge and is for an unlimited amount of devices. I do hope to see you back again at the hotel.