“Superb hotel after a tiring day of walking”
Review of Mode Sathorn Hotel

Mode Sathorn Hotel
Ranked #134 of 889 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My friend came across this hotel when we were searching online and from the photos it looks great. It is a bit pricey if compare to other Bangkok hotel but we still find it very cheap considering the facilities and the room size.

When we arrived, the hotel looks great. The interior was nice and more of a boutique hotel. We were given a room on 29 floor which consider the highest floor then (they are still undergoing construction and in the future the highest level will be 36, if I am not mistaken). We were given a welcome drink coupon which can be use until our last day on the hotel and the welcome drink include some juice and local beer too (I don't remember other hotel that serves beer as welcome drink).

The room is very big, the twin bed we asked for is more than enough for one person to sleep on each bed. Bed was comfortable and I guess for me the best part is the bathroom. Bathroom has rainshower and bathtub (good for relaxing after a long day of walking) and the toilet is separated.
In the bathroom and toilet, there is sound system installed and connected to the TV. So whatever played on the TV, you can hear it inside.

The light is adjustable and you can change it from normal mode to sleeping mode, etc but I still find the normal mode is a bit too dark. We can only open the curtain to solve this problem, but during daytime (with the curtain open) it is quite bright inside.

Swimming pool was great with the infinity pool. It was relaxing, but it would have been better if the temperature of the water is a bit warmer.

Overall it was a superb stay. I don't mind staying at the hotel again even though the location not exactly at the shopping area. it is still very convenient with the BTS just outside the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 28, 2013

After reading the reviews on this hotel I was aware that there was some building work still going on. However unless you mistakenly go up to the top floor (like we did) you would have absolutely no idea that this was the case. The price was excellent and the rooms were simply wonderful. We stayed here twice during our Thailand visit, the first time for 2 nights. When we arrived one of the two rooms we had booked wasn't so we were given a free welcome drink. It took a little while so we chased it up and after an apology they also then upgraded us to an executive room. Wow! our Kingsize bed looked out of the floor to ceiling window over the city, the bathroom was huge and we had a seperate toilet and dressing area. Even on the second stay, although we had a standard room the bathroom was huge, with a central bath and large walkin shower, all again with a floor to ceiling window overlooking the city. There were bathrobes and slippers and a fully stocked mini bar. I have to say that the beds were so comfortable and the pillows (which I am particular about) were like sleeping on clouds, and if you know the beds in Thailand, they are generally really hard and a little uncorfortable, so it was very welcomed. The outdoor pool was wonderful, with a poolside bar and jacuzzi beds in the infinity pool again overlooking the city. The Rice and Chilli restaurant was also excellent. Expensive for Thailand but hotels generally are, but the service and quality of the food was fantastic. I would highly recommend the hotel, for its rooms, facitlities and the staff were incredibly helpful. Thankyou.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I knew before I arrived that the hotel was not fully finished, and that was reflected in the price, which was really nice.

This hotel will be a top choice in the future, as it is really excellent.

My room was fantastic, with a spectacular bathroom with full bath and walk in shower. The décor is modern and refined.

Great broadband throughout, and a good TV in the room.

Swimming pool (11th floor) is really special - and a terrific feature (although the builders were working on the changing rooms when I stayed, so they were officially "out of bounds"). The "infinity" aspect is really something, when you are looking down on the city.

I liked the location, not least because it is right opposite my favourite Thai restaurant in Bangkok - the Blue Elephant, which is superb. So much so, I went twice. To be able to walk back to your hotel in 5 minutes after eating is great.

The only negatives I could say are that the location is quite a way from Sukhumvit (Terminal 21 Mall etc), and that there is not much within walking distance from the hotel itself (aside from the Blue elephant of course!). if I was going shopping a lot, I would probably go for the Sukhumvit hotels instead.

However, against that, it is right next to the SkyTrain station (Surasak BTS), so it is very easy to get around.

Finally, the staff were superb at all times - which of course is what is expected of a great hotel!

I will definitely come again!

Room Tip: Try to go for a room on the North side, as the West side looks over a noisy school (be prepared to w...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We had a great stay at Mode Sathorn. The room was beautifully decorated with a massive bathroom. Everything was clean and we love the thick towels. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Location is excellent and takes 1 min to the BTS station. We didn't have breakfast in the hotel as it wasn't included in our room rate. As it costs close to 1000 Baht it was way too expensive so we decided to get breakfast in Siam Paragon for a faction of this cost. Please note there isn't a coffee shop close to the hotel so you might need to take the BTS to the closest mall i.e. Siam Paragon for breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BoBoMaMa
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Our two night stay at the Mode Sathorn wasn't long enough! We were only staying in Bangkok for two nights so we couldn't really stay- but the hotel was so magnificent that my boyfriend and I was thinking about staying for longer!

The hotel was quite new (they've only been open for 3 months) so taxi drivers found it hard to find. Luckily, we realised the hotel was opposite an MRT station so every time we got in a taxi we just told them that it's opposite that and they know where to go straight away.

When we finally got there we weren't expecting a five star type hotel! The pictures online don't do the hotel justice at all! We walk in and the porter takes our oversized luggage from us straight away and lead us to the lobby where two helpful receptionists helped us check in. Everything was so modern- exterior and interior!

As we walked in to our room (a standard deluxe) our mouths dropped. It was way more than what we expected it to be. To get to your bedroom bit (yes it's separate) you walk through your own little hallway and you get your own walk in wardrobe, the toilet is separate to the bath and shower room which is massive! You could fit two people in the bath and could probably fit 4 in the shower. Complimentary bottles of water await which is a treat after travelling and being out in the hot and humid city!

Everything was so clean and all towels, linen and robes smelt fresh. As we walked through to our bedroom we were straight away amazed by the view. The king size bed faces a glass wall/window which shows off the view of Bangkok. The mini bar was well stocked, the bed was comfortable, clean and the pillows were the best!

I recommend staying at this hotel strongly! The staff are so friendly and helpful and you can ask them about the places you should see and where it's best to eat, shop and drink! Also you get a free complimentary welcome drink voucher which you can use at the restaurant, their bar or their cafe!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank GeeCee0509
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

This is a great hotel,great staff and great service I have ever stay.Everything excellent,I want to say thank you specialy with the staff for helping me make the suprise for my wife,warmly and beautifully.I will stay here again when I come back bangkok,it's surely...Thank you again...

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 9, 2013

First impression of the hotel is great, trendy modern design and just right outside Surasak BTS. Upon arrival, staff was very friendly and the check in experience was pleasant.

Sadly, my experience went downhill from there. The room I was given (room 1903) looked nothing like the ones from the website for its class. I was expecting that it should since it is a brand new hotel afterall. The main downside though was that the room was L Shape and much smaller than others in the same class, so I guess it really depends on your luck whether you get to be given the bigger spacious rooms or the smaller rooms.

My magnetic room card didn't work 3x in 3 days consecutively. When i went back to the lobby to get a new card issued, I was told to keep it away from my mobile phone. When I asked if anyone else was facing this issue, I was told none. So either there's something wrong with the card reader, the card, or I'm the only one that keeps my room card near my mobile phone.

After staying 2 days, the ceiling started leaking water into the bathtub. It's not a big deal since I don't plan to use the bathtub much but still, it is unpleasant.

Finally, I was woken up a few times in the morning around 9am by loud constant drilling and hammering that was coming from the room above, it didn't help that the walls are very hollow.

Pity my stay wasn't as I had hoped for. I had high hopes considering it's a brand new hotel. For my next trip to Bangkok, I'll be sticking back with some of the usual ones.There are plenty of other hotels that are conveniently located with much bigger rooms for the same price. Thai hospitality is top notch regardless so I don't think I'll be missing much by not choosing Mode Sathorn for my next trip.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple